What School Does To You...

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by kedio, Feb 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kedio

kedio Donator

So, basically, for me, school is just a six-hour prison. I liked it in third grade, but now... 7th Grade.. ITS HELL.
    [​IMG]

Well, school... it causes stress and pressure. You feel so freaking caught up with your homework pile that you pretty much drown in that you have no time to chill on Minecraft, on your bed, or read a book. Or watch Netflix! I'd like to say to anyone who thinks homework isn't a bad thing, I know it isn't! Its learning at home, and I understand that! But, do teachers have to give us SO MUCH? It actually gets old. I actually think school makes me insane. Must be why I'm so emo...

So, what does school do to you?

~ Carmen

2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    This video sums my thoughts up:

The system is alright but it needs changing..like, there are countless people who get overly stressed, overly anxious because of school to the point where it's harmful to ones health.I've had countless times where my anxiety levels have gone up so high that I've almost had a panic attack just because I was worried about a test I thought I didn't study enough for. I've had nights where I couldn't sleep, and due to that I had to go through the school day with only a few hours of sleep.
    School overall is good but it really..really has its downsides that are just really painful.

stanateez, Job_, katlynn and 3 others like this.
  3. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

School's alright for me. I'm able to choose the classes that are fun to me while being able to meet requirements to graduate/get into good universities.

Btw, for you middle-schoolers, just make it through these 1-3 years, and you'll be in high school heaven. Compared to middle school, high school is like a 5-star hotel and middle school is like a 2.5-star hotel. It works, but it's not comfortable.

retirednow likes this.
  4. motocicletar1

motocicletar1 Helper+ | Biker Donator

Minecraft:
    motocicletar1
    Once you hit high school it all gets better. Trust me.

Miner likes this.
  5. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    I'm in my exam year... I've become super depressed and anxious, almost all because of school. Thanks school for fucking my life up

6. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

If you're overwhelmed in 7th grade, I don't think you're well equipped to deal with IB. IB is fucking brutal, it's deadline after deadline, reflection after reflection, experiment after experiment. IB is one of the toughest syllabi in the world, with exams, Internal Assessments for every subject, CAS, TOK, and Extended Essay. It may sound impossible, but I am managing it, I got 30 points out of 30 in the first term. Dedication and hard work are the only things that will get you through school, do not give up, or else you will drown in work.

katlynn, Kaylyn and Bilbo like this.
  7. Koni_Eve

Koni_Eve [Premium]

Minecraft:
    _icanteven
    Stay in drugs.
    Don't do school.
    Jk but really, make sure you find time for yourself!

8. gippy

gippy DO IT Donator

it educates you

Katerina and Koni_Eve like this.
  9. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

[​IMG]

10. Teddie

Teddie Donator

I'm fine with school so far. Averaging decent grades and looking to get higher ones. I'm not really sociable so I tend to just stay in my own side doing my own thing.

11. Nicohle

Nicohle Donator

Minecraft:
    Nicohle
    lies

nivels, Contemptible, katlynn and 4 others like this.
  12. YoshcraftMLG

YoshcraftMLG E.T Sniper~ Actual Sandwich

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    Try and organize your time better for things, it's a very important skill to have once you hit high school. Focus on an area of study you're interested in, such as accelerating your math or science classes if possible. Create good study habits, for high school and more importantly college. Now matter how many people do it, Netflix and procrastination is NOT the way to get anything done in this world. Success comes with effort.

As to making it through grade school, focus mainly on sophomore and junior years of high school if you plan on college. But don't stress out so much, it will only be counter active. Like I said, you'll be a lot happier if you learn how to balance school and life. I can relate, never having time to do anything fun but it probably will be a fact of life, as my friends are always busy studying as well.

13. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

I love school tbh.. At least this year.

14. XxLamprophyrexX

XxLamprophyrexX 》Faction Veteran《 Playboy

Minecraft:
    PapiJr
    aw poor boo boo, if you think 7th grade is hard, better be ready to take it in the arsehole in highschool. school is school what do you expect

BobbyCheeser likes this.
  15. Seltrox

Seltrox Pastel Colors ♫ Donator

Minecraft:
    Seltrox
    School is good! That will be all thanks! Stay in school!!

16. kiraa

kiraa ugh Donator

Minecraft:
    kirupt
    School is okay, the only thing that's keeping me sane is socializing and talking to friends

17. Costellon

Costellon professional Boy Donator

Minecraft:
    colorised
    I recommend everybody watch this. Even if you have no interest in trying to change the school system, or you like the system. Just watch it anyway.

noahnoobfax likes this.
  18. Job_

Job_ Banana Donator

Minecraft:
    Sneakin_
    Well, it is not school what makes me busy. It are the other things around me. Like work football and a social life....

Costellon likes this.
  19. ThereAre2Genders

ThereAre2Genders according to all know laws of aviation Donator

Minecraft:
    ThereAre2Genders
    Middle school always sucks, it sucked for me

High school is fun though, but it's only fun if you manage your time and work, study, don't procrastinate, and participate

Look at me teaching the kiddies to stay in school I feel so old

20. stanateez

stanateez hongjoong enthusiast Donator

upload_2017-2-25_23-14-19.png
    upload_2017-2-25_23-14-35.png
    literally me^^

Balisarde likes this.