"This is a Minecraft forum." (Discussion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by KaiserVenom, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    No warning needed, just hear me out first.

I am sure you are all aware by now that I have been told, "Stop talking about this! This is a Minecraft forum! Nobody cares about your opinions!".
    This is a very easy question which I have been asked by literally over 50 people.
    The awnser?
    Well, actually it is more of a rhetorical question.
    Anyway, I am going to be giving multiple examples on how to awnser this question, all of which either nullify the point behind it, or by either agreeing with it. the foreshadowing eh?

The meaning of why I make these kinds of threads?
    Why do I post it on a Minecraft forum?

First, let's address the first question:
    1. I like doing them, no matter if the world is against me doing so.
    2. I also like being different from everyone else.
    3. I love stating my opinion, and so do you. I really do not care if anyone actually takes it to heart, or if people ridicule me for it, even some of my friends.
    I have toned it down a bit, but that is still the truth of it.
    4. I don't care whether or not people like it, but try my best not to offend everyone.
    5. Because I would rather be myself over being someone different.

Now for the second:
    1. While this is a Minecraft forum, the point of the game and the forum is to have fun.
    2. I would rather post it here then on any other website with trolls as far as the eye can see.
    3. People with common sense go on here.
    4. I don't care.
    5. How am I not allowed to post these kinds of threads...
    image.jpeg
    (This is not meant to offend either of them, but I am talking about the threads themselves and how I get all the backlash instead.) (Also I put "It's time to stop" in the photo because I thought it was funny)
    ...when other people can?
    Obviously there is nothing wrong with them existing, but there is a problem with mine?
    6. Why do these two sub forums exist?
    image.jpeg
    If this is a Minecraft forum, then why do we have this?
    I talk about real life this all the time, and I want to say that this is a community!
    Our community! Not anyone else's!
    We can talk about the topics we want, that is what makes us, well, us!
    Let me get out of the way now, that obviously I am not saying that these two sub-forums should not exist, but I am making a point on how I make these threads, and people hate it. But when it talks about something everyone likes, or agrees with, it's okay.
    7. I could go on, but I am pretty sure that everyone has got the point already.

While on the other hand, you would be correct by saying that this is a Minecraft forum, but reality is that when I post a thread of its kind, posting is up to me, not anyone else.
    The only time there is an actual problem with it existing is if I were to go out and attack people on purpose and harmful intent, which I will never do, because I care for you guys.
    But just because I care for you guys, and my friends, it does not mean I will agree with everything everyone has to say, and I have shown that I am not afraid of people's opinions.

"Venom, your a hypocrite, then why are you making this thread to begin with?"
    Maybe a little bit alright? But there is stil a reason why which I will explain now:
    Because everyone is saying this over and over multiple times whenever I try and do something, and I do not like the fact that it is starting to turn into the only kind of responce given to my kinds of threads.
    I instead look for people who can either take constructive criticism, or can debate in a kind way, not like barbarians who want to roast me like a kebob.

But, remember this:

@IDeadlyFighterI
    However, I must say that I do respect other people's opinions, (Like those) and also people who can still keep the same respect for people that they disagree with.

...and if you guys remember what @Xcel said:
    This is completely true, and there is not much I can really say..except for one thing.
    This is my time however, and I know nobody cares what I do with it, but it is the summer now, at least for me, so I am going to have a lot more time to goof off from doing real things.
    I also have never cared for the majority's opinion about myself, however I do infact care for the people.
    I still will try to state opinions regardless as a human being.
    But hey, I learned something, that's what counts.
    ~Venom.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Although this is just another forum on the internet, we have are entitled to post our opinions. This forum in particular has an entire section dedicated to subjects not related to Minecraft, and I'm sure that gives us permission to post these kinds of topics if we like, as long as it follows the rules. People need to understand that others have opinions, and not pounce on them like hounds, if seen this in the previous threads, try to keep things friendly. Admittedly, I have also made similar mistakes, but I learnt from them, and it is very unlikely I will repeat them. I think this thread addresses this issue nicely. Constructive criticism is always better than deconstructive, it makes a person feel better, even if they made mistakes.

People need to know, that no matter what, in the end, they need to:
    puppy-propaganda_c_6363657.jpg

3. Xcel

Xcel Donator

Minecraft:
    Xcel_
    I'm not saying your opinions don't matter, but I think some aren't taken seriously. Believe it or not; a lot of people don't actually read the page. Most of the "immature" members don't really care for these kinds of rants. I'm just like you, believe me. I love stating my opinion, but sometimes I have to remember; they are just my thoughts and most people don't really care for them. Don't let me stop you. It's your time and effort, so do what you want with it. On the bright side, it gives me something to read. ;)

KaiserVenom likes this.
  4. kawaiitoast

kawaiitoast inactive but not gone forever

Yes, this is a forums website correlated to a minecraft server, but it's not just a minecraft forum.

It's a community. Not everyone wants to make posts like "Omg I found 2 diamonds today!!!11!!" instead, us as a community like to talk about real world issues within this friendly community rather than on bigger platforms like Facebook where things might backfire.

My point is we can talk about whatever we want, because this isn't just about minecraft.

