[Suggestion] Solution to Leaderboards Argument?

Discussion in 'One In The Chamber' started by SLVSHPANDA, May 26, 2014.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes!

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I'm not sure!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    So recently, there has been quite a few debates on the leaderboards and how hard they worked for their levels, etc. I posted this on iPr0xyy's thread and I want this to be one of my official suggestions.

I want immortalised leaderboards and current leaderboards. What does this mean? Well let me explain what you need to know before I get into the juicy leaderboards stuff.

First, you will need Seasons. These Seasons will be 3 months long and at the end, a new season will start. When the update gets pushed out, I want that to be the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2.

Now to get to the part where people have been ranting on about. An immortalised leaderboard will be one that shows the Top 20/Top 12 of the previous seasons from Season 1 - ?. This should be displayed on the website somewhere so whoever was on that will deserve constant recognition.

The current leaderboards will be the one displayed on the actual server itself. It will only be displayed and viewable in-game during that current season and when it ends, it becomes an immortalised leaderboard. It will keep going until the server shuts down or when Jerry & Harry thinks it's a bore.

I have found a few flaws in this system but I believe that you can always extend each season to 4 months instead, which makes it 3 seasons per year, and that is quite a lengthy amount of time. Although, I believe 3 months is an ample amount of time.

As you can see, there are a few advantages with this suggestion. To name a couple, here they are:
    1. Everyone who is on the current leaderboards will be able to see their achievements forever on the website, so whatever they earned isn't going nowhere.

2. Everyone gets a chance. People who are new to the server/OITC will be able to get a chance every 3-4 months to be on the leaderboards, and if they're good enough, be on there for the exact same season they joined.

Now let me state a few disadvantages so you know I'm not being completely bias to my own suggestion.
    1. The website spot may get clogged up with too many seasons of leaderboards. I doubt this will happen but it could possibly happen. There can go up to multiple seasons and it becomes clogged with immortalised leaderboards, though that's why they're there.

2. People want to keep their levels and everything in-game! Hard to overcome and override their thoughts of this suggestion, I believe this is one very great obstacle. I have found a possible solution to this and that is to keep their kills, games played, levels and games won on the immortalised leaderboards.

So that's basically my whole suggestion! Thanks for reading guys and I hope you like it. Don't forget to review my poll if you haven't already!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.