Server Rules in Klingon (Satire)

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Yomc, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hey guys, since everyone's translating the rules, I thought it would be a good idea to translate them into something other than Dutch, Turkish, or Spanish - namely, the language of Klingon, which literally only comes from the Star Trek series.
    Read below! :)

~ j h che' je ~

che' subject to choH Hutlh tu'.

chaq ghot'e' failure HeQ neH (ru'Ha') ban vo' chavmoH.

qaghom 'e' latlhpu'

pagh racism, pagh sexism, pagh bullying, pagh trolling.

profanity lo' vuS: 'Ip, vulgarity, offensive Hol.

(forums) Qo' deliberately drama start. (5 warning lang)

Qo' scam pagh malja' Huch real Qu'.

pagh Inappropriateness

pg-13 pol 'oH: pagh nudity, graphical jegh, yuQ qach, etc.

spam ghewmey

QIn rap jatlhqa'.

Qo'noS overuse yuvtlhe' Degh je. !@#%$&*()

qeS Hoch HoS puS, url, IPs pagh.

(forums) oversize bIngDaq ghItlh leghlu' pagh mIllogh.

(forums) chonaDmo', cha'logh vaj post ghewmey. edit button lo'.

(forums) Surgh bump. bumping 'AY' Surgh ngo' joq irrelevant reviving. chaq deleted puS 30 jaj older vay' vaj deemed 'oH je irrelevant pagh unnecessary pong naQ.

(forums) Qo' ngaQ deletes pagh request vo' naQ.

'oH ja' 'ej 'oH mej naQ pagh mini-modding.

English Hol neH qaStaHvIS public jaw.

pagh Alt-accounts

(forums) wa' forum account per nuv.

impersonate, ghewmey.

(jabwI') chaw' alt accounts, ghaH'e' SoHbe'chugh bypass bans lo' chaH. in case of bypass, banned vay' Sov alts.

latlhpu' SIQpu'bogh pIgh.

ghew exploit. chaH ja' instead.

mods ghap hacks vaj 'utmo' Dujvam SuyItHa' lo'.

wej chaw' malicious behavior such as team-killing.

wej vay' with the purpose of yIqaw jabwI' harming chenmoH.

nI'qu' bans ru' chaq SIQpu'bogh offenders jatlhqa' ngaghwI', severe cases, ban ru'Ha'.

naQ lob

woQ vuv. ghobe', to-be cops aren't wIneH.

'ach SachchoHghach'a' online community moderate neH vaQ.

mamej che' version detailed latlh: http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/detailed-rules.74449/

tl tI dr: common Dapvetlh lo'.

Thanks for reading! Keep translating guys! Or actually, you could just not.

(Real thread starts here, if you haven't noticed)

So lately, ever since the Turkish rules were created for the mass of Turkish players on the server, people have realized, "Well, we should make it in more languages for aaaall the people! Yeah!"

Yeah, no. It simply isn't necessary. I see why people would want to - to be helpful and provide ease of language for all server-goers. However, making rules threads in arbitrary languages simply is not the way to do it.

There are over 6,000 languages spoken today in the entire world, from Mandarin Chinese to Elvish. While some are rather rare, if the server is to help one language besides English, it is obligated to help them all for equal opportunity. This server simply does not have time for 6,000 different language threads. I mean... This is putting it really bluntly, and I wish I could be more eloquent, but it's simply the case. We have neither time nor room for all these language threads.

Secondly, have you heard of the translate button? See below:
    image.jpg
    Nearly every Internet browser comes with a language reviewer. If the reviewer sees the page as having been written in a different language other than the user's home language, it will offer to modify the page into that language. In other words, you're completing a task that every modern internet browser already does for you. In essence, the threads are unnecessary.

And lastly, this server is an English only server. I'm not here to argue whether this is a good or a bad idea. Personally, I see both pros and cons to this fact. However, we cannot avoid the fact that this is the rule. It is presumed that those who come here will be able to speak English, for speaking in a different language is against the rules. In other words, if for some reason a new member does not speak English and cannot read the rules, that is an incentive for them to not enter an English-only forum. This is not discrimination; it is simply preservation of the rules as they stand.

So please, guys. I get that you're trying to help. I mean, I guess you can do whatever you want. I can't enforce anything, and I get that you have the best of intentions...

It's just that by no means are language threads "necessary," and they're better off being discontinued before they spam up the server discussion section and become a subject of controversy.

Keep in mind, this is in no way meant to offend those who have already made such threads - like I said, I know that you have the best of intentions, but the figurative line is pretty much being crossed here.

That is all.

2. SeahawksFan12

SeahawksFan12 The 12th man|2-2|Lions @ Seahawks 10-13 FINAL

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    Exactly, why do you think I made this thread in the first place:
    http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/itsjerryandharry-rules-noob.75575/
    To contribute to the discussion, in other words (And this goes completely against the definition of contribute) I was mocking the trend. The thread was also a tribute to the original forums if you remember the noob thread there. I knew it wasn't necessary from the beginning to make these threads. It's important to know that people who come on here, are more likely to speak english. Just look at the title, it's completely in english, and the owners are even dutch. People who come here are more likely to read that and type that, otherwise don't speak much english. There are some members here who don't speak english, but like you mentioned, they can always rely on a translator and those members are actually more likely to leave the community because it's hard for them to communicate, or better yet never become apart of it.

It's also not necessary for the rule "Only english in chats" to be ruled over. If we were speaking different languages all of the time, confusion would break out and other will not be able to comprehend what others were saying. It's like a country that doesn't settle on an official language, but rather let's people learn whatever language they want as their native language (Though I am sure there are no countries like that). There is my opinion, reason and evidence, now it's time for me to go to school.

3. _Magical

_Magical Pokémon trainer

This language thing reminds me of this video:
    It's funny because they both speak English xD

Safoya, TheMint and Radii like this.
  4. Safoya

Safoya

Minecraft:
    basicallysaf
    HAHAHAHA

_Magical likes this.