So Long and Thanks for All The Fish

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by TheDiamondPicks, Jun 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    3 years is hell of a long time (well relative to my age). I've gone from not having to worry about exams, to them almost being over (well the high school ones at least), I've gone from not having a job to having two of them and I've gone from having bucket fulls of free time to having basically none. But throughout these changes I was still here, just perhaps in a reduced capacity, however my time as staff has come to an end. It's been hell of a lot of fun, but unfortunately I've lost both interest in and the time to go on the server.

In that time the staff team has also changed massively. The days of 500 unread messages in the off-topic chat may be long gone, but the staff team today is much more professional but at the same time more laid back than it was a few years ago. However it's sad to see the decline of the server, from the days where there were stacks of reports and every server was full, to some of my favourite minigames - the ones that drew me into the server being long gone. But that's life, all good things must and will come to an end.

I'm not going to thank (many) individuals because I could be here all day, but thanks to the staff team, both past and present, for the memes, the good conversations and the memories (special shoutout to the Aussie / NZ staff, because those timezones can get hellishly lonely at nights). I'd also like to thank the Admin team + J&H (again both past and present) for giving me an opportunity to be staff in the first place (despite the fact almost all of the current admins weren't staff when I was promoted ;) ), it's been really fun. I still remember the day I got a reply to my app (and the fact that Willy left me hanging for 2 weeks :mad:). Finally thank you to all the friends I've made, I hope that we can keep in touch. Who knows, perhaps one day I'll be back (lol probably not).

And now I have to break the habit of typing /mods everytime I log in.

2. blamecoopa

blamecoopa how did i get here? Donator

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
    Good luck in the future, man. You're going to be great wherever you go. :D

TheDiamondPicks likes this.
  3. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    It's okay, Willy left me hanging for 2 months.

In all seriousness, you're one of the few staff members who have been here for a long time without resigning. Even though you were not as active towards the end of you time as staff, you've done a lot in the earlier years to make up for it. Thanks for everything Picks, it's been a ride.