United Factions Implementation

Discussion in 'Peaceful Survival' started by Sir_Tealsworth, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Doggogo

Doggogo Donator

Minecraft:
    Doggogo
    Sorry, but I didn't mention it was anyone's fault, even that anybody should be to blame. It's their decision whether they're active or not and you have no control over it and I respect that, and with your faction in particular, you mostly only have your highest ranks in your faction active for the majority of the time, and I understand how it can be difficult to maintain control and overall maintenance on your whole faction.
    As well, I'd like to point out that the majority of your members could either be dealing with real life struggles, travel, just overall don't play mc on a daily basis or decide not to be active upon your faction.

2. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Obviously not a loser Donator

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    Sorry if I sounded annoyed but I really wasn't. I was just pointing that out.

3. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Server Vet | Coder | Vocalist | Unofficial Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Well, I don't think I can take credit for creating the idea of power farming with the plot-setup, but I definitely took advantage of it and abused it to high heaven back in Zambi. Over 900 chunks later, the faction choked itself to death and I abandoned it. I know the struggles of having tons of inactive members just as well as Ruler, and I can't place any blame on him (or any other similar factions) for it.

Zambi was the first to go to extreme lengths with the technique, so if anyone should take any blame for it @Doggogo, it should be me.

oi

I just posted a thread explaining Echo's Karma system, which might help your factions grow in survival2. If you find your factions struggling to get to 15 members that are active, the Karma system should help. If you want it to work well, it takes a lot of administrative busy work and setup, so fair warning.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  4. RulerofMobs

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    I still have that karma book you gave to me Twage. And I set up a karma system in my faction. If anyone would like to see my board on it at my faction, just tell me.

So I have what I think is a pretty good idea. We should make a schedule of when meeting should be. My suggestion is maybe three times a week. Someone could make a schedule and whoever can be on at that time will go to the meeting and stuff. It would work our pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
  5. tence3000

tence3000 Not A Vet But A Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I agree, whoever designs the in-game meetup timetable needs to take into account of people in different timezones.
    We need to see what timezones people are in and then make a table according to that.

RulerofMobs likes this.
  6. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    I was considering the idea of creating an elected position for leading meeting discussions, planning meeting times, recording attendance, tallying votes & recording outcomes, etc.; basically a Speaker of the House role.

Whether the person is an ambassador/faction leader who serves as the position and can still vote, or if they are a separate individual who has no vote I haven't really solidified. I'd like feedback on the idea.

We could also potentially have a substitute Speaker(s) should the main elected one be unable to attend a given meeting, as a temporary stand-in.

If the position is agreed upon as necessary, we can nominate and vote on who should fill the role at a later date.

tence3000 likes this.
  7. RulerofMobs

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    Just an FYI: I'm not planning on spending a lot of time and no irl money on the second peaceful server. It just seems to bring down everything we have done in the first peaceful because everyone will be talking about how they're "the greatest" and "oh, have you seen this amazing thing so and so did". I just still love peaceful one and nothing will ever replace it or take it away from me. It will honestly always be a piece of me. (This is, of corse if they don't reset and just add another, which I am pretty sure is what is going to happen.)

8. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    (Note: the following quote is from a thread by the name of "Peaceful Survival Suggestion:" in the suggestions section, found here: http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/peaceful-survival-suggestion.108425/ )
    Is that really what you think Ruler? ItsHarry would seem to have stated otherwise in a suggestion thread weeks ago - a thread that you have already seen and posted in. *Mic drop*

P.S. this post was rather difficult to construct on my phone - much copying and pasting was done.

Sir_Tealsworth and tence3000 like this.
  9. RulerofMobs

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    TO BE HONEST I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HARRY SAID THAT. I MUST'VE JUST SCROLLED RIGHT THROUGH IT.

tence3000 and TwageTomato like this.
  10. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Ok, is anyone going to comment on this??? I'd love some feedback on it...

11. tence3000

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    The reason I didn't reply was because the idea was great already and I didn't know how to add to it.
    I think, it shouldn't be an ambassador or leader to make sure the system is as fair as possible.
    Apart from that I like the idea of the speaker of the house.

