Terrible Teachers

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by PhantomStar, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Primary School - Was a small school so not as many teachers, but 2 struck out to me the most.
    1st - When I broke my arm, he full on blatantly ignored me until 3 people had gone up to talk to him about it. I was sitting there in tears because it hurt that much. He finally sent someone to take me the office, not even coming over to make sure I was ok.

2nd - Our whole class used to talk a lot, but I was apparently picked on more than others. Which is stupid because instead of asking me to shush, this teacher would send me to the office in the middle of the two classrooms. In Winter. And left the AirCon on. I was freezing.

///
    High School - 5x larger than Primary School, good teachers though.
    Year 7 - We had this substitute that was really terrible. She was from Egypt I think? Her accent was very thick and so was her brain zzz
    So she wasn't that great at teaching. So one day when she was late for class, we all got tables and chairs, locked the door, and barricaded it with said tables and chairs. hehe we got kept in after school for 5 minutes but who cares?

Year 8 - God awful maths teacher. He still comes in after retiring and does some substitute work, but he was just godawful.
    Year 8 was supposed to be the introduction to graphs. I was one of the only students who understand somewhat what we were doing and I've already had to catch up in the later years just to understand graphs which is annoying when Chemistry, Physics, and Further Maths all require heavy usage of graphs. He taught us gradients by going outside, setting up a "graph" and making us move along points where he instructed. Most students didn't know what to do and I ended up having to instruct a few people myself. It was just godawful.

English teacher was an airhead too. We played "Knowledge Quest 8" for the majority of the year, which was the most boring game ever.
    We did reading in class, and I asked her "I've finished my book, can I go to the library so I can get a new book?"
    "We're reading now"
    "Yes I know but I've finished my book so I cannot read. Can I get a new one?"
    "We're reading now"
    like I had to read my school diary because she was such an airhead.

Year 10 - The English teacher made me want to neck myself.
    Obvious Feminist.
    That should be enough but let me explain.
    She'd bring up all these topics for English discussion, however, I sat in a corner with people that either didn't care, weren't smart enough to form their own opinion, or were not Feminists. I am not a Feminist.
    She completely ignored our corner and our corner actually got lower marks. She would tell us to shush when we wanted to discuss our opinions with her for our work. Her and her monotone voice wasn't fun either. She would talk so slowly and in such a monotone voice.
    It almost ruined Animal Farm for me.
    Rosy Batty is such a hero and deserved Australian of the Year lets ignore all the scientists that worked so hard to make progress no lets give it to the mother that let the father kill their child like !!! She's my hero

Our Chemistry teacher was really racist and made fun of everyone but we made fun of him too he was like the best teacher ever. He left because he hated the principal (married to the Feminist English teacher mentioned above) but the principal resigned that year too so like aa

Year 11 - Feminist English teacher (not the same one).
    She was really nice and actually a decent teacher. Made jokes like "See you next Tuesday" (because we had classes on Tuesdays).
    But her opinions often taught over content which was saddening.
    Plus the Refugees oral piece we had to do was shit because no one really cared??? Like that sounds really bad but none of us have ever had a close connection with Refugees so we never really had a motive to express our opinions. It's more a passing comment type thing but noo we had to make a 5 minute presentation.

Physics teacher.
    Oh my god no. Who on Earth decided it would be a good idea to make the Maths teacher (who wasn't really good in the first place) teach VCE Physics?
    She was just so unsure of herself. Never answered our questions properly, didn't know what she was doing in the practs, didn't prepare us for any tests. Halfway through a practical SAC she swapped equipment on us. So we went from using an old Electrical board to a new one. Like ???

Year 12 (current) - Feminist English teacher (not the same one, huh I am noticing a trend)
    She's actually good at teaching. Except she is a staunch feminist, her words, not mine.
    She's the "males are the less superior race" "down with the patriarchy" "why not have a matriarchy" type.
    I've managed to disguise my opinions so she semi agrees. Hehe.

