United Factions Implementation

Discussion in 'Peaceful Survival' started by Sir_Tealsworth, Jun 6, 2017.

1. TwageTomato

TwageTomato [Helper] | Coder | 4.5yr Vet | Experienced Builder Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Twage
    what he said

Sir_Tealsworth likes this.
  2. Lucario

Lucario The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    I don't understand why this is needed, tbh. This isn't something like the Factions server where people can actually go into war and have conflicts with eachother. This is Peaceful Survival. There is no such thing as war or conflict in peaceful survival. There's arguments, sure, but no one is threatening the peace and prosperity of the server. You're just uplifting an attribute to the server that's ingrained in stone.

Contemptible and Bearington like this.
  3. Sir_Tealsworth

Sir_Tealsworth Leader of Echo | Server Vet | J&H Build Team Builder

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    You don't play survival much do you?

Link_der_Wolf and TwageTomato like this.
  4. Lucario

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    I do, and I never see any of what you're trying to uphold. Now instead of being an elitist, can you please explain why UF is needed in survival? I really would like to hear your reasoning behind this. I play quite alot of new survival(ScoutArmy), but I left the old survival about 6 months before the reset.

Emeritus_IV likes this.
  5. TwageTomato

TwageTomato [Helper] | Coder | 4.5yr Vet | Experienced Builder Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Since teal gave a rather brief and unhelpful explanation, let me go into detail of just how bad "wars" can get in this allegedly peaceful server, in spite of the efforts of the owners.

Let's make one thing clear: War is possible, and it has happened more than once before. The server may be named "Peaceful Survival", but that means nothing if the players don't adhere to it. Teal knows this firsthand because he was once the leader of a faction in a war he wanted nothing to do with. The opposing factions, who will remain unnamed, found many ways of making life miserable for one another. The two factions used tactics of creating claims around the borders of one another (and, at times, completely encircling one another), sending alternate accounts into the opposing faction to steal, grief, and kill, the spawning of multiple withers in the vicinity of each others' bases, and creations of cobblestone made by clever placement of lava and water. I am not entirely sure how this war started, how long it lasted, or who else got dragged into it; all I know is that it ruined tealsworth's faction so much that he quit Minecraft for many months.

Upon his return, tealsworth found that his faction had all but collapsed in his absence following the end of the war, leading him to start anew. He created an entirely new faction named Echo, invited all of his old allies (including myself) to join him in it, and it continues under the same name in the new survival. Tealsworth's past experiences with inter-faction violence and conflict, paired with my own ambitions for huge-scale projects, backed by a dedicated team of Echo members willing to see our dreams through, surrounded by a community who wants to improve the server (even if only to benefit from it themselves) all came together to create the United Factions.

Heed these words: The United Factions is needed, we will see it through, and we can improve the experience of all players through the work we do together as a unified and well-organized community. The veterans of this survival server are banding together to make peaceful survival a friendly, accessible, and fun place for anyone to enjoy - whether it's as a solo faction or as a part of a larger coalition of people. We want to make peaceful survival the most beloved "minigame" on J&H like it was 3 years ago.

Whether or not your faction, @Lucario, decides to join us in these efforts is up to you and your officers. We invite you to be a part of this, as we invite all factions to participate in helping one another out. The question is: Do you want to help?

Oh, on a completely unrelated note Lucario, I know exactly where your profile pic comes from, and that's a legit webcomic.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  6. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | REEEEEEEEEEEE Donator

Minecraft:
    Contemptible / Apedemak
    And it wasn't brought to staff attention? Almost half of those scenarios are most definitely punishment worthy.

Lucario and t3mptr3s like this.
  7. Sir_Tealsworth

Sir_Tealsworth Leader of Echo | Server Vet | J&H Build Team Builder

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    You have no idea how many staff were involved and how many times we tried to get them banned. The two kickers were 1: we didn't have screenshots of them actually doing most of it and 2: the plugin that tells you who placed what blocks wasn't working back then so they got off scot-free every time. It wasn't until they created a cobble monster that literally swallowed the front half of the faction that the owners themselves had to WorldEdit it out of existence. After that the owner of the faction started harassing members through chat and was finally banned for a few months, I don't think we've seen him since.

