/sell chests suggestion redux (for Factions Reset)

Discussion in 'Hardcore Factions' started by zee_man, Feb 13, 2018.

1. zee_man

zee_man Just havin' fun! Faction Leader - KoB IGN: zmanmz Donator

Minecraft:
    zmanmz
    Ok, I'm trying this suggestion again. I am putting it here instead of suggestions though (it would be good for skyblock and peaceful survival also).

The idea is to have /sell chest. It sells everything in all chests in the chunk that matches what is in your hand. It is an enhancement for people that already have purchased /sell or get it with a rank.

To work, whatever you are selling has to be in your claim OR you must have access so someone else can't do it. If it is in your faction claim but you don't have access - you can't do it. In other words, the same rules for opening a chest apply.

There seemed to be a lot of confusion in the suggestion thread I made for this a while back:
    http://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/sell-enhancement.104297/#post-962823

I don't see how someone can be griefed or how someone can accidentally sell something they don't want to sell. People worried about someone in their faction selling their stuff makes no sense either. Those people can just open chests and sell it anyway. This is just a more convenient way to sell in large farms. If you don't trust your faction members, have access set to just you.

For the reset, if there are spawners with huge farms (even if just rotten flesh) or huge cactus farms like there are in the current map, this is certainly big time saver.

From an owners (server owners / J&H) standpoint, this may get more people to purchase /sell and generate additional revenue for the server.

Let the flames start (again).... But I will say on the server I played that had this there was never any problems with people accidentally selling stuff or selling their faction member stuff unless intended.

Its_Tori and TerrorReid like this.
  2. TerrorReid

TerrorReid some dude Donator

Minecraft:
    TerrorReid
    This is lowkey good af...... I'd buy it.

3. Smg

Smg TheRealMod+ | ❤12-27-16❤ | K.O.S.S Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    TheRealSmg
    I'm personally not so sure....like for example in survival, this would be mega o.p if you want to sell a whole lot of slime. My farm makes 8 million when it's full and it usually takes me 10-15 minutes or so to sell it all by myself. Eliminating that time may seem little, but my farm only consists of 25 spawners and only like, 40+ chests? That's legitimately small for common slime farms in survival; I've seen some with over 50+ spawners and a hundred or more chests in one area....imagine how easy that would make selling items...These farms get people tons of money easily, and I like how even though some have /sell, it still takes time to sell everything you've earned especially if you've gotten a lot.

This could work the same for factions, and skyblock with their respective best selling items. I'm sorry but this just seems game-breaking for me. /sell is enough IMO.

Last thing, I didn't make an argument about the griefing thing because that's actually one thing I agree with you on/understand the points you made.

4. creeper1561

creeper1561

simle, add a cooldown to /sell chest

otherwise a nice idea

5. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    If the cooldown was long enough the command would become redundant as /sell would be faster.

6. creeper1561

creeper1561

no, like after u afk overnight /sellchests and ur done, its easier than /sellchest but cant be spammed like it is /sellhand

Its_Tori likes this.