Loocy and TwageTomato like this.
  12. RulerofMobs

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    I was too lazy to find where you actually posted it so I just did this. But I don't think that we need an elected position for anything. It makes people feel special (which I don't object to) but the problem is that eventually everyone gets hungry. I mean that people want money, diamonds, really anything. And I'm afraid they will get bribed. Why would they get bribed? Well, if they are "elected" they have more power to do stuff, like create meetings, do other stuff. I know this is a long stretch but that's kind of one of the reasons why I don't want elected positions. Also, people can't always be online. Regular people go on vacations, are maybe sick (I would play more then xD) and are just held up doing other things. I think for the meetings that we should just have a schedule and whoever shows up is just who is there and who will discuss problems. I think that's kind of it.

tence3000 likes this.
  13. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Ok, the Speaker of the house would do the following:

1. Schedule meeting at the request of 5 or more factions. (Any issue that requires less than 5 factions does not warrant a full session. Only potential for corruption is the intentional scheduling of a meeting during the absence of a faction)

2. Record the attendance of factions at meetings. (Not exactly a bribe-able duty; the faction was either at the meeting or they weren't, and plenty of people witnessed by attending the meeting in question.)

3. Tally votes for any decisions made by the factions present at a given session along with any votes submitted by factions ahead of time who knew they'd be absent. The Speaker will then record the outcome of the vote. (Voting will be done in the open. Everyone will be able to see what everyone else voted.)

4. Keeping discussions on-topic. (This is the only one that is remotely viable for bribery. The Speaker could potentially suppress certain ideas from being considered, but even that could be overridden by enough factions wishing to hear what someone has to say.)

5. The Speaker would need to keep 2 or 3 backup Speakers (also elected probably) informed of current topics should they need to serve in the elected Speaker's place. (Eh, if I how bribes could play into this one, but I think there's room for it to happen.)

With how publicly visible all the parts of this position are, I see little room for corruption and bribes to take place. Thank you for the concern though, Ruler. That kind of criticism is needed.

tence3000 likes this.
  14. EdwardGFleming

EdwardGFleming England expects that every man will do his duty! Donator

Minecraft:
    EdwardGFleming
    Hey I think this is a really sweet idea, could my Faction be part of the UF? We currently have 19 members on the current Survival. It's called Fusiliers.

Perhaps each faction could be represented by a banner? Eg. My Faction would have the English flag since my faction is based upon the Regiment of the Fusiliers, which is English.

Perhaps we could have our own Ts3 channel on the IJAH TS3 too?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Sir_Tealsworth likes this.
  15. Sir_Tealsworth

Sir_Tealsworth R E S O N A N T Builder

Minecraft:
    Sir_Tealsworth
    I have posted and linked a thread concerning the Road-From-Spawn Initiative. (Sorry it took so long, I tried posting from my phone but the draft was deleted)

Mr_Figgin likes this.
  16. Mr_Figgin

Mr_Figgin The dep Cow Donator

Minecraft:
    mrfrigginawesome
    It is a fairly good idea but the 15 members is something i probably won't achieve anytime soon(or ever)

in that meantime, would you be in need of your friendly neighbourhood wannabe arch nemisis You can always count on me. I can even help constructing farms

17. MwMxTrX

MwMxTrX

I would like to enter my faction, OreoKingdom, into the UnitedFactions. Currently, my faction has 2 members that are both active, and we have over 60 chunks of territory. I would like us to be involved in the creation of the UF building and we would attend UF meetings and be active within it.

18. tence3000

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Unfortunately I am going to have to drop out Federation as a UF Faction for now at least.
    Recently the two main leaders of our faction have been very busy(myself included).
    Later on I might rejoin negotiations but for now we don't have the resources or time to be a UF Faction member.
    Hopefully we will be able to join in the future.
    Thanks anyway and I'm still happy to help where needed if I am needed. :-)

Sir_Tealsworth likes this.
  19. DerBenji

DerBenji

I like your idea but there is only one problem. We (Razernation) are only 7 official members and 3 active mebers. However we are place 15 on FTop (07.12.2017).
    So my question is: Can we join you with only 7 members?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Link_der_Wolf and Sir_Tealsworth like this.
  20. Sir_Tealsworth

Sir_Tealsworth R E S O N A N T Builder

Minecraft:
    Sir_Tealsworth
    15 members is more or less a placeholder number. I've spoken with many faction leaders who are interested in joining the UF who don't meet the member requirement and I'm quite happy to see so many people have taken interest in the UF. Many of the big factions (including Echo) are still focussing on getting settled and haven't had time to work on anything UF related other than spreading the word. as soon as we establish a basic facility we can begin debating numbers and devising systems of representation.

At this point I just ask for your patience in the matter, we are just as eager to begin the UF as the community is to be a part of it. Thank you for your understanding.