Other Games Tips for being a better tf2 player

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by videogameguy128, Jul 26, 2014.

1. videogameguy128

videogameguy128 patriotic figure

Minecraft:
    VGG
    TIPS FROM DA PRO* *Pro = not really pro, more like medium well player that is pretty good at the game

ALRIGHT MAGGOTS
    YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2 BETTER? WELL I HAVE SOME TIPS FOR YOU.

when first starting up the game, in the options, somewhere there should be a "toggle developer console" I think it's at the very end of controls. note that key, it will be useful.

1st off. find a good HUD. (Optional)
    HUDs are good, some of them give nice advantages. if you want to have big health numbers so you can see clearly you have X amount of health, get a hud like that. I personally like Broesel HUD and have modified it a little bit to do some stuff that was included with it. (my ammo flashes red when i'm running low)

2. weapon fov and fov in general.
    For weapon fov, if you have the default FOV at 70 and you like it, then that's fine. you don't have to change it, but it does take up a LOT of your screen. if you don't like how small your weapons look, go into console using the key in the controls I stated before and type in this

viewmodel_fov *number* personally, I have it on 93, so that my weapons are smaller and don't take up a lot of my screen. and I like it like that.
    Now, on to Field of view. PLEASE, PLEASE. turn this up. in options, go to video options, then go to advanced options. there should be a field of view. turn it up to 90. you will see so much more happening on the screen. maybe not THAT much, but it's very noticeable.

3. Auto reload
    Auto reload speaks for itself. it automatically reloads your weapon while you're not firing the gun. I love this, but it's not completely necessary. if you're already so used to pressing "R" every time you want to reload, then you don't need to turn this on.

4. now we're moving onto some class-specific things. I won't make this thread too long because i have things to do.

SCOUT - Use your movement to your advantage. your double jump can save you from rockets and pipes, so use it. also, don't just charge straight at someone without strafing or double jumping at all. you will die. try to strafe and double jump in unpredictable patterns so enemies have no idea where you're going, then when you're close enough, start firing and get some nice meatshots, and if you can get other people from behind, go for it unless it's a heavy that has his minigun already spun up.

SOLDIER - I don't really have too much advice for soldier. I'm making a rocket jumping guide some other time, but here's some things that you need to know if you're playing soldier.
    Unless you're facing a heavy, always try to fire at an enemies feet, pop them up in the air so they can't really aim well, and then either go straight for them, or just shoot at their feet again to kill them.

Pyro - NEVER. EVER. WM1. IT MIGHT WORK SOMETIMES, BUT PEOPLE WILL JUST CALL YOU A NOOB AND YOU'LL DIE
    A real pyro uses this combo mostly: Degreaser, Flare gun, Axtinguisher. well, maybe replace that with something else because of the recent nerf. RIP axtinguisher ;-; Degreaser does less damage and less afterburn, but it can switch weapons insanely fast, meaning that you can light an enemy on fire, airblast them, easily take out your flare gun and kill them with 1 crit of the flare. but the loadout I use is the pyro shark loadout, so I usually go on maps with water and kill people with the neon annihilator :3

Demoman - I don't use demoman often, but I do have a few tips.
    sticky traps are good for defending, but not too much good for attacking, so i'd reccomend maybe demoknight or just normal demoman for attacking, because of sentries and stuff.
    Demoknight is a little hard to master. you need to get the timing for the critical swing down JUST right, or you'll get a mini crit and just die like a fool. one more thing: TIDE TURNER OP

Heavy: Mow everything down and if your medic is damaged, give your sandvich to him. also, chain boxing glove crit kills together with a medic and the buffalo steak sandvich for miracles.

Engineer - I don't know. I barely ever play engineer.

Medic - When you're healing someone being attacked heavily, find something to get behind and heal him, or if there is nothing to hide behind strafe and jump a lot. if a rocket sends you flying you must air strafe, and i'll cover air strafing in my rocket jumping tutorial.

Sniper - Click heads. it's simple. Just use Sniper rifle, jarate, and the bushwacka for maximum performance. use jarate to put out teammates and check for spies, and jarate enemies and go in and crit them.

spy - Know where the person you disguised as is at, and if you stabbed a friendly heavy holding out the sandvich, take his role and crouch and do that and then eventually get a backstab. what i'm trying to say is: play the roles of the class you backstabbed until the guy respawns. also remember this:
    Sap before stab.

and that's about all for now! i'll see you guys in my next tutorial: how to rocket jump.
    I hope this helped you!
    bai

Fluttershy's Assassin likes this.
  2. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

I WILL GIVE THE MEDIC A SANDVICH. THANK YOU I KNOW STUFF NOW.

Shadow_Folf likes this.
  3. Shadow_Folf

Shadow_Folf

Give me ze sandvich. (I play as the medic a lot.)

teitan likes this.
  4. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Since VGG only beat me by two, I get to say stuff too because he's very very wrong.
    (Not really but I noticed a few things)
    1. If you're taking VGG's spy suggestion, always go for Your Eternal Reward. That instantly disguises you as the class that you defeated, and it's the one situation where you want to do stab before sap.
    2. The Strange Cleaner's Carbine is a must for sniper. Use it.
    3. If you're using Degreaser for Pyro, I suggest airblasting, then using your handy Strange Reserve Shooter. As a hit scan weapon, it's far more accurate than a flare gun and can kill faster if you know what you're doing.
    4. When you're going Engineer, Teleporters save the team. Believe it or not a teleporter can be more useful than a sentry. Being able to instantly send teammates to the front lines is vital, and can make a difference between leaving and losing the game. When setting up a sentry nest, always go for a dispenser first to provide you with a nonstop ammo flow. I highly suggest the Short Circuit as a pistol, as it will destroy stickybombs instantly. The Frontier Justice is great if you aren't planning for your sentry to last long, since it gets revenge crits. As for wrenches...
    • Use the Jag if you're going to set up a nest.
    • Use the Southern Hospitality if you're going to be wary of spies.
    • Use the Gunslinger to set up mini-sentries, an OP gimmick that I'm not going to explain, but youtube shows off how good it is.
    AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    This is why VGG should use the Strange Cleaner's Carbine, because it lets you know stuff.

ItsCherry likes this.
  5. videogameguy128

videogameguy128 patriotic figure

Minecraft:
    VGG
    3 things there that pissed me off a little

I beat you in every other class battle and you beat me in my 2 best classes because I was tired

I don't have to explain the strange cleaner's carbine thing.

3. reserve shooter isn't as good as the flare gun. if you're against any flammable target you can kill them very easily with the flare gun. even if they don't die immediately from the flare they'll still die from the afterburn.

ACTUALLY, I AM GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE STRANGE CLEANER'S CARBINE
    DON'T BUY A STRANGE CLEANER'S CARBINE, DON'T USE THE CLEANER'S CARBINE SINCE IT GOT "BUFFED" BUT IT NOW SUCKS
    AND DON'T BELIEVE YOMC WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT "STRANGE" WEAPONS
    JESUS

6. Shadow_Folf

Shadow_Folf

The Your Eternal Reward is amazing. I have two of them and @The_Demonstar01 is getting one from me for something I want.