What happened?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ST3PMAN, Mar 10, 2017.

1. ST3PMAN

ST3PMAN Unseen

I remember 3-4 years back this server was the shit. What ever happened? Now it seems all the minigames are dead?

2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Players growing up and leaving, new players joining, basically everything is newer...
    That's the thing, a lot has changed over the span of a few years and some people grow up within that span of time. What happens when people grow up/have to take more responsibilities? They usually leave to focus on the real world, at-least by what I have seen. Don't forget the fear of change as well.

3. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    What was the server like back then lol? How much players did it even average

tence3000, dreamvlle and Nessa like this.
  4. TheFlamingDragon

TheFlamingDragon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    I am part of the newer players that has recently joined. I wish I had the opportunity to know this server at it's highest peek but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I'm still glad I know the server now. All thanks to @Serayne for forcing me to play on here that one time...

5. Cleb_

Cleb_ your friendly neighborhood tran™ Donator

Minecraft:
    Cleb_
    There's a lot of nostalgia surrounding this server for me.

I remember when there wasn't /all in Creative.
    More than 1 SG lobby, or even before that, a really big SG lobby.
    When Chat Roulette first was released.

So much more, and I hope the server makes a come back to where there were 2000 players on at all times.

6. TheFlamingDragon

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon

I've never seen the server at 2k. I would love to however. That would so amazing. Unfortunately unless we get some massive youtuber on here, I don't think that'll happen. But we can always hope! :D

tence3000 and Cleb_ like this.
  7. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    Well that's your fault.

Anyways, This community was at its peak in 2014, but slowly died out. It's also the fact that people are getting sick of Minecraft in general as well.

Mookey and TheFlamingDragon like this.
  8. TheFlamingDragon

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    That's so true because I remember when Mineplex had over 30k players. Now they have barely 10k. Maybe Hypixel stole them but the fact is, is that minecraft is dying.

tence3000 and Syrian like this.
  9. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s

@Ezzerland and I met over 11 years ago in a game that we both played for about 15 years in total. They said that game was dying. The game still isn't dead and it has a pretty decent player base. So decent that new people bought it in order to make sure it would stay alive and grow. All games wane from time to time. It doesn't mean that it is dying. It usually happens when there is a new console or a new game that is released. Then there is school and mid-terms and school breaks that also make the player numbers fluctuate. The patterns area pretty much constant. Maybe I'm just older and I've seen this pattern happen for a few decades so I can shrug it off easier than most people.

ItsJerry, tence3000 and Mookey like this.
  10. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Was it RuneScape?

ItsJerry and Mookey like this.
  11. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

All I remembered was that OITC had as much players as FarmKing.

pianoargmaster likes this.
  12. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    It's a shame to be honest. I personally miss the large community of OITC. It's basically what I called home at the time, but now no one plays.

tence3000, Mookey and Rivenze like this.
  13. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    I need to clarify that usually the time of the year that the server has peak players is summer break (ranges from May - September, could be earlier or later for other people in different schools).

I wouldn't say that the server is dying, per se, but it's just people can't come on when they want to.

Generations pass. Old people leave, new people join. Let's just say in about 3 years time the staff team will be completely changed up as well. Sad to hear but it's the truth.

tence3000 and Mookey like this.
  14. Job_

Job_ Banana Donator

Minecraft:
    Sneakin_
    It is true that the community is losing more and more people, I will always try to be a part of this server even tough I still have to do my exams.

15. Magical

Magical . Donator

When you're one of those people that have been here since early days and have grown up but haven't left.

Well I just check forums when I'm bored tbh

16. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Same here. I've seen alot on the server changing over time. I didn't interact with other players as much in the older days than I do nowadays. There was also a period where I took a "break" from Minecraft generally, but usually kept myself up to date on the server in some way.

Personally I don't think the server really is dying. The community still stand strong on it's feet. People just come and leave. To focus on more important things, which I've experienced myself.

It hurts me to say this, but... this server might not even be existing anymore in a couple of years. A community I used to been in years ago, it had to shut down. Saw them all as my family, basically. I tried to contact many, but I only succeeded in finding very few of the people. I love J&H and rather not see it happen for a while. But hey, you can't predict the future. So who knows.

tence3000 and Markend like this.
  17. Job_

Job_ Banana Donator

Minecraft:
    Sneakin_
    The same goes for me.

18. Warden

Warden Donator

I wouldn't even say 2014, the server and community was beginning to peak a lot at around mid/end of 2013 time due to the forum revamp and new minigames. I remember when I first joined the server and I could never get into a SG or OITC lobby because it was always so packed with players, if I could go back to those days I would.

I mean, the server has changed drastically, Both minigame wise and community wise, and I believe it's quite good to have change. This server may of been very popular back in say, 2014, but it's still popular now. Unfortunately people grow out of it, myself included. However there are still community members who've been here since 2012, which is really amazing to see.

tence3000 and Smg like this.
  19. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Ewww, no.

20. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    ):
    What game then?