5. Denisvenom9

Denisvenom9 》Faction Veteran《,

Minecraft:
    nippls
    I honestly really have been disliking the forums a lot lately, everything that is on it is just plainly opinionated and focus's on issues that won't be fixed depending on how long of a text your write. Why talk about steriotism on a Minecraft forum? If you think this is a big problem, why post it on a minecraft forum with 60% children who have no idea what you are trying to say? Take it farther and maybe try to get your point across at school or on social media? I swear I look at your posts they are really just paragraphs about different perspectives on different disputable topics. You always post a different thread for each topic.. Why don't u make a thread, where people can read your rants , but the rants are all on a google doc document, and you post all the links. It gets really annoying seeing all your rants around, which get basiclly no attention and just blanky stay there. If you feel as this is important don't post it on a children's social media website. Your opinions matter, but I hope you realise everyone here dosent read them, and you wasting your "summer" inside writing long ass rants when you could be enjoying the weather outside. Sorry if I come off rude ):
    lmao wtf? You just said everyone who doesn't read his "bible" is immature? people have other shit to do for example. worry school then sit and read rants that are longer than most books I read.

sorry if I'm.l rude

NatePG and KaiserVenom like this.
  6. Xcel

Xcel Donator

Minecraft:
    Xcel_
    No need to be over dramatic. Usually immature people don't have the same attention span. They also don't really care for certain topics.

CaptainJackValdy and KaiserVenom like this.
  7. NekoNebulus

NekoNebulus Donator

Like most of them said, it is a Minecraft based forums. But it also has the community involved having different threads such as other games and even real life threads to make things more interesting. It's great to have different opinions as well in the community. That's what's keeping us alive and going to get new ideas for the future ahead.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  8. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

It's not a Minecraft forum. It's a J&H forum!

Sakujo, NatePG, Miner and 3 others like this.
  9. Jakt

Jakt Former Mod+ |questionable | Donator

I can't see why we're set only too "minecraft" and not as people themself, as people themself, that's the point I get honestly, we're humans all together and we made this for the fun of it, and the "Other games" sections, I can clear see the point of making it, let's be real, we don't play minecraft alone, we play other games as well, you've to say that as well and some people want to say their opinions about that game or need honestly help in their life as they've no way to go, making their place to post their problems us community to help their problems, after all we're big family, and we've always been though we've had fights/drama happeninig often and that's what a family does happen, that's my thoughs that hasn't been voiced before.

10. KaiserVenom

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    By the way guys, I agree with (almost) everyone so far, specially @OlleSwedish , so I have edited the original post to include a bit more insight on my opinion on the two sub forms.

Jakt likes this.
  11. _Frizzy

_Frizzy

Is this rant really needed? I don't see that much examples of "This is a Minecraft forum..." to be concerned and this rant really doesn't help the cause. (No rants do *ahem*) I, like everyone else agree this is more than a Minecraft forum and we can post stuff happening in the real world (Because there is really nothing to talk about.) but what annoys me is the length you went to in making a post of a problem in the minority. I understood if it is a bigger issue, but it really just isn't. And anyway if you are just "Stating your opinion" why can't others do the same, those people that post it have every right to say what they think is right, you can't rate people lower because of that.

12. KaiserVenom

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    You don't say? I can go make a book about this subject, and I do not have to care if my post annoys you, or anyone else. Other people do in fact state their opinion, and it is their choice to state it, it is not like my post stops anyone from doing it.
    How do you know that "I rate people lower"? If they think what they're saying is right, that's fine, but I had a right to respond also.
    If you are going to reply to me, please try to be civil.

Denisvenom9 likes this.
  13. jdjfjcnfnck

jdjfjcnfnck - Donator

Relatable

vipa and KaiserVenom like this.
  14. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    While it is true to an extent that people should be able to express their opinion and such, at the same time it is a Minecraft forum. To explain this quite simply, this is a forum, for a Minecraft server, and 90% of the things talked about on this website is Minecraft. Therfore it is a Minecraft forum. That said you are right that there are other sections about "Real Life Stuff" and "Other Games" where people should be able to talk about Minecraft things. Now I am defending the fact that this is a minecraft forum because I have used those words before. But not in the senerios you have mentioned. If people want to discus politics or other issues then go right ahead they should, but people like myself dont say "This is a Minecraft forum" to reiterate the intended content for this website but more to show to intended audience. When I say "This is a Minecraft forum" I mean it as a way of saying "Everyone who is on here plays Minecraft and is young, and we aren't adults on this website." Here are some times I may use it.
    ex 1. If someone is talking about their real life problems and depression and suicidal thoughts. No one here is a physiatrist or a therapist so this isn't a website to express your deepest feelings. 95% of the people who see their thread will probably not give a shit because they don't actually know them and can't do anything about it.
    ex 2. I have told someone "This is a Minecraft forum" one time when he posted a picture of himself shirtless and trying to flex. And it wasn't a joking picture either, he was actually trying to look good. But for who? This is a time where I said it to remind him that most people on here are 12 or younger and its just straight up weird to be 16 years old flexing for a 9 year old girl.
    Point is yes you should express your opinions and what not but also keep all of your material age appropriate and also make sure it is appropriate for a Minecraft audience.

_Frizzy and Smg like this.
  15. KaiserVenom

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    For the most part, I do agree actually, but as a I said before I really don't care of people don't get my content, but as long as I have fun doing it, and as I said before:

16. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Ok My first post wasn't even towards anything you have said in the past but saying I don't Care isn't a really Valid reason or saying I have fun doing it. If I go shoot up a school, the police wont let me go if I just say "I don't care" or "I was just having fun"

And you need to respect others opinions before anyone will respect yours.

17. KaiserVenom

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    You don't say?
    I do respect others opinions, but it does not mean I am not up to a civil debate.
    Sometimes I choose not to comment, but when you post something on someone's thread, you should expect a response from the orginal person who posted it.
    The sharing of ideas is what builds a society.

Also, the entire thing about "I don't care" or "I have fun doing it" was referring to making these threads.
    Comparing it to something like a school shooting is far from a good example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.