Super Bowl 51

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Teddie, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Teddie

Teddie Donator

Congrats to the New England Patriots for winning the Super Bowl!

This Super Bowl marks the first ever Overtime in a Super Bowl. Another thing is that they won in a comeback game from a 28-0 deficit! Let's not forget to praise the Falcons for having an amazing game until the 4th quarter. I hope they learn from their mistakes and eventually win another Super Bowl!

ggwp!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    newkt, Bilbo, Jit and 2 others like this.
  2. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Congrats to them; I'm not a big football fan but I know how the Patriots have been so dominant, so I was rooting for the Falcons here. Nevertheless, it was a good game from my point of view and once again, congrats to Brady and the Patriots.

Teddie likes this.
  3. lpsprincess

lpsprincess SHINee <3

wait...the superbowl was on??

kedio and momand like this.
  4. Jit

Jit

Minecraft:
    Jit_
    IMG_0421.PNG
    Just pointing out I went 11/11 on my playoff picks ^^

But I'm a pats fan and I just have gotten used to having to come back in the super bowl. The same thing happened 2 years ago, the only time I even doubted our win was when we needed 2 point conversions.

Sakujo, newkt, YFIOTR and 1 other person like this.
  5. kedio

kedio Donator

I didn't watch the Superbowl this year.

I congratulate the Patriots even though I went for the Falcons, but of course, not everyone can win!

Congrats, Patriots!

6. motocicletar1

motocicletar1 Helper+ | Biker Donator

Minecraft:
    motocicletar1
    I knew the Patriots were going to win the game, Everyone did. The reason I rooted for the Falcons is I believe they deserved a Super Bowl win. They had a good season and made it to the Super Bowl which they have never won. The last time they made it to the Super Bowl was in 1999 and lost to Denver. In my opinion the win should have been theirs. Congrats to New England nonetheless.

teitan likes this.
  7. Ramen_

Ramen_ Ramen Donator

Minecraft:
    NeedMoreRamen
    [​IMG]

Also, is Texas like the choker state or something? First the Rangers, then the Astros, now the Falcons should just move to Austin or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
    Sakujo, YFIOTR, Miner and 2 others like this.
  8. Teddie

Teddie Donator

Honestly, I'm a sports fan and I find the "blowing a lead" meme very disrespectful. I know it's meant for satire but come on. It's disrespectful to an organization because they tried their best to get the lead and in the end they fall short because they couldn't convert in the end. I know that the GSW (Golden State Warriors) blowing a 3 - 1 lead is an overused meme right now and I really hope that this game doesn't turn into a meme. The Falcons tried their best to win but in the end they couldn't finish the game strong. I truly think that they deserve much more praise than disrespect for making it this far and pushing it to an Overtime game.

teitan likes this.
  9. Ramen_

Ramen_ Ramen Donator

Minecraft:
    NeedMoreRamen
    The meme is disrespectful, though the term has been around for ages. The Falcons were a really good team this year, especially after last season. Its a shame that the Patriots won another Super Bowl (cause they need more rings), but it's deserved when you come back from a 28-3 deficit. Also, Patriots pushed it into OT.

10. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I would say the meme is less disrespectful than it is annoying. I hang out on sports subreddits a lot, so it's way overused.

Ramen_ likes this.
  11. Ramen_

Ramen_ Ramen Donator

Minecraft:
    NeedMoreRamen
    Wasn't meant to be taken seriously, just a humor thing.

12. LadyGaga

LadyGaga The cake isn't a lie Donator

Minecraft:
    Svexellent
    [​IMG]

Ramen_ likes this.