Voting poll [Reset]

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ItsWilly, Feb 11, 2015.

?

Should we reset Factions?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2015.
  1. Yes

161 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsWilly

ItsWilly Ex Co-Owner Donator

Minecraft:
    MrDeathWilliam
    Hello guys,

This a pretty simple poll, should we reset the Factions map? The current map is too used, barely no land left, griefing everywhere, and honestly, doesn't look like a fun place to hang around anymore (unfortunately, this happens in Survival too, but that's another issue).

Yes, factions is a place meant to be ''Hardcore'' but honestly, we want our servers to attract new people, and as you might imagine, if someone joins right now and sees a vastly griefed area with barely no opportunity of succeeding in the map, they won't give it a shot.

Take in account, factions was under a time of a lot of bugs and glitches, which people abused a lot, like the creeper egg duplication bug. Resetting factions would literally annihilate all the negative impact it had in the server and the players.

If we did reset the map, we would most likely make upgrades to the server. Taking the opportunity to add new things for better gameplay. Perhaps keeping things like Enderchest content and money balance would be possibilities, so people that worked hard, don't lose everything. Don't forget, revamping a server makes space for improvement :)

In the presented poll, you may vote on wether we should reset it or not. We want to know where the community stands on this matter.

Feel free to debate this in the comment section, but try to keep it polite. Don't answer people based on a selfish point of view. Take in account this is a community, this is the product of thousands of people interacting with each other, try to see the perspective of others and what is better in large numbers, not in individual cases.

Thank you and have a good day.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. PyromancerMagic

PyromancerMagic Donator

If you are considering a Faction reset, should we expect to see a thread like this for Survival as well?

3. SSAce

SSAce ! Donator

Minecraft:
    SSAce
    I was thinking of joining factions for a while now, but once I saw the world with like everything outside of the spawn warzone claimed and/or griefed I immediately went back to my shelter(OITC).

All for reset

iParis, Umar, dinoceros and 6 others like this.
  4. Ayg

Ayg life is interesting :)

Minecraft:
    N/A
    Omg, Honestly Willy, i can't thank you enough for making this poll.
    Now that all duplication glitches are patched we can all start faction over legitemitly with no glitches.
    Thanks again willy.
    And you even know how much people abused glitches. You know willy u had to echest see peoole and them having stacks of ceggs and u having to take them.
    So thanks.

Umar, Thijs1109, Snowwyy and 5 others like this.
  5. Nicohle

Nicohle Donator

Minecraft:
    Nicohle
    This is great, I definitely think factions is ready for a reset. People are simply getting too overpowered and new people have struggles. Also, it sometimes gets boring when you have nothing left to do. A reset would be a step towards the right direction.

nivels, Umar, GYPTIAN and 3 others like this.
  6. NdianX

NdianX

At first i was disagreeing with the fact of reseting the server. Although Willy your points are valid and have great benefits for the people that play on the server. Although before I vote can you please confirm if we will be allowed to keep the enderchest/money. Thanks.

Umar, Thijs1109 and Lars like this.
  7. Ayg

Minecraft:
    N/A
    No we won't its a complete wipe.

8. ItsWilly

ItsWilly Ex Co-Owner Donator

Minecraft:
    MrDeathWilliam
    There is a possibility that those things might be kept. Then again, a possibility, not 100% confirmed. I know people don't want to lose their stuff, but factions has been under so may difficulties, wiping out the current map and data would have so many general benefits, and I'm sure people would enjoy it way more.

Katozaki and Thijs1109 like this.
  9. Krewlex

Krewlex Donator

Minecraft:
    XenonHD / Krewlex
    We were debating to put Survival on here, however Factions has more changes and more of the land used on a quicker basis, meaning it's basically filled up more often. People being raided, then moving etc. Survival has builds that take time and patience, doesn't really need resetting. Yet.

Katozaki, _Ihatesky_, Morcov and 2 others like this.
  10. Ayg

Minecraft:
    N/A
    I Disagree, that factions should keep Money,And enderchest. Imagine, If people keep their enderchest they might have alot of duped ceggd in there as i said befour.
    Also, about keeping our money. That is a HUGE mistake. Imagin how op people can become again by keeping their money?
    If its going to reset i suggest making a full reset.
    Thats my thaughts please me know what you think Willy.

Snowwyy, NoRhyme, Katozaki and 4 others like this.
  11. Nicohle

Nicohle Donator

Minecraft:
    Nicohle
    One more quick question. I'm all for the faction reset but, I'm concerned about the land around what would be the new warzone. Some player might just claim all of the land around warzone then, that would create a new set of problems for others. I'm not bashing the idea of a reset it's just a question. I'm hoping we can get a reset though.

nivels likes this.
  12. NdianX

NdianX

thats a general game problem, u cant rly do anything bout that

yes i understand the, but i believe that we should be able to keep the enderchests, therefore it balances out the situation and not only benefiting one side. Its your call though, but just please post a final post including the details and date(s) for the reset.

Lars likes this.
  13. Curving

Curving Factions Veteran ~ Quantum <3 Donator

Minecraft:
    funkybeats
    Thank you so much for making a thread like this Willy. Well, my opinion is to reset factions. It's been long enough and I think we should have a fresh start. It would give newer players a chance to catch up to all the OP players, which would be good for the server. And yes, the duplicated creeper eggs are an issue, which would be fixed with a reset. 10 months is enough time.

I'm all for the reset. :D

Inisity, Nicohle and Ayg like this.
  14. Qvandellos

Qvandellos

I'm completely for the reset, not the money and enderchest idea though, because it wouldn't really be a fresh start.
    You know what would be really fun? letting us fly around the map (all protected of course) and just look at everything.
    And maybe even putting the map up for download ;)

DylanThorpee, GYPTIAN and Ayg like this.
  15. Ayg

Minecraft:
    N/A
    Omg yes yes yes!!! Befoure factions resets let us have the map download so we can explore for our selfs :).

16. GYPTIAN

GYPTIAN Azza Donator

Minecraft:
    GYPTIAN
    I think Factions is ready for a reset its been to long.

17. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    Yes. There's nothing left anymore, and drama everywhere. This will be a great way to start fresh.

Just a question: Will we be extending the world borders too?

Ayg, Snowwyy, _Ihatesky_ and 2 others like this.
  18. Ayg

Minecraft:
    N/A
    That would be great!

19. JuniDaBawz

JuniDaBawz Subscribe to my channel: JuniDaBawz Donator

Agreed

Many of our friends have been leaving and many inactive factions claimed and never unclaimed for a long time. This would make other people who play factions catch up with the over-powered players on factions.

One question, what about the things we bought on Factions? Will that be resetting as well along with our kits that came with the rank or it isn't going to be over-powered as much?

Curving likes this.
  20. Ayg

Minecraft:
    N/A
    Dud no of course our kits would not reset.
    I didnt pay $70 for kit p4 and p3 to lose it as for others aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.