Maths teacher.
    He is new. Doesn't know how to teach properly. He thinks I don't do work because I talk to my friend a lot, but it's boring doing Matrices for 2 chapters so like no.
    He vrooms around the classroom like a racecar. He's also ginger and left handed. Which is funny because my friend is left handed and ginger too. Hehe.

"Student Physics teacher".
    He's learning to teach us so he's more a substitute under guidance.
    He isn't that bad at teaching. I moreso don't like the fact that 1) He makes simplified notes and that's it and 2) He reminds me of people from Tarneit and I don't like people from Tarneit because there's too many of them from Tarneit. All newly graduated young people yeck. *I do not live "near" Tarneit.

VET IT teacher.
    VET IT = Vocational Education and Training, IT being the Info tech. course for that.
    So basically we learn how to be a Helpdesk and how to diagnose some problems.

The teacher is either really biased or doesn't pay attention, but he goes off at the only other female in the class for being on her phone, but I go on my phone, laptop, listen to music, and he doesn't care.
    I am one of his more favoured students because I actually did well when he taught programming so maybe that's it ???

I've had a lot of "terrible teachers". They weren't even that bad half of them, but eh.

Meme likes this.
  2. Strikyn

Strikyn Donator

Minecraft:
    Strikyn
    During the entire time I've attended primary and secondary school there's only been pretty much one teacher who has crossed the border and so this is the only one I'll talk about.

Back in 2015 (Year 9, the starting year of secondary school here in New Zealand, for all you foreigners), I had a very terrifying social studies teacher. She was also pretty much one of the schools "leaders" I could say. She looked to be around 60-70 years old but she didn't have gray hair (She was explaining otherwise; "I'm a very ancient teacher, I've been teaching at this school for over 100 years", which raised more eyebrows), she was also pretty cocky and saying her hearing was better than a polar bear, and that she had better eyes than anything in the world, even tho she wore glasses. She would never get in trouble because "being rude to elderly people is just wrong", oh and did I mention she was one of the school "leaders", as well?

This teacher was always pretty moody, like she had some sort of anger issues, in fact, nobody in my class even did their homework because we couldn't be bothered taking her seriously. Every now and then, she would say a pretty silly phrase that would make us all laugh, she would be better at being a stand up comedian rather than a teacher. She had no bias towards anyone whatsoever, and would go yapping on for hours about a certain subject.

It was all good if you were on her good side, but if you got on her bad side, she would pretty much threaten you. She never actually disciplined anyone, she only did it to make herself look ruthless, and to preserve her reputation.

This wasn't the worst part though, the worst part is we had to suffer year 9 and 10 with her. I don't want to be rude or anything, but she was two-faced, only in class did she act like she had no sympathy, but in the outside world she was constantly trying to gain respect by "keeping the world clean", she says.

3. ShadowFlames

ShadowFlames Donator

[​IMG]

safoya299, Meme and Strikyn like this.
  4. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

To be perfectly honest, I have never had a bad teacher in any part my school life, but there was one however when I got into college.

So to transfer to a bigger university, There are some classes that you have to take in order to get your degree, One of them was a required English course. At first I wanted to get this professor that I've heard so many great things about, but instead, I was switched with this other guy. He was a decent person by himself, but he sucked as a teacher.

In his class, it was a confusing and all around bad experience, especially since you are actually paying for your education. He had us study some very controversial topics and people in his class. Like what are some things an English class usually studies? Some of the greatest novels and authors of all Time? Nah he had us study the works of Woody Allen.

If you don't know who that is, woody Allen is a comedian and a play writer, but he was known to be a very Raunchy and Slimy person. My professor practically worshiped that guy cause he had quotes from him and other stuff all over his papers.

And lastly. He had a serious potty mouth. I get since its college some adult language does happen, But no he dropped F bombs and even made a ton of sexual jokes. And here I thought College instructors were supposed to be professional.

