Totally awesome and amazing suggestion :wow:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Smg, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Smg

Smg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | WALK WITH ELIAS Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I made a similar thread before but that didn't gain much traction, so here I am again.
    I am suggesting that FarmKing, the most popular IJAH mini-game, be given some updates. One in particular would be a legacy system such as the one in cookie clicker, which is also the game FarmKing is based off of.

Legacy is basically a way to reset your farm and gain a certain amount of leverage towards your next farm and beyond. In Cookie Clicker, you can use legacy to reset your farm and gain certain perks that will help you gain even more money even faster. For FarmKing, it could be called something that fits the whole theme of being a king of farming.

With games like Cookie Clicker and FarmKing, there's a certain aspect to it. When you first begin it's exhilerating and can be addictive, but now that FarmKing is approaching a soon to be 2 year anniversary, I feel that it's time to give the most popular IJAH game some love. As you progress through these types of games and seeing how hard it gets to level up, that feeling of being exhilerated soon goes away and for most, you lose interest. This system of legacy - or whatever you may want to call it - gives the player a way to reset their progress with certain buffs that will almost guarantee they will reach a much higher level than what they could accomplish before.

One little thing though, legacy usually resets all your progress but one thing that I feel should be untouched is your little patch of weeds and the stats regarding that. Players should have their weed upgrades be reset but not the amount of clicks they've had, but that's only what I think.

FarmKing is no doubt the most populated IJAH game and obviously due to how many people afk in it, players around the network aren't fond of it. But, in reality, this mini-game helps the server out a ton and I don't think that it should be left in the dark regarding updates anymore.

If you have any thoughts or opinions, they would be highly appreciated. Discussion is one of the only ways an idea can be put into motion.

2. LostAhmtAkss

LostAhmtAkss Life is good | Donator

Minecraft:
    Ahmeet
  3. Esmannen

Esmannen Mod+ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Esmannen
    Agreed.

4. Witha

Witha Former ⓜⓞⓓⓔⓡⓐⓣⓞⓡ Donator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    I like the idea a lot but what do you have in mind for the buffs.
    My take on this is like prestiging you get a certain amount of money and you buy the reset in turn you get to start with a farm 2x, 4x,8x,10x, etc.
    In my opinion
    Pros:
    May extend life of FarmKing (I was there when it opened still one of the youngest games)
    New system would cause people to be less afk
    Possibility of people buying the themes
    More Themes due to the new activeness

Cons:
    People work and like to afk for months im not even joking they get on @4pm est every night just to afk til the next reset
    wouldn't change much if people kept money so imo before this it would have to be a full reset
    People would leave aswell because a lot of time will have been for nothing

got any more pros and cons comment so.

LostAhmtAkss and Smg like this.
  5. Smg

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    My comment about buffs was basically a multiplier like you reached on above. If a player reaches a certain plant, then they'll be given the option for prestige. The calculations will have to be worked through, but the basic idea is that the farther you reach into the game, you are given a certain amount of item varying on how far you've made it. These items can then be used to purchase these specific buffs, for example, there's one in cookie clicker where you gain money when your tab is closed for a specific amount of time. Maybe there could be a new menu-item added that you can use to access possible prestige upgrades such as the one where you can profit during your offline time. I haven't played cookie clicker in a while so I can't remember specifics about their prestige system, but I do remember that it was very complex in what you could get with these special items obtained from prestige. FarmKing's prestige does not have to be complex, could be as simple as offline profit, boosts you can actually buy without irl money (keep in mind, obtaining these prestige items is not the easiest task to do), and certain multipliers for specific farm items. If you prestige and then decide to do so again, your purchased prestige items would not reset unlike the rest of your farm, excluding your weed stats. Those are there to stay, so you can work up through the ranks - prestige to earn a faster way of profiting, and redo the whole process again. It will bring life to what is now basically an afk only server.

6. LostAhmtAkss

LostAhmtAkss Life is good | Donator

Minecraft:
    Ahmeet
    LONG PARAGRAPHS I HATE PARAGRAPHS I AM DYING

7. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs How do I escape the labyrinth we call life? Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    You slippin' Smg

8. creeper1561

creeper1561

Now now now, its a afk server, not the most popular

9. Smg

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    Without FarmKing we would have 50+ players gone from the already declining server population. It constantly averages much more than any other server on IJAH even when it has been left without an update for close to two years now.
    It is the most popular game in my eyes but in a different way than, for example, factions is. Those servers have peaked at very great numbers but have never been able to sustain themselves for a lengthy period of time unlike FarmKing has. Despite the majority of FarmKing's player-base seeming to be foreign, there is still great participation in chat showing that it is not truly an afk all the time server.

Witha likes this.