Update #2 on my Film Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JokerBen, Jan 13, 2018.

1. JokerBen

JokerBen Helper | The Joker Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    Hello!

I've gotten a lot of planning done and things arranged since my last update, 15 days ago. Here's what's up:
    • I'm excited to announce @Krewlex as the film's composer of an original soundtrack. He's going to do an amazing job.
    • I had my casting director out to dinner a few weeks ago and we had an incredibly productive conversation. In short, we decided to push back the date where we would finalize the cast to April just so we would have more time for auditions and evaluations.
    • I just ordered several pieces of recording equipment so that the sound matches the professional quality of the visual aspects.
    • I've got pretty much every shooting location finalized. It's hard to get places like parks to let you shoot a film on their property when you'll be using (prop) guns lol... It's a good thing I've got friends, family, and other connections who have property that suit our location needs or else this film would not be happening.
    • There's this website that's like GoFundMe, except for film makers. It's called Seed&Spark. The only catches are that their administrators have to approve your film, you can only keep the money after you've raised 80% of it, and the campaigns only run for 60 or so days. The challenge here is networking enough in that short amount of time to raise money and the fact that most campaigns that get top $$$ are films that are generally progressive in theme (empowering minorities, etc.). While I have nothing against that, this film certainly does not have a positive progressive message which could be a turn-off. Luckily, I have the "skeleton" funds to make the film although extra money would be nice so I could pay more people more money for their work.
    • On the subject of Seed&Spark, I'll put a link in an update thread when I launch the campaign, probably in May, April, or June. I will have rewards for donating such as signed movie posters, physical DVD copies of the film, and other goodies if you feel called to contribute. Like I said before, I have all essential money to make the film, but donations would allow me to give better pay to my cast and crew which I would love to do but I simply don't have the money. I certainly don't expect anyone on here to donate, and there will be no hard feelings for anyone who doesn't, but the opportunity will be available for those who would like to help.
    I can't wait to share the end result of all this with everyone here. Thanks for reading! The next update will have something with substance, I promise.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. quakingariana

quakingariana Donator

I can't wait to see it x

JokerBen likes this.
  3. JokerBen

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    xoxo

quakingariana likes this.
  4. Smg

Smg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | I.M.A.G.I.N.E Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I'm still really impressed with you dude, this all seems so awesome and man if I knew you irl I would be begging rn to be a part of it
    Best of luck and I can't wait to see the final thing

JokerBen likes this.
  5. JokerBen

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    Haha thanks SMG, but be careful what you wish for :P

I've been forcing several of my friends to test out fight scenes for me and it really is a lot of time and effort they're giving me and I'm so thankful for it!

TwageTomato and Smg like this.
  6. sunflower

sunflower my teeth hurt a lot 'cause i grind 'em with stress Donator

Minecraft:
    rozmxn
    Excited to see :eek:

JokerBen likes this.
  7. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    Congratulations Ben. Hmu on discord sometime and keep me updated, this is very interesting and it is always good talking too.

Back to being ontopic, congrats Ben and Xenan

JokerBen likes this.
  8. JokerBen

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    Thanks man! Hopefully I won't have to pay when I upload it to YouTube lol (jokes)

Contemptible likes this.