Remove punch 2 bows in kit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KhorndogAtVevo, Dec 7, 2018.

1. KhorndogAtVevo

KhorndogAtVevo I left minecraft for chess Donator

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    nobody can fight on kit due to punch 2 bows. idgaf if its a big part of the kit community, its just a big part to you greedy diamonds. its too exploitable. seriously. I get that maybe you cant detatch the enchantments from EVERY bow. but maybe disable it next reset.

2. Skillz

Skillz [God] Donator

Minecraft:
    Skillz_
    I disagree.

Punch 2 bows is a really fun and core mechanic of Kitpvp and Minecraft pvp in general. I don't think it's OP, and I have no trouble fighting people with punch 2 bows. The only benefit it gives it running away from people, or chasing people. It doesn't affect the fights at all otherwise. Also, the Kitpvp community has nearly perished, to remove something as controversial as this would cause the community to perish further.

3. Davey

Davey Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    TheGregHeffley
    Disagree
    As Skillz said above me, it's a big mechanic of Kit. I see it as a very important asset of gameplay, and it makes fights more interesting then it does dull them.

Skillz likes this.
  4. SASUKE

SASUKE whoa... Donator

i feel like Punch 2's are a good substitute for pearls. however, i do agree that they're a bit op

whilst i disagree with a removal, i feel like a nerf could be handy

Skillz likes this.
  5. KhorndogAtVevo

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    A “nerf” would be removing it. changing punch two to punch one is replacement. A “nerf” is changing poison for 50 sec to 40 sec
    --- Post merged ---
    shut up. it does dull them, it is impossible to go against punch 2 bows and chase them. they are problematic.

6. SASUKE

SASUKE whoa... Donator

...huh?!

okay, so removing an enchantment level from a bow isn't nerfing it, but changing a poison pot's time is?! do you hear yourself?!

a nerf IS a replacement. it's replacing an op item with a lesser item. wether it be bows, poison pots, they're all nerfs as long as they go down.

7. Davey

Davey Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    TheGregHeffley
    No need to be aggressive, I was just giving my input on it. And they aren't as game breaking as you're making them out to be. Many people don't have problems with them. They're easy enough to obtain, and they don't provide that much of an advantage if both people have one, in which most cases they do.

Skillz likes this.
  8. SASUKE

SASUKE whoa... Donator

they're a bit hard to obtain single-handedly

9. KhorndogAtVevo

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    you said that you disagreed with a removal, but we should nerf it. Nerfing it is clearly changing it to punch 1. That is the same as removing Punch TWO. It is nerfing, but i just cant wrap my head around what you said.

10. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectator Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Disagree. Players need to learn how to deal with it.

Skillz, Davey and KhorndogAtVevo like this.
  11. KhorndogAtVevo

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    that makes sense actually

12. SASUKE

SASUKE whoa... Donator

events that have occurred:
    1. 'unga bunga nerf pls uwu'
    2. remove bows all together
    3. 'wait what'
    4. misinterpretation, i really meant: remove punc h2
    5. 'wait what'

yeah your head doesn't wrap like that
    also my words aren't hard to understand
    take out punch 2 and replace it with punch 1 is all i said

13. KhorndogAtVevo

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    I have nothing to say to you at all, i am now blocking you, (Already have on discord), you are infuriating, and you should also take time to hear urself instead of putting it on me.

14. Skillz

Skillz [God] Donator

Minecraft:
    Skillz_

Even if we maxed bows at Punch 1, they would still be used. It would just mean that people would have to shoot a little more to move farther distances. They would still be hard to obtain, and wouldn't make much of a difference in pvp. This is why if you'd nerf Punch 2 bows, it would have to be completely removing them, otherwise people would still be able to use them. Unless you set a cooldown on them, which would also make them useless. Which is why I disagree with this suggestion.

Just like Davey said above, there's no need to be aggressive or to argue with others. This thread is a suggestion where people give their inputs, and you have to respectfully agree/disagree to eachother's opinion. If you don't like someone's opinion or what they're inputting, then just ignore them or explain why their idea wouldn't be a good one if implemented. That would help increase the chances of your suggestion getting accepted.

15. KhorndogAtVevo

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    sry fo being aggresive but i really dont like him, becaue he is gonna bring the thread off topic like he always does