[Submission] Sumo

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Gastemer, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gastemer

Gastemer

IGN: Gastemer

Minigame
    : Sumo

Description of the map
    : The concept of this map was originally meant to look reinforced / armoured. The top of the arena has a different shape than any other Sumo map and players are able to walk through a small maze if they fall off. The name of this map is yet to be determined.

Screenshots
    : Files are too large to upload, please visit: http://imgur.com/a/u5ZLP

If you require anything, more pictures, information or similar then please do not hesitate to ask.
    This map fully complies to the criteria mentioned in the thread: "How to submit a map"

Built & Designed by me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Durnehviir and Username like this.
  2. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    The platform is too much of a square and I don't really see a temple theme other than mossy stone and cracked stone making it ancient.
    Also, the base for it is also too much of a rectangle in my opinion.

Username likes this.
  3. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Agreed. The platform is too basic and too rectangular for me. I wish you would've have used an actual observation tower that serves as a platform, because the current one doesn't really fit with this maze theme at all in my opinion.

Overall the map looks good and the maze can also be fun for players who need to wait for a round to end (It's a minor detail, but perhaps make it 1 or 2 blocks higher to make it more difficult?).

Username and sool like this.
  4. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    I like how simple it is. It is not too simple where it is bad, it is a good simple.

Username likes this.
  5. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

It's pretty well done, however, it would be even better if you could add more detail to the map.

6. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I'd also like to say that this looks very, very world edited.

I understand if you use world edit for it, but it's lazily done. The only commands I see here are:

//hcyl stone,stained_clay:9,wooden_planks,stone_bricks (and a few other blocks) 30 40 (I guessed)
    //cyl stone,stained_clay:9,wooden_planks,stone_bricks (and a few other blocks) 1 40 (I guessed)

The rest is just adding patterns and for the platform it also looks like you used a //cyl command.

The platform itself is unique and I like it.

7. unknown292929

unknown292929 Member Donator

I think there should be more detail added to the entire platform, and the bottom for when people fall off.

~ Gavin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.