Self-Esteem and Value in yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Syrian, May 18, 2016.

1. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    Hey! Thanks for clicking this thread! ;)

I just wanted to take the time to make a thread about this to anyone who needed to read it. Whatever the outcome, I'm glad to say I took the time to post this thread! :D

I mainly wanted to cover self-value and self-esteem since it's a huge factor in our lives, especially when going through adolescence. Sometimes we feel as if we aren't worth anything, or we feel we aren't satisfied with ourselves. Identity is hard to find, especially at a young age, but eventually, we all overcome it, and eventually we find who we are.

What's happening?

Most people going through adolescence feel like they aren't worth anything to the world, or they feel that they aren't the person they want to be. Sometimes they lie, pretend to be someone they're not, act differently, or perform certain actions to gain the respect of others. Sometimes we find it really hard to see what we're worth, but most of the time, we're really just ignoring the many great things about us.

You aren't worthless.

Everyone is able reform the world. Everyone is able to make a difference, and everyone is able to accomplish anything as long as you believe in yourself. Without self-confidence, you feel blocked, unable to do certain things, and lacking effort. With no support, we can't accomplish the great things that are possible for us.

Ultimately, no one can give you self-confidence. As much as we all want to be happy, we can never give confidence to others, we can only motivate them and remind them of the great things about this person. It is mainly up to them to find their value and self-esteem.

You alone can accomplish many great things. Don't let the success of others or the mistakes of your past beat you down. Try your best to find the positive in things. A glass of milk is never half-empty, it's half-full. In no way can one mistake outweigh a thousand great things you have done.

Be yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you're not!

This is probably one of the biggest problems, and it leads to a lot of negative energy most of the time. We all want to be the best, since it's human nature to compete with each other. We all want to be best out of the crowd, and we all want to look amazing.

Sometimes we aren't inspired when seeing the success in others, and we are in fact disappointed in ourselves that this person has accomplished so much and we haven't. However, this person has found what they are good at, and this person has achieved what they worked for. Pretending to be as good as them or trying to follow their path isn't right. It isn't you.
    The key in this subject is patience. Whoever you are will come to you eventually. Don't try to rush it.

Don't let judgement of others beat you down!

We are all different. Sometimes we don't have the same interests as others, and we don't have the same success as others in certain topics. In every situation, there will always be someone who will judge you for who you are. There will always be the thug, there will always be the bully, and there will always be the troll.

If a person is going to judge you for simply being yourself, then they aren't worth your time at all. I had mentioned in an earlier thread about who I really am, and that I have been hiding behind a mask previously just to gain respect, but it didn't feel right.

The best scenario is to just be yourself! There are obviously many great things about you, and you shouldn't hide them!

Try to maintain a balance between self-esteem and huge ego.

Now sometimes we have people who act as if they are better than they really are. Sometimes always admitting their success, and constantly boasting/bragging about who they are. Sometimes it could be in a hostile way, and others it could be present because of lack of attention.

There is nothing wrong with finding value in yourself, however it can sometimes be a bit of a disadvantage if you admire yourself to the point where you affect others. It is one thing to let someone know you have achieved something, but it's another to constantly tell them over and over again.

"the only person that needs to know you're doing a good job is yourself." @Kryokin status 2016.

Accept yourself.

You may sometimes look in the mirror and not be satisfied with what you see, because sometimes we always think of our mistakes and the bad we have done, but this doesn't single our character out to be completely wrong.

Think about all the actions you have done in the past. You are more likely to remember a mistake or something bad you did rather than something good you did. If you carefully review all the positives and negatives you have done, you will find that you aren't as bad as you think!

In no way does one bad mistake outweigh a thousand good things about you!

Have a great day/night, stay positive, and remember that you are a great person, no matter what anyone tells you!

-Sirius

Kysis, safoya299, Braixen and 6 others like this.
  2. Syth

Syth

Minecraft:
    Sythie
    Sirius, You are such a good person. Taking the time and effort to make this thread knowing that there is so many people in this world that hate them self and nobody cares about them but you are here trying your hardest to make a connection with them telling them that you are so much more valuable then a bags of money! I honestly respect the people who do this and when I respect them I respect them A LOT. I will respect you forever and Keep doing this and keep doing you. Kudos.

KaiserVenom and Syrian like this.
  3. Syrian

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    The same to you, as it means more than you think to be appreciated!

To be honest, I hope that others will do the same! We need more people to reach out to those who need help. The problem is we lack the voice to help everyone entirely, so if we can't be loud enough, we need people to spread the word for us!

KaiserVenom likes this.
  4. Syth

Syth

Minecraft:
    Sythie
    You Should Be A Preacher cx Anyways Your 100% right!

KaiserVenom and Syrian like this.
  5. BlakeSenpai

BlakeSenpai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Minecraft:
    Dankyrie
    I really had no self confidence or self esteem when I was twelve. But growing up and now I'm 3 years older well I guess I'm more confident

MlgNoscuped, ItsBasher and Syrian like this.
  6. Kysis

Kysis The 1%

It's an extremely good guideline of how to better your self-esteem and self value, it definitely helped me and I'll refer this to those who need a guideline like this

Well done :)

Syrian likes this.
  7. Syrian

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    Thank you!

It is always good to spread the word! While we can't help all, a stronger voice is better than nothing!

It means more to me than you can possibly imagine!

Kysis likes this.