Toxicity Awareness

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by poe, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    Go away, this is annoying and ur ruining the serious meaning of this post, Thanks.

2. TheFlamingDragon

TheFlamingDragon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    Come on guys, stop being rude here. @Poe was making a nice thread and of course, everyone is here to bash him. That's really immature. You all need to grow the fuck up. Being a jerk doesn't make you cooler than anyone else. It makes you look completely stupid.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    mochi, PhantomStar, tence3000 and 5 others like this.
  3. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    ok

EDIT: to avoid the cliche me making a thread get locked and apologize for a controversial topic AGAIN, here's something serious.

If an L affects you so much get off the internet.
    If toxicity affects you so much get off the internet.
    It's part of being here.
    Ignore them. Are you seriously going to let some 10 year old annoy you that much?

@Poe also gave some good advice on how to ignore. Don't give them what they want, they just want to laugh. I bet they're some stupid white fat kid eating hamburgers while playing and laughing like an idiot.

^If I end up apologizing for that statement I'm going to be very annoyed ._.^

To the toxic people: i hope karma hits you hard!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Rollz, TheFlamingDragon and nthi like this.
  4. Rollz

Rollz rollz Donator

yes

5. Meme

Meme Ex Mοd >:) Donator

Minecraft:
    Amphibology
    [​IMG]
    who cares if it is toxic to an extent, you aren't talking to angels here

dreamvlle, PopeUrbanII and Rollz like this.
  6. Mcc457

Mcc457 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minecraft:
    PentilexBros
    If an L ruins your day, you really are going to have to take an L
    The best way to combat toxicity is to toughen up and ignore it. Its literally some nobody you'll never see behind a screen far way

MemeDreamTeam and PopeUrbanII like this.
  7. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    The person who wrote this thread is probably salty that they had to take an L.

8. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    You're brushing it off so easily, other people feel differently on how they should solve problems. It shouldn't be this way, "just get off the internet". If it hurts me, i'll deal with it myself, as for other people, may handle it differently. The whole "toughen up" remark just makes me cringe. IJAH's YouTube captures the attention of kids that haven't even peaked the age of 12. Not only that, they advertise their server on their channel, therefor letting them join. You don't expect 9 year olds to toughen up.

Now, the last 2 sentences, I agree, like I already said.

But hey, that's just my opinion lol :rolleyes:

9. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    Do you expect 9 year olds to understand what you mean by "toxicity" and to be mature?

Interesting opinion :rolleyes:

Jit, jessie and Emma like this.
  10. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    They don't need to. A narrow description would be rude and unwanted.

:tongue:

11. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    What

Rollz likes this.
  12. Stolas

Minecraft:
    sugarish

13. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Not really how you stop it its not gonna stop but you basically gave a way of treating it essentially. Arcane mutes people who say L in chat not sure how j and h would respond to something like this being implemented but ya not suggesting this gets added either. The only way to really remove toxicity would be to construct a hypixel chat filter which I would hate and as would many others.

If you really wanna know how to remove toxicity you would remove any competition essentially getting rid of factions and kitpvp. These 2 games are the spark of it where people want to prove themselves to be the best. We all know that its not going to be removes as both have a sizable player base behind them.

safoya299 likes this.
  14. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    9 year olds aren't mature enough to understand the toxicity, But do you really think that 9 year old gamers don't know what all these words mean? you're wrong.

As you stated you wanted to call it "bad behavior" maybe say that to them instead of worrying about if they understand the word "toxicity".

:)

15. Costellon

Costellon professional Boy Donator

Minecraft:
    colorised
    i think if you want to try to combat toxicity with this
    you're doing it the wrong way.
    there will always be toxic people in everyones eyes. i know someone that i wont name that has a great leadership mind, he thinks im toxic and i think he's toxic but hey, we both have many people that look up to us. i've only come to realize that while writing this.

threads like this and people like you that are trying to combat toxicity and conquer the bad side of the internet are just sjws that thi- ok i dont wanna get yelled at.
    adjfh. if you think that "L" is going to fucking end the world then you better get your brain checked out. you might have cancer.

im genuinely curious on how old you are. because nobody with half a mind would think that "L" is a swear word.
    L is the twelfth letter of the english alphabet, not an insult. i get how its calling you a loser (i think), but you need to learn to ignore people lmaooo.

upload_2017-8-22_21-26-53.png
    yes i made this lol

cmon. flame me.

Rollz and nthi like this.
  16. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur

L = Loser isn't it.

Its Classified as a swearword.

Please some people aren't as secure as you.

17. Costellon

Costellon professional Boy Donator

Minecraft:
    colorised
    1 video? you're forming an entire opinion and a brand new oppression off of 1 video? that's silly. stupid.
    well some people need to learn to toughen up. the internet is a place for people to let off some steam. people dont come here to band together and eliminate anything bad.

also, in that video he says "toxicity is typing l in chat, or just being a big old loser." LOLWTF? he just called them a loser but he calls it toxicity if he gets an "L" thrown at him? which means the same god damn thing?

stop being a hypocrite.

18. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    Are you hating on a thread that helps people ignore toxicity.. Not everyone is the same age..

This server is all-ages.
    So kids play this and they don't need such curse words, as I said, Do you even want the toxicity gone?

Or are you just stopping every thread about ignoring toxicity..

I really don't understand how you can say this.

"Get your brain checked out, you might have cancer".

I'm not calling you toxic or anything but you could just stop swearing, of course you can give your opinion and I appreciate that. Not everyone wants to hear someone type "fucking and cancer" all the time.
    And thats maybe one of the reasons that this server got toxic. Because people couldn't stop swearing.

Now, stop arguing.

Also I'm 13 years old.

EDIT: He said "Big old meanie" not "Big old loser".

T
    Thats litterly what I'm trying to say in this whole thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
    MemeDreamTeam likes this.
  19. Yellow_Pants

Yellow_Pants Casual gamer Donator

Minecraft:
    Yellow_Pants
    I wasn't planning on replying to this thread, but... I don't think there's that much toxicity on this server.
    While combating toxicity is really good, it's also important to know that you'll usually see some toxic people around.
    If you see someone like that, just ignore him, maybe report him if he goes too far, because there's no point in getting mad or sad over something someone said exclusively to make you feel bad.

Everyone that joins the server, forums or Discord are supposed to read the rules, right? If they don't understand most of it, they can just ask an adult to explain it to them instead. My point is, since the rules explain what to do and not to do in these situations, there's a high chance they won't get mad over this kind of stuff if they read them.

ZeusV and safoya299 like this.
  20. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    Isn't that what I was talking about in my thread..

Thanks for marking it though

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Yellow_Pants likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.