[Survival] Spawn.

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Miner, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

IGN: TheMiner30.

Minigame: Peaceful Survival.

Description of the map: I have designed the Survival map so that it is a throwback to all of the original Survival maps that I can remember, including some original ideas of my own. The alternative exit, shop and layout of the spawn is all my idea. Throughout the video seen below, the veterans and old-time players will notice some of the hinted throwbacks in the spawn.

Video:

Credits to: Myself. To be frank, this is my first spawn build, and I'm proud of it, yet I don't think it looks all that well compared to what others have made. However, I have dedicated a total of 5+ days to this mini-project, video and construction wise, and I hope you consider this spawn to replace our smaller, out-of-date current Survival spawn. Thank you.

• Added Community Chests, ender chests and crafting tables to the exit of the spawn.
    • Added a fishing pool with an infinite dispenser fishing rod next to it. It works, I've tested it.
    • Added two infinite stone sword/fishing rod dispensers at the PvP Arena.
    • Added detail to alternative exit.
    • Added more informative guiding signs.
    • Added another FAQ.
    • Added an infinite cookie dispenser in the donator lounge.
    • Added a parkour that loops around the shop.
    • Added a red colored beacon on top of the PvP Arena.
    • Added a credit sign.
    • Hopefully made things a tad more organized.
    • Grounded the ladder helpers in the corners by placing fences instead of another block.
    • Made the ladder helpers look more organized and neat.
    • Revamped the PvP Arena, making it larger and more detailed.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  2. goreesha

goreesha kbye

Minecraft:
    goreesha
    This spawn is small, but I like it's little details and helpful signs. Good job : )

Miner likes this.
  3. ZakMuir

ZakMuir Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    ZakMuir
    Good job, I quite like it. Hope it gets accepted and the #tbt

Add the cookie dispensers and fishing rods and the parkour <3

Miner likes this.
  4. Miner

I completely forgot about those. I'll work on finding a place to add them this weekend.

5. blok

blok Donator

Maybe they would put their custom signs and such in place of yours. I like it though.

Miner likes this.
  6. Sir_Tealsworth

Sir_Tealsworth Former Leader of Echo, Server Vet, and Build Team Donator

Minecraft:
    Sir_Tealsworth
    I think you did a pretty good job of making this spawn. Perhaps though you could try grounding some of the structures and making things a bit more organized

(Although I haven't been on J&H as long as you so I can't make judgements on the callback aspect of this build)

Miner likes this.
  7. Miner

Implemented both of these and also revamped some of the spawn! Thanks for the support in this. :)

ZakMuir and Sir_Tealsworth like this.
  8. Oggy

Oggy powtatow power Donator

Minecraft:
    YesOggy
    I luv it but why did you add pvp?

9. Miner

The spawn had throwbacks to the other spawns, as said above. The PvP Arena was a throwback to the original spawn, which too had a PvP arena with infinite dispensers that had stone swords.

Oggy likes this.
  10. Oggy

Oggy powtatow power Donator

Minecraft:
    YesOggy
    Oh ok.

11. Bearington

Bearington Change your thoughts and you change your world Donator

Minecraft:
    [GOD] Wolfington_
    I like it, but my concern is will the owners like it?

Miner likes this.
  12. Miner

The only way we know is if the Survival spawn is potentially changed to this one...probably. Either way, I still had some fun making this, so it doesn't matter too much to me :P

Bearington likes this.
  13. KreoN

KreoN Manager of Something| 9 Year Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    _KreoN_
    The map has to much of the same blocks. You need to "spice it up" a bit more.

Miner likes this.
  14. Miner

Thanks for the criticism, I appreciate it. However, I'm not sure what you mean by "spice it up" a bit more. Most of the spawns on more popular servers I see, and some spawns on this one (I mean, look at the current Survival Spawn. The block that's seen most is cobblestone, and the other blocks are either fences or carpets. Especially Herobrine's Chamber, the entire spawn IS A NETHER BRICK.) I mean, there isn't too much I could detail on.

15. Mountier

Mountier Donator

Minecraft:
    Mountier
    It's okay to use the same blocks, but for instance, non-tileable blocks (such as chiseled stonebrick) don't look good in a solid wall. Along those lines, walls, ceilings, or floors made of one solid block usually don't look good either. He doesn't mean use more blocks, he means use more patterns.

16. KreoN

KreoN Manager of Something| 9 Year Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    _KreoN_
    It's not wrong to use the same blocks, I am just saying that the choice of blocks you chose are not the best looking to be alone. Chiseled blocks are added to the game to be accent blocks, or, detail blocks. When they are alone, it doesn't add the same effect as say stone bricks alone.

17. TechnoSirus

TechnoSirus Veteran Of ItsJerryAndHarry

Minecraft:
    Xieb
    MAKE THIS BE ADDED I WANT THE THROWBACK OF THE SURVIVAL TO HAPPEN BEST SPAWN 10/10

Wait I just realised there should be a /pvptoggle in peaceful survival at least for a pvp arena if not the pvp arena would get cut out of the spawn I don't want that to happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2016
    Miner likes this.
  18. Miner

*UPDATE*
    The save file is on my old Mac, which is practically impossible to run without crashing at some point during the build and having to do almost everything all over again. I cannot move it onto my new Windows. Because of this, I have decided I will be working on a better spawn with the same idea as this one on my new computer. For now, I'll lock this thread and create a new one as soon as I am finished with the new spawn. Thanks.

Smg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.