[Skyblock] Nether portals

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Evil_Larry, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Larry

Evil_Larry

Username: Evil_Larry
    Server: Skyblock
    Description: For some reason, nether portals don't work. I managed to create one, but when I hopped inside and was ready for the nether, nothing happened. The view continued spiraling and was purple, like it is just before the dimension switches. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but if it isn't, please fix it!

2. Chippy

Chippy

This is intentional... dunno why they did this, but it sucks :(

3. Evil_Larry

Evil_Larry

Oh, ok. That sucks.

4. Jdthinkaboutit

Jdthinkaboutit

Think about it. If you went to the Nether with an eff 4 unbreaking 3 pickaxe and gathered netherrack and soul sand, you would have such a ridiculous amount of money. That's partially why it's disabled to all players.

5. Evil_Larry

Evil_Larry

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

6. ewon

ewon uoʍǝ

Also other players could get on other people's islands possible if they had a nether portal as well, i think.

7. TheWrongName

TheWrongName

Here's the real explanation:

1: The skyblock plugin simply doesn't support nethers right now and probably won't, ever.
    2: Using multi-world plugins disables the nether in all subworlds EXCEPT the main world. Which means a staff member that has access to the plugin commands has to make a 'Nether portal' by using the plugin. Since Skyblock is not the main world you can't enter the nether. You're also not supposed to light a nether portal with the dispenser bug since this can lag the server if you have too much nether portals. This is one of the reasons flint and steel is blocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.