1. ShadowFlames

ShadowFlames Donator

He only said 'real' threat, which it is, not biggest. Either way it doesn't mean he should pull out.

ANumber2Pencil likes this.
  2. Witha

Witha Mandy 11.28.21 <3 Donator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Trump does not believe in it. I know if I didn't believe in something I wouldn't wanna be in an agreement that says I do. And in our lifespan there's 0 chance of Climate change killing us.

Also it had restrictions that I don't think we should have live under other countries rules.

PopeUrbanII likes this.
  3. Yzel

Yzel Jess - Yzel Donator

Minecraft:
    Yzel
    But future lifespans don't matter? isn't that a bit (eboy) selfish of you?

4. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Climate change isn't something you can really believe in, its a straight up fact that its real, there isn't any debate about it at this point. For Trump to not believe in climate change is a joke. And besides its not about what Trump thinks, its what America thinks. And 70% of american's recognize that climate change is real, so if he were truly "A Man of the People" he would have never gone out of it. Also there is not a 0% chance of climate change killing us, in fact the entire city of Miami, and other coastal cities on the ocean, will be completely underwater soon if nothing is done about this.

Climate change will kill so many people in the future, but you only care about the ones living now?

Braixen, Gooby and Jit like this.
  5. Witha

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Also its fact we are slowly getting dragged into the sun it is inevitable. Also we are not gonna stop all factories and cars also methane and humans produce c02 doesn't seem like something we can stop their are also science that says we could all just die on the spot. Due to things like the poles switching which could happen everyday. The only way we are gonna prolong our existence from climate change is maybe adding something like a blanket for our atmosphere because it is slowly deteriorating.
    there are also waves of heat that go in and out we are just on the height of heat for this 15 year cycle on our way down.

Also we already have our own way of protecting the enviroment.
    Also its fact we are slowly getting dragged into the sun it is inevitable. Also we are not gonna stop all factories and cars also methane and humans produce c02 doesn't seem like something we can stop their are also science that says we could all just die on the spot. Due to things like the poles switching which could happen everyday. The only way we are gonna prolong our existence from climate change is maybe adding something like a blanket for our atmosphere because it is slowly deteriorating.

noahnoobfax, Syrian and PopeUrbanII like this.
  6. ShadowFlames

ShadowFlames Donator

https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php - The first argument, intermediate level.

I used to have a chemistry teacher who was extremely religious and used to present exactly the same case when teaching us global warming :P

7. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I do support Trump with many things, but what you're stating here is completely wrong, and Trump's stance on global warming worries me. Even if you don't believe in global warming, you can't deny that we will run out of fossil fuels sooner or later. We absolutely need to adapt to alternative resources if we are to ensure the longevity of the US and the world as a whole. Even if you say climate change is a cycle, you can't deny the science of greenhouse gases, and that we're causing accelerated heating of the planet. Some Indian states are experiencing their worst droughts in recorded history, and the Himalayan glaciers are melting at an alarming rate, which is causing the Ganga and several other major rivers to overflow and flood.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Braixen, Jit and ItsJerry like this.
  8. Witha

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Thats the thing I pointed out we are switching to natural gas.

9. vipa

Natural gas isn't a renewable resource, most of it is usually methane, which is considered a fossil fuel. By renewable, I mean solar, wind, hydroelectric, etc.

Braixen, ItsJerry and Gooby like this.
  10. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    Climate change is debatable. Carbon emissions are through fossil fuels. Some form of carbon already had to be in our atmosphere for that fossil to form in the first place. Also, global warming was predicted off of computer models so I am not convinced it's actually true.

If global warming and carbon is such an issue, why not plant more trees and create more carbon sinks? Renewable energy is promising, yes, but to this degree it doesn't make any sense. An electric car uses electricity, but electricity is made via burning fossil fuels.

noahnoobfax, PopeUrbanII and Witha like this.
  11. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Why are experiencing the hottest years in history then in present day if its not caused by humans? 2016 was the hottest year ever recorded. Also 97% of scientist have said climate change is real, and I prefer to stick with the experts when it comes to things like this. Also electricity can be made from renewable energy such as, wind turbines and solar panels, it doesn't have to be made by fossil fuels, thats what we are trying to cut back on.

Also just saying, there are 800 million people currently living who are at a risk due to climate change.

Braixen, Gooby and ItsJerry like this.
  12. Witha

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Let's look at it as a wave length it goes up and goes down it fluxuates on it's own and to correct your 800 mil there is over 7.6 Billion people on earth.
    and Like I said before we have our own efforts to go green that document did nothing. India alone has done more for this planet then that agreement did. And idk where you are getting your statistics but they are flawed.

Syrian likes this.
  13. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Yes there are 7.6 billion people on earth but around 11% of them (800 Million as I already said) are vulnerable to climate change impacts such as droughts, floods, heat waves, extreme weather events and sea-level rise.

Im getting my stats from reliable sources, here is a chart showing the earths temperature over the past few decades. As you can see this is a chart from large scientific research programs such as NASA, if you want to call NASA and the other 97% of scientist who believe in climate change "flawed" you can but I really don't think they are.

Also as you can tell from the chart, the temperature does go up and down like you said, but over time it is at an increase, and doesn't seem to be dropping.
    1309_consensus-graphic-2015-768px.jpg

ItsJerry, Gooby, vipa and 1 other person like this.
  14. ShadowFlames

ShadowFlames Donator

Please look at the link I sent before - https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php (make sure you select intermediate level after choosing each argument).

It pretty much has every argument as to why global warming/climate change don't exist/aren't a threat and disproves them. In particular the first argument has what I believe is the exact graph you're basing your "wave length fluxates" theory on @Witha

ItsJerry, Braixen and vipa like this.
  15. vipa

That's a really neat source, thank you for linking it, I'll use it in future arguments.

Braixen likes this.
  16. Witha

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Everything I read there keeps going back to the same thing and not really disproving it especially the heatwave theory. Almost all of them point to Greenhouse gasses. I think its kinda stupid because the agreement is what we were talking about here not whether or not climate change exists.
    and this is all we are looking at in an incresae
    The Agreement was this:

Also we are talking about the UNITED STATES. In america the states have their own power to go green and stop these without federal approval so leaving that agreement literally means nothing but we don't have to do anything. So 68% of americans believe we need to do something that's enough for states to go green without Trump xD.

17. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf

So the fact that 7 out of 10 people want to do something ABOUT CC, that justifies our leader pulling out of an agreement to help combat CC.

Ok.

ANumber2Pencil, vipa and Gooby like this.
  18. Yzel

Yzel Jess - Yzel Donator

Minecraft:
    Yzel
    @Witha Global warming is a thing, but it happens whether we are here or not. Humans have just increased the rate that the earth is getting hotter with co2 emissions. Global warming and global cooling has happened for a while. That's why we experienced an ice age. The heat age before that had so much oxygen it created larger animals and scorpions the size of cars. :3

Syrian and vipa like this.
  19. Witha

Minecraft:
    Witha
    That's not the debate..... .

20. Yzel

Yzel Jess - Yzel Donator

Minecraft:
    Yzel
    Well I'm too lazy to read it.

Witha likes this.