Rotating gamemode?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _Restrictionz_, Jan 30, 2019.

1. _Restrictionz_

_Restrictionz_ Donator

Minecraft:
    cmnvb / SOS
    I'm sure now that the "legacy gamemode" has been gone for a while now, some old folks would surely miss them. So my suggestion is to make a rotating gamemode that last lets say a month or something like that. Basically what it does is that every week or couple of days, the game mode changes from lets say spleef to sumo. During this time period, players will acquire "points" for participating and winning, and whoever has the most points by the end of the month gets rewarded with store vouchers or something nice/ exclusive.

Things that may affect this suggestion:
    1. The player base will die down because as we all know, everything dies down eventually.
    2. Cost of running different minigames (unless they all can rotate within the same map or something)
    3. Jerry and Harry cannot afford to keep giving out store vouchers even if its on a monthly basis. ( I think )
    4. May require some time to continuously update the games or implement new games with new themes.

Possible Solutions:
    As for the population possibly dying down after a while, I suggest that rather than putting this as a permanent minigame, it will only come out as an event. Let's say it's summer holidays. Having a rare event like this would allow people to have time to play the old legacy mini-games as well as a chance to win store vouchers. And because this is an event, the population would never really die out as this opportunity only arises every now and then. Making this an exclusive IJAH event solves the issue of population as well as the affordability to give out store vouchers however, as I do not know the cost of running these im afraid I have to say that cost may be a big issue as well as an issue as to whoever will keep updating these games/ changing them e.g.

Note:
    This suggestion is not really for a profit but I think game cosmetics can be sold without affecting fair game play. Its motive is to keep players playing, return to the server and to let the new players see what the old legacy games were like.

Let me know of what you think about this suggestion and feel free to add/ change the suggestion! Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Ryva, Aran, Left4Lag and 5 others like this.
  2. Feyn__

Feyn__ Lonely Mod Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Feyn__
    I literally Agree

Everyone wants the return of the old game modes. To please the community why not introduce this system of rotating game mode.

Every month or week the game mode would change to another game mode

For example :

Week 1: Sumo
    Week 2: Battle Royale
    Week 3: Build Battle
    Week 4: Craftroulette ( It's for you @ItsJerry )

This would allow for example to set up small competitions between players with some rewards to the key.

For example a competition based on the Build. For example for 1 week all game modes based on the build would be active. The first two days, the build battle. The next three days, The build it. The last three days, a pictionnary.

The person with the most victory could have won an Extra Merge in Creative.

_Restrictionz_ and Skillz like this.
  3. _Restrictionz_

_Restrictionz_ Donator

Minecraft:
    cmnvb / SOS
    I like the idea of winning things apart from store vouchers, maybe allow the winners to chose what rewards they like e.g they can chose an extra merge in creative if they play creative a lot, or like some kits in factions or keys in skyblock e.g

Feyn__ likes this.
  4. Left4Lag

Left4Lag Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Left4Lag
    I actually really like the idea of having this rotating gamemode thing with all the old games, sounds quite interesting.
    Therefore, if it is indeed possible and j&h can/will put in the effort into making this a thing, I 100% agree. Perhaps it rotates every few days / 1 week max imo anything more would be too long.

That makes no sense, if you were to win a store voucher then you could literally just buy the things you listed as an alternative..?
    Anything else would actually cost j&h money, for example gift cards and stuff like people have spoken of whereas the store vouchers actually don't cost anyone anything.

t3mptr3s likes this.