Weather situation in Germany

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by n00bhouse, Jun 8, 2016.

1. n00bhouse

n00bhouse Donator

Since May 28th 2016 a low pressure area, known in Germany as Elvira, destroys areas in whole Europe.

gewitter-121-_v-modPremium.jpg
    Picture from Backnang, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

To date, there have been 4 tornados, dozens of injured by lightnings, eleven dead, mud- and waterfloodings. The series of these thunderstorms in 2 weeks even amaze experts. Since 2 weeks there have been 3000 thunderstorm warnings for whole Germany, and it is not over yet.
    unwetter1706_v-vierspaltig.jpg
    Image of a tornado near Hamburg

Basements full with water, houses without roofs, fallen trees: That is Hamburg after the storms. People look at their houses, almost destroyed, calling insurances and their family members. The fire department sent 1000 helpers out into the trouble areas. An important street in Hamburg was completely jammed due to several trees fallen on them. The damage is not exactly known.

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg
    Picture from a car stuck in the mud, Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Bavaria has been hit way worse. Mud- and waterfloodings, missed and dead people. Until today all missed people have been found. The german federal minister of environment, Hendricks, announced emergency aids. The thunderstorms will not stop, says the German Weather Service (DWD). the river "Riemgraben" by Günzburg was overflowing today. The next thunderstorms are announced for tonight.
    simbach-119-_v-videowebl.jpg simbach-109-_v-videowebl.jpg
    Pictures of the bavarian Simbach, where the thunderstorm rioted the most

gewitter-119-_v-videowebl.jpg
    Picture of Frankfurt during last night

An end is not yet in sight. New warnings are being released every hour. The overall damage can be around one billion €. I live in a region with many warnings, nothing happened yet,. Let's hope it will be that way until everything is over.

Text translated from tagesschau.de, ndr.de and br.de.
    Pictures from bild.de and tagesschau.de

I thought I should let you guys know what is going on. Remember: The thunderstorms don't just riot in Germany, they riot in whole Europe.

sss, PhantomStar, taylorr and 7 others like this.
  2. TrippyPenguin10

TrippyPenguin10 [VIP]

Minecraft:
    Won't show for now
    Damn sounds like fun to be in Germany

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

Glad I'm your neighbour 'country' c;