United States - 2016 Race for the White House

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Jacob1yolla, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Jacob1yolla

Jacob1yolla [Legend]

Minecraft:
    Jacob1yolla
    Hello everyone! I was wondering what everybody thinks about the current candidates that have announced that they will seek nomination, and what your opinion is on their policies? (NOTE: This is not a discussion of who is right or wrong, or party superiority, strictly broad opinions.)

2. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

Donald Trump is a git.

Bernie Sanders should win.

3. Jacob1yolla

Jacob1yolla [Legend]

Minecraft:
    Jacob1yolla
    Interesting... I might be seeing Bernie Sanders this weekend, and saw Donald Trump last Saturday.

4. Katy_

Katy_ Donator

Bernie Sanders is my homeboy

5. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
  6. smeghead333

smeghead333

Minecraft:
    smeghead333
    If Bernie Sanders doesn't win I will literally cry. 'Nuff said.

andrewswift and Katy_ like this.
  7. Jacob1yolla

Jacob1yolla [Legend]

Minecraft:
    Jacob1yolla
    It seems pretty awkward with all these Bernie Sanders supporters... Seeing as I am a Donald Trump supporter.

TAJPATEL24 likes this.
  8. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Have you reviewed his political standpoints and recent actions? Or are you just supporting him because he's well known?
    I respect your decision though

9. Jacob1yolla

Jacob1yolla [Legend]

Minecraft:
    Jacob1yolla
    I am personally a fan of Donald Trump, because I am very fond of his plan to bring jobs back to the United States, and placing tariffs on incoming items. When an American based company goes over national lines to build a factory, they should not be able to float their product over tariff free. Ford for example (as used by Mr. Trump) should not be able to float vehicles over the border, as if it was made here in the United States, and make a huge profit, while individuals here could really use the jobs that are provided by the factories.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  10. Morcov

Morcov Furry|♥Zoroark♥|The everything man

Donald Trump reminds me of some of the people on this Forum. He just seems to be bitching. And Although some of his points are true to an extent(Bad Immigrants & Stupid Leaders), I haven't actually seen him do . . . Anything, really. He just complains and complains.

sebastiann, MC_Scout, Kimme and 4 others like this.
  11. Jacob1yolla

Jacob1yolla [Legend]

Minecraft:
    Jacob1yolla
    Well, what would you like him to do at this moment? He is trying to get into office, so that he may fix this broken economy.

12. Morcov

The Economy isn't the problem, it's the government. Did you know that in some cases, Congressmen are paid more than the president every year after service? The president is paid 150k per year and in one case a congressman got paid 174k a year after service. That sort of shit shouldn't be happening in our government, and that's what really needs to change.

Katy_ and smeghead333 like this.
  13. Jacob1yolla

Jacob1yolla [Legend]

Minecraft:
    Jacob1yolla
    I agree with your statement regarding salaries of elected officials, but to say that our economy isn't a problem is a massive understatement.

SinisterBucky likes this.
  14. ItsPacers

ItsPacers Well-Known-Member Donator

Minecraft:
    ItsPacers
    Hillary Clinton pls

15. Rummi

Rummi Gooby and BlueJeans son | Karaoke God

Minecraft:
    Rummi
    Why though?

smeghead333 likes this.
  16. Morcov

I'll answer this.

'Because we need a woman president.'

Curving, Sakujo, GalaxyPuffz and 2 others like this.
  17. Rummi

Rummi Gooby and BlueJeans son | Karaoke God

Minecraft:
    Rummi
    I will quote @~Ben

retirednow and smeghead333 like this.
  18. Morcov

I was poking fun at the arguement with the quotation marks. In my opinion all leaders should be voted by their actions & opinions on problems today, not voted by their race, gender, religion, or sexual input.

19. MCTnTBoy

MCTnTBoy mlg llama- baby photo :D

Minecraft:
    iTNTPvP
    Bernie Sanders

smeghead333 likes this.
  20. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    Actually, both are problems. Big corporations have little (too little, IMO) regulation so they can keep the CEO payout ratio as high as they want and keep non-management positions at minimum wage. They fight oncoming regulation too. All the while, the income gap increases. I wonder why. Many people talk about the US as having high average income numbers. Some of these people forget that we have some of the highest economic inequality in the world. (If not the most... I haven't looked at the numbers since last year.) Sure, Congress is kinda fucked up right now. Please note, however, that disregarding the economy's status is pretty... ignorant. I'm sure it wasn't intentional of you to flat out push away the economy as anything to address. Just something to keep in mind.

P.S. Sanders all the way. He's been vocal about the economic issues, I'll have you know.
    P.P.S. "But you can live fine off of minimum wage, can't you? It's like $13k a year. Therefore, this isn't a problem, right?" Please, that isn't enough to pay for rent and basic needs. If you're in that situation, you either get an additional job, which can be stupidly stressful, or you get a new life on the streets. And some people with some circumstances just cannot get anything better than minimum wage jobs. This is their problem and I'm pretty damn sure it needs to be addressed.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Jacob1yolla and Katy_ like this.