Venom's Guide.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by KaiserVenom, Apr 14, 2016.

?

Did you learn anything?

1. Yes.

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    Alright.
    This is more of a continuation of my "Staff Acknowledgement/Appreciation thread".
    I am here today to give you guys a guide on how to help this community
    without being a staff member, so let's get right into it. I will put them in order from start to finish.

1. The PM.
    This is a small, but can make someone's day. Everyone here knows that we have a great staff team, right? I hope so. Anyway, from now on you should write staff a thank-you message in the form of a PM.
    It helps them more than you think, because operating a server with literally over 300-500 people is not easy, including this forum we all know and love. This can help this community in a variety of ways from inspiring staff members to even making Jerry or Harry happy just by giving them a small thank you.

2. Reporting and a Wachful Eye.
    This is one we should all do. You see that report button beside every post? Well, use it damnit! You have the power to be just as effective as any staff member by reporting posts/players that break the rules (@Sirius ).
    This helps you, other players, and all the staff when you report someone who breaks the rules.

Keeping a watchful eye for rule breakers is also key behavior, as it helps everyone and stops them from doing too much damage.
    If you do these two things, you are greatly helping our community and it owes you a debt.

3. Appreciating other Members.
    How is this important you ask? I'm going to tell you.
    It is essiantially the staffs job to do this all the time for us, and it helps all of us when you do this.
    Appreciating other members can be done in several different ways, and I will list them for everybody to see as a mini-list.
    1. Respect people's opinions.
    2. Don't start flame wars with other members.
    3. Be nice and friendly when you are talking to a new member regardless of their maturity.
    4. If someone offends you, handle it though PM if it isn't report-worthy.
    ... And many more.

4. Encouragement/Inspiration.
    @ImNotOkayy @Venom_Snake
    You know how effective inspiring and encouraging other members is to people who need it?Speaking of which, I encourage you to go inspire @ImNotOkayy , as he made a thread asking for it yesterday, and I will link the thread in a separate spoiler.
    Point is, always inspire someone when you can, it means a lot to them and to others.
    Secondly, we generally see the staff as inspiration, but alternatively, they also see us as an inspiration also. We can repay them by simply acknowledging them for their work.

5. The Staff and You.
    You. How do you see our staff?
    Whether or not you see it, you have a much bigger effect on them depending on your actions.
    If you are a bad member for whatever reason, these guys will Micheal Myers you if you are not careful to avoid doing malicious actions.
    Alternatively, if you help the staff team, help them in their efforts and struggles, you are doing a great deed for this community. Whether on the server, or on the forums. If you keep this up, they can see you as a potential candidate for becoming staff. Not like being a staff member matters anyway.
    The ways you can do this are listed in past examples, and in your own creative ways.
    You and the Staff are a lot alike in several ways, as we are all human beings with different opinions.
    Don't waste your chance to help this community.

Epilogue.
    I really do help this thread helps you somehow with your future endeavors. If you learned something, vote in the poll. My job here is done, your choice to do this things is up to you.
    ~Venom.

Syrian and Emeritus_IV like this.
  2. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I've often had conflicting reasons on what to post here and there on these forums. I have problems when it comes to very popular members. I feel intimidated when a member with a very high post/like count speaks to me, and I rarely post because I am afraid of destroying my reputation on a post, albeit a political view to an unintentional prejudice comment. I often feel I am not worthy of being a part of this community as I am different. I have no interest in the very popular things today like vines, music, anime, etc. I mainly keep to myself by playing games offline when I'm not on these forums. I always hide behind a mask because a problem I have is the judgement of other people. Sometimes certain terrible things I did in the past, up to 3 years ago still come back to me today, and even if the person I wronged has forgiven me/forgot about it, it's still hard for me to accept that we can't change the past. I change my ideas a lot. Sometimes I'm feeling that I'm able to forget the past and live in the future, other times, I feel like disconnecting my account and never coming back.

Another problem is that I am far too submissive to other's thoughts about me. Even if only one person out of a hundred hates me, I feel like I'm missing something and that it's my fault for their opinion on me. I honestly let my emotions control me, rather than I control my emotions.

Despite the things said above, things are looking up for the future. I often spend my time in OITC fishing for those who use their clients and trinkets to cheat in games. It isn't much, but knowing that I'm helping to keep OITC clean of peasants re-assures me that I'm a part of this community and I have a purpose.
    Untitled.png

Zackery, TreeKillerMan, vipa and 3 others like this.