Thanks for the Memories!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by TwageTomato, Jun 2, 2018.

1. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Former Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Earlier today I submitted my resignation from the staff team which I have served for ~9 months. It was an amazing experience to get to work alongside all of the other staff members who have supported me throughout my service, and I look forward to keeping in touch with them.

As for why I resigned, there are several reasons which I won't go into too much detail about.
    1. School. Summer classes are starting and I need to focus on them. College is turning into a much more difficult challenge than the past semesters had given.
    2. Loss of friends. Hardly anyone I know is still around 5 years after I first joined this server, and the few that are still around are almost all staff members. For the past couple of months, I'd only stayed on the team for the social group aspect, which shouldn't be the main reason at all.
    3. Let's be honest here, the writing is on the wall. The server is declining, and the insistence on staying in past versions of MC have caused the server to stagnate. Furthermore, newer minigames are lacking that extra effort and polish that minigames from 2014-2016 had. I just don't find the server all that fun anymore.
    4. After 2 months of inactivity, my skills as a moderator have dulled a little, and I no longer felt competent to carry out my duties. Senior staff have been very patient with me in the past, teaching and training me, and I didn't want to have to retread a bunch of lost ground.

I want to thank all of those who have been there for me and helped me through some very difficult times.
    @Smg my mentor and one of my closest friends, he was responsible for keeping me engaged and helping me learn the ropes. He's a very supportive friend and a great listener.

@Cheez always the person I would call on when Smg was unavailable, you had been a great help in teaching me how the Mod position works.

@Lone for helping me time and time again fix mistakes I made and helping me learn from them.

@Ezzerland for always being someone I could talk to when I had an issue irl that would keep me away from MC, and just for being an awesome guy in general

@Auxilium for being one of the first people to inspire me to help others on the server, eventually leading to my application for the team

@Sir_Tealsworth for being the closest friends I've ever had.

@Zombeh was the first true friend I made on this server, and played alongside me for years

@ItsHarry and @ItsJerry for creating this amazing server and running it for so many years, harboring what was one of the best Minecraft communities out there

@StarlightFox @Rem @Strikyn @Dest @Kaiiven @Negree @Ichigo @TheMint @JokerBen @Chosen @DWG @ItsMira @Lethalities @MisfittedCow @Phoenix @Witha for all being a great group of people to play with, talk with, and listen to.

You all are amazing people and I appreciate getting to enjoy the server with all of you.

I'll still lurk around on discord and pop onto the server from time to time to bug you guys, but this is pretty much it for me on J&H.

yay now I can go back to being afk on farmking

Zombeh, Auxilium, Fencing1 and 22 others like this.
  2. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    Thanks for your work, Bud!

TwageTomato and OfficerDeadly like this.
  3. 8da

8da a'ight Donator

Minecraft:
    8da
    I have seen you around the server several times, and from what I have seen you have done an amazing job as a staff member, thank you for your time and good luck with your summer classes <3

TwageTomato likes this.