Small Opinion Thread (Popularity)

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Denisvenom9, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Denisvenom9

Denisvenom9 》Faction Veteran《,

Minecraft:
    nippls
    Hey guys Luna here
    Ok yo. So many people don't know me as I was never really noticed on this community, so I'll introduce myself before I get into shit. Aye, I'm Denis, 14 almost 15, have no friends get bad grades (B's / consider them bad / and some A's) my life has been more of a roller coaster these past couple of months, though I haven't really talked about it. My overall experience on his server is pretty high and have been standing strong here for about 2 and a half years.

So as of a idiocies and incomprehensible ideas of the sever. I have came to a conclusion to write this thread and talk about the secret a little more though through. So my journey started here when I was a squeaker (still am) and I was fascinated by Jerry's and Harry's videos. I came down here an frankly the community was small loving and basically evryone here knew eachother from a point of view. Now the server soon started to welcome new payers from all other different pats of Minecraft (PvPers, Minigame Players, etc.) I was excited to get new freinds and was happy for the server.

Now enough talking about my good stuff, here is what I think. Yes. The server has immensely changed and all, but now I can see that a lot of people here aren't who they are, some people are even catfishes. The server is dying down but people stay for countless numbers of reasons.

A. Want to be part of staff team.
    B. Freinds are still here.
    C. Have nowhere else to go.
    D. Stay on forums to get more known.
    And
    E. To expand there knowledge of the game.

So why would I make this thread?
    I want to talk about a specific topic.

The servers players.

Many of you know this server was going through tough times and good times.
    A lot if new players came along and joined in. But, a lot of people became toxic and wanted to get attention by making leaving threads. Staff then made it against the rules and banned those threads. So many people put shitty reason to get attention like;
    "Selling PC, buying PS4 fuck this server".
    And frankly I didn't see people doing so especially people who have been here for the longest fucking time. These people knew the server was going through rough times and weren't very happy that thy weren't receiving a lot of attention. A lot of them applied for staff, got accepted and now are well known in the community because of their rank. Purely the only reason they stay on the sever. And some individuals stay on the staff team for the pure reason of fame glory and power. As a result of confidence towards them self. I look through threads on the forums and surf on the forums and can help to cringe at these people. They just want glory. The real life stuff forum is filled with absolute bs. No I'm not staying everything is bs. A lot of people are real and actually are I the staff team and make real life thread for conciliation;
    Coming out threads, confessions are all fine but some people make absolutely insane stories to get attention. For example:
    I was 10 I battled a shark came out with only a scar.

And not even fucking with you people, there was a extremely well known never who posted this. Many people do giveaways and get attention, and just forget about the thread. Just for attention. People Sha they leave the server and then are on the server and forums 24/7:
    Honestly i think I am getting in too far. I already see the hate. I don't care if you hate on me. You will just make me upset. Even more than I am already. And no this isn't a attention thread. I swear I've gotten hate from mods admins I've got everything. I am antisocial with no freinds. I don't care come at me. I already have no feelings.

I even beat you if a more well known member posted this. It would be received/acknowledged better.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    lol same

Nessa, knife and Denisvenom9 like this.
  3. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    You hit almost all of your points spot on; I can relate man.

Good luck, because; I know there are going to be at least a few people annoyed by this.

Denisvenom9 likes this.
  4. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    I would have to agree with you 110%. As much as I love this community, it is impossible to avoid the flaws for the server and the forums. I am glad you addressed this before I did, as I would have eventually.

This forum is great in a lot of ways, which I do not need to say, but I cannot ignore its flaws.
    I do not like attention seekers, or people who only come on here only for "likes", which is pointless, because it is just a number.

I have friends here, a lot of old ones from 2 years ago, I am grateful that they have not changed.
    Noting that I am here not only for them, but for others as well. It is absurd to me that people crave attention from people on the Internet, which is also pointless, there is nothing to gain from it anyway.
    I am not guilty of this yet, because I review and even point out myself I do not want attention, and it will stay that way for as long as I am here.

That is all.
    Venom.

animelover999, Denisvenom9 and Smg like this.
  5. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

I agree. Yeah, I might be well-known, but this is all just true...to an extent. Not all staff members stay because of the rank, some just love helping out the server...and for the others...well, we all have our opinions.

50% sure a popular member is going to post on this thread and counter why it's not true, and eventually get a ton of likes from people that they probably don't know that do agree on this.

Denisvenom9 and Smg like this.
  6. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

I thought I was your friend??

And I barely see the new staffs on the server. It's always the mods/mods+ that are able to help me

7. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

I usually fucking hate these threads, as all they usually do is talk about issues we all know about and cause unneeded drama, but I must say that I fully agree with you on this one.

The community is now fucked up. Honestly. It used to be a good thing. Now you may tell me you dislike these comments, but all the attention seeking shit is TRUE!!! There is way too much attention seeking/like farming/post farming in this community tots not talking about me.

