Venom's PSA.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by KaiserVenom, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Are you going to be posting On-Topic posts now?

1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    Before I even start off here, this does not have to do at all with the Off-Topic/Spam section of the forum.

This is more of a Public Service Announcement than anything.

I am almost certain anyone above 100 posts has seen threads go off topic before.
    I will put images of threads that fall within this category from now on, and how they go off-topic.
    I also took the liberty to also blur out any names so I do not accidently offend anyone.
    Edit: PM me if I miss one.
    image.jpeg This one was the first victim, (It was mine by the way) half of the posts are entirely off-topic from the original thread. Even going so far as to suggest making a entirely new thread about it. image.jpeg
    This one goes off-topic immediately, I do not even have to say it. I wish for no offence if the owner sees this.
    image.jpeg
    This one goes off-topic later on in the thread. This one is not as bad of an offender as the others, but it still counts.
    Will update later.

It does not take a genius to figure out that these are off topic, and the problem is also obvious. I have a point to make though, and I will state now:

You see, all it takes for something to go off topic is for someone to post a gif, or just post a joke they thought was funny. As always, I cannot be spot on about some situations, and I also want to mention that making a joke on a thread with involves the topic, or even referring to the topic is fine. But we all already knew that.
    My point is do not post random stuff in threads which jokes are uncalled for, instead post them where jokes are the topic, and I will even post one myself :3

There is another type of post that gets people off-topic which is minor, but can cause an entire thread to crumble:

Offence.

I want to propose a simple solution to this problem to everyone. If anyone posts anything directly insulting or accidentally embarrassing/shaming you. Just PM the person!

There is no need to publically go out and say "This post offended/embarrassed me".
    Going out there and PMing the person and resolving a problem (I.E wanting someone to remove something) can mean all the difference between starting drama, making a thread go off topic completely, or something else!

I will edit this post later on to make it look better, correct grammar, and add more situations of more threads going off-topic.
    Edit Count: 6

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  2. mochi

mochi t̶̀h̶e̵ ̷̧͝c̵̨á̢t͘ Donator

I wouldn't consider my first post off topic, as I talked about your suggestion, and it was only at the end of my post that I asked (her, not sure if she wants me to say who it is) if I could suggest that. I completely forgot about that... Whoops.
    Anyways, I apologize for going off topic, and I agree that off-topic posts are a problem, especially if it's on a thread discussing a serious topic.
    I agree with you. Thanks for blurring out my name, by the way.

TreeKillerMan and KaiserVenom like this.
  3. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I made sure not to call you out on purpose, I made sure of that. I did agree with you on the post, but I believe it could have been discussed though PM than on the thread.

I have nothing against you, I honestly think you are a nice person. I have been editing this post to include any threads I see go off-topic. Do not feel bad my friend!

mochi likes this.