Terre de Beauté

Discussion in 'Creative' started by Davey, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Davey

Davey Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Dadvey | Dohe
    Terre de Beauté translates from french to english to Land of Beauty, which is what we think we created. I (SivadTheSquid), angstyace, OMGItzVCatt, and __Minecraftian__ have created a plot in creative 1 that we think is absolutely beautiful, the definition of paradise. The plot id is 313:176, and we encourage you to visit it and take a tour, and rate it. NOTE: THE PLOT IS NOT FINISHED! WE ARE STILL GOING TO BE CONSTANTLY ADDING STUFF!
    You can click here for images of the plot
    Please feel free to come by and look around!

dinoceros and Heatdude Da Waffle like this.
  2. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    I went and checked it out, I like what you have so far! Seeing as it's unfinished I didn't give it a /rate yet because, in it's current state, I wouldn't give it 5 stars and I want to wait until it's done to give it a fair rating. Anyway, I do have a few comments and suggestions so I'll just put them as bullet points.

• I like that you have texturing with cobblestone and ores in the entrance tunnel to your plot, that already makes it look nice. However, there's so many ores that it looks almost jumbled. Diamond, emerald, lapis, redstone, gold, iron, and coal all together make it look like the tunnel isn't at all natural--never in real life or in MC does a single tunnel spawn like that. Obviously a tunnel doesn't spawn with the cobblestone either but that looks nice and adds to what you expect; the ores do not. Personally I'd say just keep the coal and iron and maybe a touch of gold or emerald but not both (I say those two because I think their colors look nice, it's just personal opinion). Whatever you choose I'd say only use coal and iron + 1 other color. Oh and also you used andesite at the entrance of the cave but never again inside the cave. I think it'd look really nice if you added some on the inside too for a bit more texture. You already had the idea, just keep it consistent c:
    • The little pond that you get to after the tunnel looks nice except for that you suddenly have to go from running to flying because unless you want to do weird jumps around the edge of the pond there's no place to go. I'd say add some lily pads to the pond to make a few jumps that act as a path from the exit of the cave to the shore.
    • The first house to the left of the cave looks really weird. There's 3 different types of woods in one house and it looks jumbled--the walls are dark oak, the roof is jungle, and the door is jungle. It's all really weird. Personally I'd say change the door to start and from there maybe make the roof cobble or something other than a different wood. Cobble would look nice because you already have cobble on the inside and with the vines on the outside walls it looks a bit overgrown or run down so cobble would look great.
    • Vines, vines everywhere. On the little peak in the opposite corner of the giant peak there's a ton of vines. Vines aren't inherently bad but too much can be overwhelming. I'd suggest using leaves to look like ivy or vines covering the rock instead of vines, at least a bit. Too many vines looks really unnatural and leaves help balance that out. If you don't want to use leaves I'd say just tone down the vines a bit.
    • The grass is a bit flat. Although the mountain and spike opposite of it look nice I'd still like to see a bit more terraforming. Maybe a slight incline or decline in the other corners? I don't know. It's your plot, it's up to you, but I'd highly suggest adding something else because right now although the flowers and tall grass look nice I feel like it still needs a little something more, you know? c:
    • The tiny house on the side of the cliff is, well, tiny. It feels really cramped when you go inside and I think that's not just because of how small it is (although that's likely the main reason but I'm assuming the tiny house is a specific design choice so I won't tell you to change it) but because of the fact that there's things like the crafting table and chest that restrict your movement inside the house even more than the slab anvil and furnace below them although those three do look very nice as the gray colors go together well. The little flower in the pot on top of the slab adds a nice touch of color and that's quite nice, but the cramped feeling I get being in that room overshadow that nice bit of color. It's like being stuck in an elevator in an awkward situation; you won't notice what design the carpet has, you'll just be sweating and wanting to leave. The upstairs, although still small, does feel better than the first floor. I really like the entrance into the mountain from the house although I'd be worried that people who visit and only look around without going into any houses wouldn't ever get to see what's going to be inside the mountain once it's done. Maybe add another entrance to the mountain on the outside somewhere?

That's pretty much all I have to say for now. I hope that didn't come off too harsh or anything, overall I do really like the build. Right now I would have given it a 4 star but I want to wait till it's done and I'm sure it'll hit that 5 star range. I hope my suggestions were helpful and I'd be glad to give more detail if they don't make sense.

Best of luck! (:

CarmineSnow likes this.
  3. Davey

Davey Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Dadvey | Dohe
    We have taken into account your suggestions and corrected them! We'd like you to revisit the plot whenever you feel like it to see the changes!
    Thank you for your suggestions :D

dinoceros and Heatdude Da Waffle like this.