TwageTomato and SpookySmg like this.
  8. Lucario

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    But the logblock plugin is working now, and until it's broken, just about all this is useless. Either way, I fear it will all be fruitless due to the overly diplomatic system you've set up with valid punishment. You're essentially a league of nations

9. Link_der_Wolf

Link_der_Wolf RazerNation Founder [Super] Rank Donator

Minecraft:
    Link_der_Wolf
    I don't want to say any names, but I already saw a case of a Faction getting griefed by another Player, just because he didn't like their idea.

I don't know if the player got banned or something, but it still shows that the problem is real. People often spend a lot of time (and resources) to build Statues, Buildings, Farms, etc. and it would honestly really suck if someone just joins and griefs your hard work.

UF is really needed imo.

Sir_Tealsworth and Stv like this.
  10. Lucario

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    You mind PM'ing me about the grief? It's a little hard to believe that a grief happened when there's no names, not even the victim's name, given.

11. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    First off, you aren't a staff member so you have no right asking for that kind of stuff. Secondly, does it have to happen to you for you to believe it? It's happened to me, tealsworth, and numerous other larger factions. It has been proven many times over that griefing another faction is entirely possible, and while it should be punished, I'd prefer to prevent it rather than fix it afterwards.

Bearington and Sir_Tealsworth like this.
  12. Lucario

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    1: I may not be a staff member, but if someone is going to give an example to support their claim, they need to atleast provide some tangible evidence. It's one of the most basic rules of logic: The burden of proof goes to the positive claim. And sorry if I haven't exactly been on for 6 months, or in this circle of large factions that apparently have morally aprehensible grief wars with each other.

2: If you want to make UF, go ahead. But, due to the near-nothing of staff involvement and your beaurocratic inhibitors, you are closer a support group, with unneeded politics, than an actual diplomatic mediator.

13. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    It sounds like you aren't exactly clear on what the U.F. is doing, so let me clarify for you and everyone else. The union serves three major purposes: diplomacy, polling, and initiatives.

The first one, diplomacy, is for the U.F. to act as a mediator in disputes between factions so that there is always a (hopefully unbiased) third party keeping discussions from flaring up. A leader/ambassador from a third faction will help two disagreeing factions resolve their matters so that wars of griefing and such don't start. The U.F. will also serve to help factions that have been griefed by rogue members, should the faction need help getting back on their feet.

The second purpose is to simply get the opinion of the server's leaders on certain topics and issues that come up so that everyone is aware of what others think and we can act accordingly, whether that be new initiatives (see below), events we want to plan, or other things.

The third purpose, which you seem to be ignoring Lucario, is our initiatives. These are multi-faction efforts to help improve the world for all players by directly contributing publicly usable facilities and locations, like our road-from-spawn initiative. These are build projects, marketplaces, and other large-scale efforts to make the server a better place for veterans and noobs alike.

While the first purpose of the U.F. may not come up very often, it is still something we'll have to worry about. However, the second and third purposes are the much more practical reasons for the U.F.'s perpetual existence.

14. GYPTIAN

GYPTIAN Quit Donator

Minecraft:
    GYPTIAN
  15. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Hi

16. GYPTIAN

GYPTIAN Quit Donator

Minecraft:
    GYPTIAN
    How's this UF thing working out for you guys.

17. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Haven't gotten around to starting construction of the facility yet, though we are in the process of terraforming the area it will be built in. Most of the people in charge of building the U.F. main facility are busy with their own faction's establishment.

tence3000 and Sir_Tealsworth like this.
  18. GYPTIAN

GYPTIAN Quit Donator

Minecraft:
    GYPTIAN
    Good news gl with it

tence3000 and Sir_Tealsworth like this.
  19. LizzieRa17

LizzieRa17

Minecraft:
    LizzieRa17
    Although my faction is very small and not at all considered a superpower, I like the idea of a UF and if you need help with anything, my faction members (TheWonderPets) and I would be happy to help out.

TwageTomato and Sir_Tealsworth like this.
  20. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    I am almost done terraforming the ground on the island we'd be building in. If member factions are ready, we may be able to begin designing and building the facility soon. When construction of the facility begins, we will give faction leaders and ambassadors access to the location and permissions to build there.