United Factions Implementation

Discussion in 'Peaceful Survival' started by Sir_Tealsworth, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Sir_Tealsworth

Sir_Tealsworth Leader of Echo | Server Vet | J&H Build Team Builder

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    This is a followup thread to the original United Factions Thread. This post will serve to condense and organize the information from the last post so everyone has a clear understanding of what we will be doing when Survival2 launches. If I missed anything please let me know and I will add or edit it.

EDIT: Road-From-Spawn thread may be found here

• The United Factions is an organization of large factions all working together to promote peace and prosperity and the betterment of the server to the best of their individual abilities.
    • In order for a faction to become a part of the UF it must have at least 15 members.
    • Each faction will have 2 representatives, the faction Leader and the faction Ambassador. The Ambassador will be appointed by the faction and may speak on the faction's behalf if needed.
    • When voting on new policies or major issues each faction will have 2 votes, one from the Leader and one from the Ambassador. A faction may choose to only use one vote or to abstain entirely.
    • Factions part of a whole such as multi-faction nations will have votes per what the server classifies as factions, regardless of political orientation.
    • In order to prevent scheduling nightmares, UF assembly dates will be posted on forums ahead of time and votes may be cast on the forums for factions that cannot attend.
    • I can also create a group skype chat for emergencies.
    • Construction on the UF facility will likely not take place until at least a few weeks into Survival2 as factions will want to establish themselves before contributing to the build.
    • The UF HQ will be claimed by Sir_Tealsworth's alt and the flags will be modified so Allies can edit the terrain when helping with the build.
    • The UF HQ will be a community build that will be broken into 3 initial projects:
      • A road from spawn leading to the UF HQ
      • A monument to the server to be built in front of the UF
        • Headed by: [unassigned]
      • The UF HQ building itself
    • The UF HQ will be located at (0,0) the exact center of the world (Provided these coordinates are not within the protected zone.)
    • The building itself will house a main meeting hall and each participating factions' Embassy where inter-faction issues and agreements can be discussed.
    • Each Embassy will be able to be customized to represent its respective faction.
    • The UF HQ will have a Nether Hub from which allied factions can build Nether Highway systems to make transport easier.
    This list is not complete or final, please comment below if you would like to be a part of the UF in Survival2.
    • Echo
    • TheBrotherhood
    • TheInstitute
    • DragQueens
    • Valiancy
    • DiamondEmpire
    • Federation
    • Arwic
    • Fusiliers
    • OTF
    • Instinct
    • The "Road From Spawn Initiative" will have its own thread as soon as the release date of Survival2 is announced. Please stay tuned to learn about this initiative, where factions will claim roads away from spawn to help new players.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. tence3000

tence3000 Helper Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Just the sound of this kind of idea makes me want to play peaceful survival as much as used to.
    I will talk with other people I know about possibly setting up a faction.
    I will talk to you later if we manage to get 15 players together, about joining the UF but even if we don't manage to, this idea sounds great!

IQuitIJAH and Sir_Tealsworth like this.
  3. Hurricane2001

Hurricane2001 Leader of TheInstitute Donator

how about we assign the biggest faction leader to a job as a UF :D

RulerofMobs likes this.
  4. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Obviously not a loser Donator

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    I still think there should be parts of the UF that are built by a single faction, to represent themselves. Also, I will invest as much time as I can to help you guys with ANYTHING. Whether it be getting materials or just placing blocks for the road, I will really try to help.

Hurricane2001 likes this.
  5. Sir_Tealsworth

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    You may need to re-word that, I don't get your meaning

That's the idea behind the Embassies, there will be branches of office buildings that will be customized by the host factions on the inside but still conform to the design of the facility on the outside

6. Hurricane2001

Hurricane2001 Leader of TheInstitute Donator

I mean maybe I can be a leader of the UF because we are uniting a lot of the top factions

7. Sir_Tealsworth

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    The UF won't have leaders but any allied faction is free to organize a forum or meeting

Hurricane2001 likes this.
  8. TwageTomato

TwageTomato 4.5yr Vet | Coder | [Helper] | Experienced Builder Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Twage
    My understanding is that in the U.F. everything will be done as a "Congress" without having any individual "president" holding special powers, to use the U.S. govt as an example. There may be certain committees created to manage certain projects (like the nether highways being led by MisterTrist), and these committees would have a manager. However, any committee manager would still answer to the U.F. council of leaders and ambassadors. All the real power lies in the hands of the council.

9. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks Log.e("Moderator", "404 Title Not Found"); Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    Perhaps a General Assembly type thing that could house smaller factions? This wouldn't have quite the same power as the 'Security Council', but allows the smaller factions to participate and have a voice.

Edit:
    If DiamondEmpire has enough members, we would like to join.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  10. TwageTomato

TwageTomato 4.5yr Vet | Coder | [Helper] | Experienced Builder Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Good idea. I like this, but I have a few questions.

How small? 5 people minimum? 3? And what would this general assembly be able to do? Would it be there to sort of take the collective pulse of the server?

If we do include this idea, I'd probably think the 'Security Council' could be made a bit more selective - perhaps raised to a 20 member minimum for factions.

TheDiamondPicks likes this.
  11. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks Log.e("Moderator", "404 Title Not Found"); Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    I'm thinking around 5, although there wouldn't necessarily be a set limit. Yeah, the way you put it is about right. It's main function is to give the collective 'pulse' of the server, thereby allowing the 'Security Council' to make more informed decisions. It could also give topics for the 'Security Council' to talk about.

12. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    That's something I hadn't even considered as a benefit. After all, how can the security council help solve problems it doesn't know exist?

13. tence3000

tence3000 Helper Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Questions:
    On what notice can a faction from the UF call a meeting and where will it be held?

EDIT: Federation would also like to join if it has sufficient members.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    IQuitIJAH likes this.
  14. Sir_Tealsworth

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    [Added] skype chat option

RulerofMobs likes this.
  15. RulerofMobs

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    What do you mean? I'll add you on Skype, but I would prefer not to just say my username here. Message me and I'll add you if that's what you're thinking. We could do a big Skype chat too.

16. Sir_Tealsworth

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    The big skype chat is what I was thinking, we'll wait until the UF is a developed system to worry about all that though.

tence3000 likes this.
  17. Doggogo

Doggogo Donator

Minecraft:
    Doggogo
    The post truly organized everything we had planned for the UF from the start, but, in terms of member factions, not pointing fingers, but some selected factions sure have high quantity of members, yet most are inactive.
    Though teals, why is it that you picked head members or leaders if you want to say for the 3 main sections of the UF building? Like, I feel a head for building the headquarters would sure be necessary, but for the roads/highways I think it should be more of a group effort, after all, a main factor of the UF is democracy. Not saying this is required, I'm just mentioning a factor you talked about originally.

18. Contemptible

Contemptible | Ex M.o.d | REEEEEEEEEEEE Donator

Minecraft:
    Contemptible / Apedemak
    In terms of the UF skype chat option, would this only have the Ambassadors or the leaders too?

tence3000 likes this.
  19. Sir_Tealsworth

Minecraft:
    MrDeathSquilliam
    1. That is the cost of what we do. Minecraft is just a game, therefore if something more important happens to a player IRL, the game will take a seat on the back burner. Minecraft isn't a full-time hobby for most people like it is for us, so it's natural a faction will have many less-than-active members.
    2. The people assigned to the 3 sections are the individuals tasked with building those parts of the UF HQ when the time comes, not governing that branch of the building.

Both if they wish

IQuitIJAH likes this.
  20. RulerofMobs

Minecraft:
    WhyDoWeNeedNames
    The highest ranked people in our faction (TheInstitute) are extremely active, and doing a lot of stuff. You can't call us inactive when it's not our fault that people are never on. It makes it easier for us to do stuff, so we take advantage of it.