Staff team

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by _Tigeripac_, Aug 1, 2019.

1. _Tigeripac_

_Tigeripac_ Tigeripac

Minecraft:
    Tigeripac
    If we were to just accept that hackers are able to play for sometimes hours at a time, it would take away a lot of fun from the game. I feel like this way the server would lose a lot of players who are fed up with dealing with these hackers. This is a good solution to make the server even more dead than it already is... There must be a better solution and i'm sure that the staff team will find a way to make J&H great again. Maybe we need a little more motivation from our leaders to start of with?

2. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    This one sentence is the exact explanation on why we don't have a lot of promotions. We staff check through applications on a near daily basis. What we end up doing is actually denying applications simply because the applicants don't go online.

If I were to give a rough estimation, around 90% of applicants do one of the following:

• Make an application and never come online
    • Make an application and make sure to come online just shortly before their application gets denied for being inactive and repeat the cycle
    The other 10%, sure they're active, but they have their quirks which makes them risky for getting promoted.

Choosing who to promote isn't that simple from what I've seen. A lot of thought and background research goes into each and every potential candidate.

t3mptr3s, _Tigeripac_, Soap and 4 others like this.
  3. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I'll add third one. Applicants are players who have a bad/toxic history as players and think that because they can behave well for a week or two that redeems everything they've done in the recent past.

Username likes this.
  4. Trevor

Trevor Donator

That's me!!!!!

_Tigeripac_ and Username like this.
  5. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    I'll come from the otherside of this and just outright say:

IF YOU WANT TO BE STAFF:
    1. Make an application that is formatted in a way worth looking at
    2. Follow the rules
    3. Report players who break the rules via in-game reports or on the forums
    4. Help out around the community
    5. Be Patient

That's really all there is to it. Following the rules includes the server rules and rules for applications. If you have a staff app right now, or know someone who does, tell them to read this post and see if they can identify why they haven't been considered yet.

_ItsLewis_, ZeusV, Embracive and 13 others like this.
  6. FishingRod

FishingRod

The report feature doesn’t do a whole lot, the last time I played kitpvp was full of hackers lmao

7. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s

Do you have an idea how many hackers we ban a day? Also, we can't just ban people for hacking. Still need proof. Would be super helpful if you or other players recorded what you see for proof.

8. _ItsLewis_

_ItsLewis_ Lewis Donator

Minecraft:
    _ItsLewis_
    I agree with everything up to the part where you say "No staff is active or little are on" I see staff on and helping out when they can, they cannot punish unless the player who is getting reported has proof against them, unless they are blatantly hacking. I see staff on actively on Kitpvp and prisons also on Factions. This is just my personal opinion.

Trevor, PvpEnabled and t3mptr3s like this.
  9. Embracive

Embracive Former Мod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Embracive
    No, the 'no staff are on' point is fairly accurate in my timezone. No hate to them, but there could be a lot more online during the EU timezone. That's just my experience on it though, can't say the same for anyone else.

_ItsLewis_ likes this.
  10. _ItsLewis_

_ItsLewis_ Lewis Donator

Minecraft:
    _ItsLewis_
    I mean I see 4 of them on at most in the EU timezone

11. Fitzy

Fitzy resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    FitzyPvP
    +1, So far, the staff team have been welcoming and kind, (And decently active) but adding a few staff members can help a lot.

_ItsLewis_ likes this.
  12. _ItsLewis_

_ItsLewis_ Lewis Donator

Minecraft:
    _ItsLewis_
    I agree more staff = More success and in EU there is normally not enough staff on in the early hours.