suggestion for the forums

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Billybil1337, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billybil1337

Billybil1337

hi

we should have this place on the fourms where politcal and religious posts are allowed as long as they are civil

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. Snakehammer19

Snakehammer19 A Teen with Medicore Talents Donator

Minecraft:
    Snakehammer19
    Disagreed

Your saying we should hurt people's feelings. We respect everyone on the forums and there shouldn't be any reason not to disrespect anyone we don't even know. The rules say no types of things like this is allowed on the website or on the server. We don't want to upset people on purpose. We treat everyone equally and make them feel that they belong.

BossClaire and Icy like this.
  3. Trace

Trace Donator Donator

Minecraft:
    papatrace
    Disagreed.

Disagreed because I don't think this would be a good idea. It will cause more drama, and we do not want that. We want to respect everyone on this server. There is no reason for a disrespect tab. There rules say this isn't allowed on this server.

Not being hostile but, why would you ever think to make this suggestion.

sss likes this.
  4. Smg

Smg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | K.O.S.S Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    If you want to discuss any hate, this forums is not the place to do so. You can discuss some 'hateful' topics with some friends in a private conversation, but I suggest not to do it in a thread where the whole community can see.

However, if you want to post political thoughts, feel free to use the 'Real Life stuff' section.

This community is very sensitive about religions/disrespect/etc.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. msbreadpun

msbreadpun Donator

Minecraft:
    msbreadpun
    I think that it would not be a good idea since the forums have a lot of younger traffic. I think having a place made to disrespect others would make a very negative environment. Also, I don't think having nsfw is good to have on a website full of minors.

Keboozle and kawaiitoast like this.
  6. Billybil1337

Billybil1337

on another forums it is running perfectly well and it gets all the hate out of the other sections

exactly i made this suggestion so we will have world war 3

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
  7. sadandy

sadandy Former Moderator Donator

not sure if troll suggestion or actually being serious, but nonetheless...
    I'm actually undecided on this.
    Obviously, disrespectful and NSFW posts would never work, but being lenient on political, religious, or other controversial posts of this matter would be nice.

We could have a section labeled "Controversial Topics Discussion" (as long as debates are civil)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  8. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy Nightmare Fuel

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    I agree that the controversy part should be allowed because people sometimes want to talk about things that could be considered as offensive, or make jokes that could be viewed as offensive. And offensive or not, some of those things can be worth checking out.

I don't agree with the NSFW part though. Cause it's f**king 90% 8-11 years old.

The disrespect part I also don't agree. You're saying that saying f**k you to a person you don't know for a whatever reason should be acceptable. When it shouldn't. Because it will spread on the forums. Those people will hate each other and start flame wars on other forum sections. Which isn't good. We already have a "drama-farm" that is called spleef.

9. Cheez

Cheez Mod+ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    This isn't 4chan or tumblr, this is meant to be a worksafe forum for a minecraft server populated by a much younger age group then other social medias
    The forums are fine as is, we don;t want it turning into an unmoderated fight fest between people

TheMint, Lucario, Aiden and 2 others like this.
  10. _ItsMayDay

_ItsMayDay Smol Blueberry Pun Skele 4 Life Donator

Minecraft:
    LolNope. If I had one, it'd most likely be "SmolSkel"
    1. Disrespect? WTF? I don't want to piss off my friends!
    2. Political. I guess. I think that we can't have 100% alike political views, so that might be consequential.
    3. Religion. There are literal WARS being faught right now over religion. Yea, no.
    4. NSFW would not, at all, be able to unless it follows general forum rules (non-excessive swearing, no nudity, all dat), which is harder to find and regulate.

I honestly think that there could be a controversy/debate section, but not like what you want.
    Maybe...
    Why does Trump have so many backers? I think that (insert thing) should be banned. I dislike this. Hbu?

CaptainJackValdy likes this.
  11. Pai

Pai | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    The forums is a family friendly place, I'm pretty sure they'd never allow a NSFW section, as well as an area where you can literally bully someone and all that. If you're into that kind of stuff, there's "Tumblr" for a reason... NSFW trash and butthurt people. I completely disagree on all aspects of this suggestion, wars are started when it comes to Religion and Politics no matter what side you're on.

Disagreed.

12. Denisvenom9

Denisvenom9 》Faction Veteran《,

Minecraft:
    nippls
    Agreed √

13. llamaqueen2868

llamaqueen2868 Donator

No? What kind of suggestion is this...
    It just encourages people to "disrespect" and it will have a lot of controversy.
    Completely disagreed.

Infraction and Denisvenom9 like this.
  14. Infraction

Infraction Senior Helper+ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Infraction_
    Politics is allowed here by the rules, multiple threads have gone with out incident.

Religion is a fine line, its allowed, but people need to be nice about it.

In terms of disrespect and NSFW there is a spot for that. Its located on some place that is not this website. Many communites will allow NSFW/overly offensive content. This is not one of them.

Im not sure how you came to the conclusion that posting inappropriate content and aggressive content is acceptable in OT/Spam, can you elaborate?

15. Smg

Smg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | K.O.S.S Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I meant that the information he had stated would be allowed in off topic/spam. Meaning what he had suggested could be seen as 'off topic/spam' (As I just said).

When I had written my response, I had come to the conclusion that topics in this forum (Off topic/Spam), were not taken seriously/offensive. Now looking at it, my response does seem to be a bit 'weird'. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

16. Lucario

Lucario The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    Yes! Finally a place on this forum where 12-year olds can wank off! JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!
    Disagreed, btw

17. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
  18. zMagical

zMagical Im full of MAGIC!

Minecraft:
    zMagical
    Disagreed

JoneZaik likes this.
  19. Billybil1337

Billybil1337

this is serious

20. ObeyZion

ObeyZion ObeyZion Donator

Minecraft:
    ObeyZion
    I disagree because:
    1. It will cause drama
    2. It will show disrespect
    3. There's already a random discussions page on the forums
    4. This is Minecraft, there's not really a need for politics. There's other blogs and websites where you can argue but I don't believe a Minecraft server forum is the place to do that.

Jordan_Hart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.