Step It Up.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SLVSHPANDA, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    So today I was in the Lobby and a few Donators were talking. Yeah, all nice and all. I said Hi and nobody replied. I tried to talk to them. No response. Are you kidding me? I went to ask a question: Why isn't Temple Run for everyone?
    Well guess what? Ignorant people kept ignoring. I kind of did the question bit to test these guys out to see if they wanted to help or not.

Too bad the answer is that they didn't want to help at all. What if someone really needed help? Well obviously none of the guys that were talking would want to aid them. This is how many people were basically on at that time:
    [​IMG]
    If it's actually possible, stop ignoring people that actually need help and try step up the aid you can give to members that really need it. I don't see why I was the only one ignored and every Donator had this fancy nametag was being spoken to.

Step it up please. I don't want to see more ignorant people >.> Or at least try help people who you know might need an answer.

P.S: This is not a rant. I want people to start accepting everyone and not to ignore questions.

2. EliteShadowMiner

EliteShadowMiner dead Donator

Minecraft:
    EliteShadowMiner
    I was there and I didn't see it.

3. SLVSHPANDA

Minecraft:
    DiviXion

Yeah because I spent 15 minutes there trying to talk to someone and I'm still there but obviously nobody is listening.

4. EliteShadowMiner

EliteShadowMiner dead Donator

Minecraft:
    EliteShadowMiner
    How can you write on my profile: Thanks for disgusting me. Now I know how you feel. But what's that? I was having a chat. I was only looking for messages of a certain person. How do you expect me to see your message when I'm waiting for someone else's?

5. Fawn

Fawn as if

No need to feel upset, you have a grey chat, most people won't notice a grey chat.
    Although I can see that they were not that many players online, which means there might be a chance they did ignore you (I'm not trying to find guilty, just saying) and personally, I think the idea of donors ignoring non-donors is unacceptable.
    Again, I'm not trying to find guilty...

6. SLVSHPANDA

Minecraft:
    DiviXion

Your conscious mind sees it and reads it.

If Grey Chat is so hard to read, then what's the point of having a Chat for Non-Donators anyways? Either change it or I'll start a rant about how stupid the colour is.
    Also, I know you're kind of trying to help and I won't disrespect that though I know they were ignoring me because I got answered at about the 25th minute of me attempting to get someone to finally talk back to me.

7. DWG

DWG Resigned | Expert Taco Donator

Minecraft:
    Vnikenz
    It's possible that the staff were AFK at the time, but I'm not sure.

8. dmuds

dmuds Old man Jenkins

Minecraft:
    dmuds
    as vaicun said, you do have gray chat.
    the donators know very well to ignore MOST gray chat since it's either profain or an advertisement. or even a threat to the server. there are some non-donators we look in the chat for at points in times. we aren't ignoring. also with that question, it's been asked multiple times. i think i've seen it ~20+ times. most of the questions asked are ones asked over and over again. sorry but that's how it'll be. we still see them. it's just they've been asked a lot of times.
    side note:
    another thing is that when there are a lot of donators chatting, it's hard to see gray text since there is so much white text. so sorry about it. but excluding for me, the rest have to make their choice. not me.

9. Fluttershy's Assassin

Fluttershy's Assassin

Dude, Donors aren't staff or robots. It's the user's responsibility to ask questions here or research it in the book they're given. If people knew that they'd have to act like staff as a donor, they wouldn't donate.

For Donors, helping people is an option, not a responsibility.

10. LaurentYuri

LaurentYuri Please check information for contact details

What?
    "Helping others is an option, not a responsibility"?
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree to that.
    In my opinion everyone should help others. If you're going to fight about "hey, because you have gray chat so we don't look at it", what's with the equality you're so keen on implementing? If you want community equality, do it the right way.
    You know what I'm talking about.

To Phantomizer: if I was there when you asked, since I cannot see the picture, I'm sorry. If I'm not, then never mind...

11. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Why is gray chat for non donators, you ask? Because it makes people want to donate. White chat does help a LOT in getting noticed, that's why it's there - for a price.
    In all seriousness, the lobby is filled with donators. The white text and prefixes CAN actually drown out a non donator, and I often won't pay much attention unless they are asking a question. Most of my friends are donators after all, so I'm typically in the lookout for them.
    White chat for donators only was a perk that was useful back in the days when like I donated, and most people weren't donators. Now that most people in the lobby are, it kind of ills up the place.
    Hey, I answer questions. But not all donators do, unfortunately... It is what it is.

12. Fluttershy's Assassin

Fluttershy's Assassin

I think you just completed my idea. Donors Donated to help the server(no shit, Sherlock), not to become a server's walking billboard, as described to be a [helper]. Because of this, helping is not a requirement as a donator. Although they should help those in need, it just isn't a responsibility for donators to do that.

I do see where you stand, but there's no denying it that it is not a requirement.

13. LaurentYuri

Well, if donators donated to help the server, why don't they help the people in it as well?

14. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

For the same reason as the non donators don't help people. They don't feel like it.
    The point he is trying to make is that donators should try to help the server, but they aren't obligated to, and they are no different than non donators in that regard.

15. dmuds

dmuds Old man Jenkins

Minecraft:
    dmuds
    because of this:

16. LaurentYuri

@Yomc: Maybe because it's the non donator population is the part that asks questions, not really answering.

17. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

Feel free to /msg people. Also, templerun isnt for everyone because its a special thing for donators to have exclusive access to.

18. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Maybe so.
    The thing is that the donators might not know things either XD
    In any case, it's the same anywhere, and it's sad but true. Many people just don't feel like answering them.
    I've actually answered quite a few questions myself, even though they were asked to a mod, and they ignored me because I'm not a mod XD
    Nub123: XenonHD when will survival be back?
    (Xenon is afk)
    Yomc: Survival will be back once they configure every survival plugin, as Jerry himself said.
    Yomc: We don't know when it will be back
    Nub123: XenonHD when will survival be back?
    Yomc: I JUST TOLD YOU
    Nub 123: Xenon wake up

That's the stuff I go through when helping someone XD

TheVipersnap, Caity, Warrior9 and 2 others like this.
  19. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

It's hard when we get asked questions that we cant answer. We arent google. People need to learn to read too. I see at least once a day someone asking "Why cant I get into templerun?" Me:"Read the signs"
    santana.gif

Kritt likes this.
  20. Fluttershy's Assassin

Fluttershy's Assassin

That is something I truly don't know myself, as I usually try to help people. To get a valid answer, I guess you'll have to ask the types of people in question. Nothing more to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.