so im a helper now

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by aund, Oct 23, 2017.

1. aund

aund aund / wthf Donator

Minecraft:
    wthf
    I copied @Yzel ’s idea of making one of these type of threads so shoutout to her :)

-
    I was only promoted on the 21st and it’s been amazing so far, I’ve gotten to know some people a little bit better then I did before and it’s been a great learning experience.
    -

let me know how I’ve been doing so far, so I can improve myself as a staff member. And if you ever need anything you can contact me on any platform that’s on my info page, (most preferably just make a profile post on my profile)
    But yeah thanks for reading!

not that good at making these, sorry it’s so sloppy

-Aund

Evence, Starixty, caraa and 13 others like this.
  2. Yzel

Yzel Jess - Yzel Donator

Minecraft:
    Yzel
    Copycat

aund likes this.
  3. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Hard to come up with what to say as you're both doing great.

Yzel likes this.
  4. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    You're gonna do great, aundreezy!
    Good luck, you & Yzel are gonna do a great job as staff!
    Being staff is fun!

Ryva and aund like this.
  5. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    From what I've seen during your short time as staff, you seem to be getting a hang of how things work within the team. That's good.
    I only have a few things I'd like to remind you of/inform you about that have caused trouble to staff members in the past.
    1. Remember that you are not required to be on every single day my dude. The admins are aware we all have lives outside this place.
    2. Don't put this community before your real life inquiries. This place always comes second.
    3. Don't be afraid to ask for help whether or not you're stressed due to your job or simply don't know how to do something. We've all been through out first days or first few weeks, it can be a stressful time. I encourage you if you ever feel overworked on the server to take a break and do something else. It won't hurt you or anyone.
    Most of that was directed to not only you but current, newer staff members as well. There have been countless times where I've seen people worry about time management and how often they can get on the server when in-fact they have more than enough time to do their duties here. They've worried to the point where they resigned and immediately regretted it because they may have realized that no one is required to be on here all the time. (This doesn't out-rule that there have been resignations that were justified in this category). Just keep that in mind.

AbductedSnake, t3mptr3s, Ryva and 7 others like this.
  6. NekoNebulus

NekoNebulus Donator

You're doing better than me when I started. Keep up the great work.

Ryva and aund like this.
  7. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    Resign.

JK, doing good!

aund likes this.
  8. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    my man

aundREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzy

lmfao gj my d00d

aund likes this.
  9. RulerofMobs

RulerofMobs Fuck. Bye, survival. Donator

Minecraft:
    u9r
    U suk u gave me a warning like wtf

Jk jk ur doing ur job gj

aund likes this.
  10. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

good meme
    edit: You are doing really good aund, I am impressed. I constantly seeing you handle reports, even some of my own, keep up that good work of yours :smile:

aund likes this.
  11. Timyus

Timyus The KitPvP Guy Donator

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    you’re a really chill guy

12. AbductedSnake

AbductedSnake Java Coder Donator

Minecraft:
    AbductedSnake
    Aund, please try not to retire within the next month. :P

13. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Aund, please try not to retire withing the next ever. :P

14. aund

aund aund / wthf Donator

Minecraft:
    wthf
    I don’t plan to lol

15. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    To be honest, I don't see what everyone else has seen. I've seen a lot of bad attitude. A lot of caps spamming. That doesn't mean you cannot improve.

aund likes this.
  16. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    Then again, your title says Spectator Extraordinaire so that explains a lot, but she's not wrong Aund. I've seen a little bit of backstory since you're in a small group with one of my best friends (at least she was) and I think you have a lot of space to grow.

Just be careful with what you're doing, warnings are no joke nor are they a competition of any sort (and this is just going off of assumptions, I am likely throwing a curveball here). I haven't seen you warn anyone but keep up the good work, the people love you, and that's what matters.

t3mptr3s and aund like this.
  17. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I agree with the general idea here but not with 'the people love you, and that's what matters'. My personal advice is to listen to others yes but don't do something bad just to please people. Work hard and do your job, which from my perspective you are doing on the whole, and you will do well IMO.

Ryva likes this.
  18. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    You're right, I don't play. I sit and watch.

Let me expand on this. It's more about being a staff is a job. It's not a get out of jail free card to do and say whatever you want. A lot of newer staff in the past .. 6 months or so, have had this issue with attitude and acting out. Being staff does not mean you'll get away with bad behavior. Like I told tence when I first started talking to him when he was made helper, your actions reflect on the server. You need to know and follow the rules. I'm not saying Aund_ doesn't have the potential to be awesome because I think everyone has that potential. If you're not told what needs to be corrected, you'll keep making the same mistakes and at some point people will get tired of it.

Stolas, KokichiOma and tence3000 like this.
  19. Timyus

Timyus The KitPvP Guy Donator

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    More staff members need to hear this. For example, instead of just warning someone under the general reason “Profanity” the player should be messaged what they did wrong so they’ll know not to make that mistake again. A good guardian won’t just spank their kid, first he’ll tell the kid what they did wrong.

Ryva likes this.
  20. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Usually they're told several times before hand so they know what they've done wrong.