But for real tho, this is also happening in the gaming community as a whole. Since a few years, the gaming community has been going downhill as heck. People in the gaming community today only thing about defending their little box, whether it's their console, pc or phone by claiming false stuff like "x has worse graphics than y" or "pc master race!!!11" or even posting stupid memes on imgur telling us how "the wii u is s0 b4d c0mpar3d to the pz4" or all this bs. I mean, let people play on whatever fucking hardware they want and respect the people who own other hardware.

But why am I referring this to minecraft? Because they act the exact same way. I hate how PvPers hate people who prefer building, using some shitty excuses like "ur ez" or "n00b". Honestly, why don't they just say something a bit nicer like "gg" or something like that? I've also seen this really true especially with this community. If you go on factions, the first thing you'll hear is "HaCkEr KiLl AuRa!!1", "stfu ur ez", "fuck this faction!!!1 everyone enemy them!!" or any kind of other shit. And this is true with every freaking minigame! And now it's to the point where servers like hypixel have to ban any kind of swearing, hackusating, and they must have a pretty advanced anti-hacking and anti-spam/advertizing system. Also, you may see that some servers have to do many threads on their forums threatening to permban the people who death threat other people!!! I mean, this is a good thing, but why the heck do they actually have to do this warning? Why the fuck are their even that much people threatening other people on the minecraft community, with a lot of children in it? That's like when I've seen the news about LionMaker (if you do not know what happened, you may check the video by drama alert about it). Looking at this, I wonder to myself, what the fuck has the community become?

Thanks for making this thread

tumblr_md3ipqyJwg1r51odoo1_500.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  8. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I like your effort but..

Honestly, I did not like the way you ended it. When you're trying to make a point about people making attention threads with insane stories, you added your own "feel bad for me" statement whether you tried to or not.

Also, of course there are people that will stay for the fame/glory because they worked for it. "Power corrupts," but I mean that power here corrupts intentions/motivations, not the person him/herself.

I hope things get better for you though.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  9. Denisvenom9

Minecraft:
    nippls
    Thanks. I ended it off like that, because most of the fuckign attention seaker are going to hate.

10. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    it's not that people hate on these threads, lots of people agree with you, its just that everyone knows about ALL of these issues already and making a thread isn't going to change it because first of all there have been a lot of other ones made like this and if you're trying to make it public so that the issues stand out more, they're already public and have been publicised so many times so why keep on doing this
    also I never said don't state your opinion but what are you getting out of this thread besides a "I totally agree with you" or "closed" because of stupid drama or flame wars
    How many times have staff members locked these threads because they're repeatedly made like every week a new one

a lot of people know about these things you don't have to keep making them again

I somewhat agree with you though

11. Denisvenom9

Minecraft:
    nippls
    I disagree. Staff don't do shit about this (they really can't) so this is the only way to wake awarness.

12. NoahMC

NoahMC

Minecraft:
    Nnoah
    Damn man, you've matured.

They can though, just punish all the people who are being asses.

safoya299 and Denisvenom9 like this.
  13. Denisvenom9

Minecraft:
    nippls
    I've matured?

14. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

Apparently lol

15. GYPTIAN

GYPTIAN Azza Donator

Minecraft:
    GYPTIAN
    He lied lol

16. animelover999

animelover999 Donator

I have noticed this around as well.

My experience was overall the same outcome as well. My friends got staff, the people I look up to unexpectedly got staff as well. Many giveaways were held but I didn't quite get if this was for fun or for popularity or just plain kindness. As of idiocies, sometimes it is ok to be like this once in a while but doing it all the time seems to get annoying. In addition to this I have seen it around lately as well. Not for being an idiot, but as for bullying and so on.

As for likes and message numbers increasing, I have to be honest with you, I was one of these people. I didn't care at first but then I wanted to be noticed and get many likes and messages as possible. Now that I have looked back upon this, I feel like I am not the person I use to be. Trying to be noticed by the community, trying to get as many followers as I can and starting to unfollow people. I feel bad for myself for it now.

In the end, this message deeply impacted me physically and mentally, raising awareness to the community and the outer world. We all need to know to stop getting attention and think again for others and yourself.

It's great to see people like you making a stand.

Denisvenom9 likes this.
  17. Denisvenom9

Minecraft:
    nippls
    Glad I helped
    @Stellarite

18. iParis

iParis //

"It would've received more likes."

safoya299 and cingle like this.
  19. Denisvenom9

Minecraft:
    nippls
    Nope. I meant people would've not though of this the same way.

Look at what this community turned into , evrything has to do with likes.

20. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    No need to tag me, I already saw his post and reread it a few times. I still stand by my points. Plus, I said that I somewhat agreed with you. I was only stating my opinion on these types of threads being made repeatedly. I think that's unnecessary.