So yeah, that was probably my worst experience I had with a teacher, Bad experience, barely learned anything, Confusing assignments and a very biased grading system. Thankfully I didn't have anymore bad experiences with this college and hopefully that stays that way. :P

5. Jqmie

Jqmie

Minecraft:
    Jqmie
    Had a maths teacher that would always change our lesson into learning stuff that we do next year, she didn't always specify when she was doing this so the whole class would panic about what we're to practice for exams. She also said I was going to fail maths but I got a B :)

6. gippy

gippy DO IT Donator

my friend, a girl, and I used to get the best grades in my math class when we were little

my friend and i never got a sticker by the teacher, and my friend was really behaved. the sticker would mean we'd get to skip homework

the girl would get it, and keep note that this girl lived in 2017. she was a modern day THOT.

yet again my math teacher was a pedophile
    probably is

7. Meme

Meme Ex Mοd >:) Donator

Minecraft:
    Amphibology
    what if it is us students that are terrible
    a90.png

retirednow likes this.
  8. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    I got a few. I'm not saying names though.

SK (Senior Kindergarten): We had this teacher who was mad preggers and kinda bitchy.
    2G (second grade): We had this semi-mad teacher who made us stay in through the entire lunch recess (so 40 minutes) with our heads down. I'm not kidding you when I say I got a neck cramp.

9. Cookie4livez

Cookie4livez

Minecraft:
    Cookie4livez
    I swear my grade 7 and 8 French teacher was bipolar and insane, she was funny though she would put something on the board for us to write and kick her feet on her desk and go on her phone. She would constantly flirt with students. And she was a mess, when Chrismas rolled around she started crying and ranted of how much she hates her sister because she gives her sister stuff but her sister doesn't. She ended up leaving and we had a sub for the rest of the day...

Another was a sub, think of white girl steriotypes, and multiply that by 4. She walked in, orange of spray tan, holding Starbucks, infinity scarves, uggs, ponytails, crop top and leggings, I'm not even kidding. I kept a tally and in a total of the times she said "okay"/"k" and in 100 minutes total, 430 average "okay"s were said...

10. Jit

Jit

Minecraft:
    Jit_
    Maybe not a bad teacher, but I've had a substitute that I've continued to mess with for like 5 years now
    Every day she's subbing I ask how she feels about rugby, and she says it's a gentleman's game played by hooligans.

For my least favorite teacher, my 6th grade gym teacher was fired because he wouldn't stop tickling and touching the girls

katlynn likes this.
  11. wilburt_

wilburt_ [Herobrine] | Youtuber Donator

Minecraft:
    Will_Cooper
    UGH ok so here is my two worst teachers! In Primary/Elementary School, year... 1, my teacher was sexist! She would always say how good the girls were and I just look at my friend and shrug... or was it favoritism

The second one was different and it was WILD! So for at least 2-3 weeks we had an art teacher who SWORE to the kids (in private) she whispered to my friend "your work is s***" and yup, she got fired :grin:

12. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Currently have an Economics teacher who can get somewhat unreasonable, lol.

A month or so ago, I didn't have my iPad with me because I left it at home due to it not functioning properly and we needed one for a seatwork. She then proceeded to give me a detention slip, which I shouldn't have been given due to the school rules stating that a student is allowed to not have an iPad depending on the excuse, which happened to be valid. I tried to confront her for weeks and she purposely kept avoiding me when we agreed that I'd go to her workroom during lunch time (rip 3 lunch periods lol). Eventually, I did manage to talk to her but she required me to make a letter explaining why I left my iPad at home, when I clearly explained it to her during our confrontation and wanted me to have it signed by my school's Office of Disciplinary Services (ODS) and the Office for Technological Related Problems, lelmao. Take note that this entire letter is also not required as appeal cases should be resolved during the confrontation itself.

13. wilburt_

wilburt_ [Herobrine] | Youtuber Donator

Minecraft:
    Will_Cooper
    I'm
    I'm dead :tongue:

14. ShadowFlames

ShadowFlames Donator

First world problems

15. Netherr

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    I don't get how that's a first-world problem?

16. ShadowFlames

ShadowFlames Donator

When you get given a detention for not bringing an iPad to school

17. Netherr

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Well, it is for my school. Once you reach 9th grade, you're required to have an iPad which can keep run the apps that they require. Ironically, my country is a third-world one.