Removing the Current Pay to win System (Rework Ranks)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by XxHandOfGodxX, Jan 11, 2019.

?

Should the Ranks be Reworked?

1. Yes!

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No!

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. XxHandOfGodxX

XxHandOfGodxX

So i been getting frustrated since i got my 50$ for 1st place on Kit-PvP. I would like to report the pay to win system on there. People who buy ranks who think buying ranks are pay to win is very false. Ranks give almost no benefits People who bought ranks are almost as under geared as people who have no rank at all. On kit pvp How it works is rank or no rank you need prot4 or prot5 strength 1 or 2 Sharp 5 or 4 with a punch 2 bow and some pearls Just to PvP in "god" which is considered Op gear and is a loadout i use and how i got 1st place. When i played prison theres a rank system that stops you from using stone iron diamond gear before being the right level. People who have purchased god rank get a diamond set and sword But they cant because they are not level 50 which is useless and when you hit level 50 when you can actually use the gear you will find your iron gear is as good as the diamond gear you get in your kit. I killed people on kit pvp in diamond armor enchanted with p5 s5 and took 3 hearts when they used potions and gold apples i did not use any sort of healing to kill them. People who buy ranks are at a disadvantage when they could just buy keys /fix on kit pvp is useless and if its on prison its useless there too considering fixing items on there is next to free for both servers. on factions the only essential command on there for PvP is /fix and /fly for base building aside from that kits are useless long term theres no /reclaim from what i know the god kits offers no armor and is sold seperately for a 50 dollar rank you would hope for some decent items to get started and a decent set of armor considering p5 is in the game p4 should be a given to God rank considering its 50$ on sale which to most people is alot.

Ranks are a disadvantage compared to keys and vaults should be included i feel like keys should be given to ranks to start not alot but maybe 5-10 for top rank and 1 or 2 for each rank you are So people have gear at the begining and pay to win players do not win every koth at the begining of the game.

2. Feyn__

Feyn__ Lonely Mod Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Feyn__
    I quite agree with you that on certain games, the ranks are quite useless. However I am not for an improvement of contents that can help to advance the player in the game, but to a cosmetic improvement, which has no effect on the game but which makes us all happy (Because yes, we are all happy when we have our little cosmetics).

We've already done all the possible and unimaginable commands, personally I concluded that the command / recipe and a command / smelt would not be too much.

But, if you want more things in the ranks, you have to give ideas because the ranks are already full in my humble opinion.

ILABORIOUS and Aran like this.
  3. XxHandOfGodxX

XxHandOfGodxX

I think ranks should have vaults and kits that have longer cooldowns but work like p4 or 5unbr3 or custom enchant books with a longer cooldown on prison it's a headache cause I dont believe you even get cosmetics I dont there is 1 advantage for having God rank on prison on kit pvp you get some kits but its pretty useless compared to keys. I'm not talking about creative sky lock etc although ik they have player bases I'm more focusing on kit pvp prison and factions

The pay to win players dont buy ranks they buy keys and in larger quantities.

4. Feyn__

Feyn__ Lonely Mod Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Feyn__
    I quite agree that the rank god is not very very useful on the prison server, however on the pvp Kit I find it well balanced. It is true that all players who wish to pay to win will buy keys and not ranks. However having a rank on a multi-mode server like J & H is that we want to invest and discover all minigames. So I find that the god perks of the pvp kit are fine. However the prison kits should be rework

5. XxHandOfGodxX

XxHandOfGodxX

So we agree it's not useful on prison that's why I want more added on some servers and I suppose kit pvp kits are ok but that's a later topic alot of people took issue that they reset vaults and made it so you had to get them from keys on alot or servers i play on they already have vaults someone who paid 50 or how much God is shouldn't be on almost fair terms with a no rank

6. EzKitPvP

EzKitPvP Hello Everyone

Minecraft:
    Reqtor
    Dont be silly Lol. Thats stupid

7. XxHandOfGodxX

XxHandOfGodxX

Wdym them removing vaults or making you buy keys for the chance of winning them from keys

8. EzKitPvP

EzKitPvP Hello Everyone

Minecraft:
    Reqtor
    Welcome to jh LOL

9. martijn

martijn

Servers try to prevent unfair game advantages as much as possible. Mojang doesnt want servers to use a pay-to-win method. Moreover, Mojang has performed some actions against servers who did this. I even know a small server that got shut down completely because of the (unbelievably) unfair pay-to-win system.
    Take a look at this article:
    https://kotaku.com/mojang-is-trying-to-kill-pay-to-win-on-minecraft-server-1591663994

Quote from the article:
    "It's okay to charge players for other features like texture packs, skins, as long as they don't affect gameplay."

It's a little outdated but it might give a reason why servers aren't using a pay to win system. They want to be as kind to all players as can be, using a donation feature just to give people tiny extra's.
    I mean, we all hate the fact that EA constantly aks for money when we already paid for the game.