STAFF WARNINGS!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Corn1, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corn1

Corn1 Donator

Minecraft:
    Corn1
    I got warned for verbal abuse today because I called someone an idiot.... I don't understand because I see people saying things in chat all the time that are much more worse than that even when staff is online. We should not have to do /report when staff already see it. I also think that staff should get more involved with both sides of the conflict before punishing anyone. I was wrong for saying that but what about all the other people that get away with it simply because staff don't bother to pay attention. If someone is promoted to staff it is a responsibility and should be taken seriously.

2. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

3. Corn1

Corn1 Donator

Minecraft:
    Corn1
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  4. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

Go on the server and do /warnings
    if you have no warning points then that means they verbal warned you
    if you do and you find it unfair, appeal

5. Corn1

Corn1 Donator

Minecraft:
    Corn1
    my bad it was an accident I lagged... the post wasnt showing up after i posted it

retirednow likes this.
  6. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    This is something you should report to http://itsjerryandharry.com/forums/staff-power-abuse-report-a-staff-member.78/ if you believe a staff is treating you/others unfairly. Also, I doubt you were verbally warned for just calling someone an idiot. If that was the case, use the staff abuse section I linked above. Do you have any other questions? If not, you can close the thread when you feel ready.

retirednow likes this.
  7. Corn1

Corn1 Donator

Minecraft:
    Corn1
    I was never warned but he said he did and I didnt just make this thread so staff could see it... i want players to see it too. I feel like people should be able to read it before staff make me take it down

8. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    There are some threads that are efficient with discussion about staff. However the manner in which you delivered yours was different and spoke to more of a single issue rather than an issue that exists within staff as a whole. You also made it seem like you only had one occurrence of this issue and used to to base your opinion on staff as a whole. I neither asked you to take it down nor was going to make you take it down. I suggested closing it because ill-structured threads like these can turn out ugly.

If you want change, calling staff out in a poorly structured thread like this will not get it done. Staff are willing to listen and change when you provide a good argument and sufficient proof of wrongdoing. Thus, making a thread like this is effectively spreading inaccurate opinion based information.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Senchies, tence3000, Sakujo and 6 others like this.
  9. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I've been verbally warned before over something that I thought was stupid but ya know what.. I shrugged it off and moved on. I honestly don't understand the point of this thread. If you weren't actually /warned and just verbally warned, what's the big deal. What happens to other players frankly isn't any one's business besides that player and staff. This feels more like you didn't like being called out and you want to make waves for the staff member.

10. kedio

kedio Donator

If you feel that this warning / or verbal warning / is unfair, you should make an appeal here.
    Furthermore, if you don't have any warnings, the point of this thread is useless. If you feel like a staff member sis giving you warning points unfairly, just report them for Staff Power Abuse.

ZakMuir likes this.
  11. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    You say that you see people saying stuff far worse than you did, why don't you report it then? I mostly play on 1 gamemode and often there is a staff member. This doesn't guarantee that that staff member sees everything happening, maybe he was just getting a drink or he was talking to someone else. Staff are human, no robots. They can miss certain things, and thats where player reports help. Even if there is a staff member on, just report it so you're sure the player gets their punishment. Reporting doesn't take long, but if you think it takes too much time to report, don't waste your time crying about people not getting punished.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    ZeusV and ZakMuir like this.
  12. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Other players may have been verbally warned or /warned, the majority of the time that happens in private messages. It is also between that player and staff. Just because it's not being announced, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Senchies likes this.
  13. Senchies

Senchies Donator

Minecraft:
    Senchies
    Firstly, like t3mptr3s said it's very possible that they were warned in private.
    Secondly, having the "Well they did it and got away with it." mentality is a very strange one to have. If you do something, and get proper repercussions for the thing that you did, there's not much of a good reason to be mad.

14. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    That is a typical response from people between the ages of 8-25. I even know older adults that still try to deflect from their bad behavior by pointing out what others do wrong. That said, I have this conversation with my kids a lot. And I tend to say, "We're talking about what you did... not (insert person here)".

15. Corn1

Corn1 Donator

Minecraft:
    Corn1
    the fact that u even took the time out of ur day to type that bs blows me away... lol the only person that needs to grow up here is you. i have read every post on here and I have not had a problem until you. This post is almost a week old.... get over it.

16. Witha

Witha Mandy 11.28.21 <3 Donator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    Locking thread due to creators request. Also due to the fact it is getting out of hand

Emma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.