THE QUEST FOR //WAND

Discussion in 'Creative' started by MangoLango, Mar 10, 2018.

?

SHOULD WE HAVE //WAND IN CREATIVE?

1. YES OMG MY HAND HURTS

2. No, I like wasting my time

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MangoLango

MangoLango

Minecraft:
    kkyl0n
    Cmon guys we all want it so share this thread or post another with same title and LETS GET //WAND

2. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    Well, the very easy answer is "the server would fucking crash" and it's true, even if you tried to give only those with God rank //wand or only limit them to certain size edits or use Async worldedit to slow down the blocks, it would still lag and likely crash the server. That's the easy answer (because it's true).

Here's my personal answer to your little survey: yeah, I do like wasting my time.
    I have my own server that I've built on quite a lot- all of my accepted parkour maps and other map submissions along with literally dozens of other builds have been made on my server with the help of world edit. However, I've also spent countless hours building by hand both there and here on J&H. I've loved every second I've spent building on the creative servers- by hand- for a few reasons.
    1) It gives me a real sense of a accomplishment. Not that building with the help of world edit doesn't but being able to look at a build and say "I placed and broke every block in this build." is an amazing feeling.
    2) It's also fun to see what other people have built and imagine the endless hours they poured into their builds because you know every mountain, every hill, every little vine, every block of stone, was placed by hand. It's amazing what people can do with just time and dedication.
    3) It puts everybody on the same level. To really use world edit to it's fullest potential takes a lot of time and learning, and by not having world edit in creative it gets rid of that difference. Building on creative is only limited by your own personal time, effort, and creativity that you put into your work. You don't need to know the special commands, everything is in your inventory from day 1. That's pretty amazing if you ask me.

I do know why people want world edit in creative but I just think it's not viable. It's been restated over and over that it'll just cause too much lag and there's no way to give it to any amount of players, no matter the limitations, and have it work without hurting the server.
    It's a good idea, but there's just no way it'll ever work on J&H.

3. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.