Minecraft What changed it for you ?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SixthCoyote, Jun 17, 2017.

1. SixthCoyote

SixthCoyote Donator

Minecraft:
    Ezreul
    Hey guys, hope everyone's enjoying their summer break. I thought I'd make a thread on what you guys think hindered the game itself. I guess this isn't the most positive thread but I'm just curious as to what you guys think. I just remember the good old days with the infinite arrow glitch and making stupid contraptions and not worrying about players raiding you without the help of plugins.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the game, but more so wonder what made it so different now than what it was back then.

2. ShadowFlames

ShadowFlames Donator

At the risk of being repeated: 1.9 PvP

3. blamecoopa

blamecoopa how did i get here? Donator

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
    I think Mojang kept adding and adding and adding and sooner or later, people who just wanted to play casually back then now have to look on the forum every 5 seconds for something new that pops up. It's gotten so bad that I had to sit down for 2-3 hours to figure out 1.12, and I'm still not done. It's outrageous.

4. Trisssy

Trisssy Tris | Aussie | Donator

Minecraft:
    Trisssy
    I don't have summer break, I'm from Australia. It's really frosty atm :C

tence3000 and SixthCoyote like this.
  5. MemeDreamTeam

MemeDreamTeam Stingy

Minecraft:
    Sorry I don't play anymore
    i will NEVER play the new updates until they do something about the new pvp. and the ender dragon fight in 1.9 is crap. i hate the new updates so freakin much

tence3000 and SixthCoyote like this.
  6. Thepoisonpotatoe

Thepoisonpotatoe Black sheep

Minecraft:
    thepoisonpotatoe
    Srupid mojang keeps on updating to a point we cant keep up. The update on horses already is too much for me to keep up, and then 1.7 comes with a lot of stuff. And now 1.1.2 has iron nuggets. what???????!!!!

tence3000 likes this.
  7. blamecoopa

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
    Don't forget the 10 mobs they added

8. Thepoisonpotatoe

Thepoisonpotatoe Black sheep

Minecraft:
    thepoisonpotatoe
    Yea seems they are running out of ideas. Polar bears, then parrots LOL xD

9. lols

lols Unknown Donator

for me, all the updates (and some personal stuff) kinda ruined it for me, I don't find the gameplay as challenging as before (talking about singleplayer/survival/those kinds of game modes), and this might be just the servers I've been on, but I've seen that as the years progress, the toxicity in chats has really risen lately, more than before hand.

blamecoopa likes this.
  10. MemeDreamTeam

MemeDreamTeam Stingy

Minecraft:
    Sorry I don't play anymore
    they keep updating the game too much

blamecoopa likes this.
  11. blamecoopa

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
    Yes, yes and more yes

MemeDreamTeam likes this.
  12. kedio

kedio Donator

to be honest, the only thing that made it so different were the new blocks in the 1.12 update. also, clay is now called "terracotta," which makes it fcking impossible to do anything without messing up

13. Rofl

Rofl ᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟ Donator

HCF changed it for me

14. unknown292929

unknown292929 Member Donator

Haha same!

15. blamecoopa

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
  16. kiraa

kiraa ugh Donator

Minecraft:
    kirupt
    lack of fun

17. Pancho

Pancho Guap Donator

Minecraft:
    PanchoSucc
    honestly in my opinion, if mojang kept the game at 1.7 i feel like I would still have a lot of fun on the server. 1.5-1.7 was the update range when jerry and Harry's server would get around 1.5-2k players and I miss a lot of people from them

safoya299 likes this.
  18. Rofl

Rofl ᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟ Donator

HCF = Hardcore Factions

19. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

Well 1.9 and over sucked. I prefer 1.8, but 1.12 for singleplayer, I can easily switch versions by the new launcher. But I still prefer the older version of the launcher. I don't think there is a way to get it back. But honestly, 1.9 and over is cool, but not my kind of updates. 1.8 is still my favorite version, but sadly, 1.1.2 is great using for building in singleplayer imo.

20. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I recognise that minecraft isn't in its full glory anymore but I'm not doubtful.
    I believe that the developers at Microsoft have the opportunities to really develop Minecraft in a positive way if they make a 2.0 version of the game.
    Honestly for me the blocks weren't the bad part, as if you don't like them you just don't use them in your builds, but the pvp is awful.
    Most people say 1.7 was better than 1.8 and to me I don't really care because when you look at the jump to 1.9 the game mechanics for pvp broke imo.
    I barely play servers that are 1.9+ unless they are creative.
    Also another thing that made me feel worse about the game was that it wasn't the 'cool' game to play anymore.
    I remember 2/3 years ago everyone would play it and it would be the big thing people talk about.
    Now it's been left for dead basically and that means a lot of my friends have stopped playing the game.
    I heard that back in like May 55/120 million devices were still be used monthly.
    I think Minecraft needs to get something done with this game or they will lose it.
    They need to make it appeal more without making the game feel as if I were playing a modded version of itself.
    Who knows, maybe in the future something will come and prove me wrong but for now I stand my ground on this opinion but I still love the game and I ain't gonna follow whatever the 'popular' game is at the moment or whatever is 'cool' but follow what I like to do/play.
    But still, who knows what the future holds for Minecraft, maybe it will be restored to its former glory...