Prison Suggestion Megathread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by funnychristmasusername, Nov 25, 2019.

1. funnychristmasusername

funnychristmasusername justice for treekillerman Donator

Hello JnH community! During the prison reset, I've been having a lot of thoughts about what I would like to see in the Prison server. Quality of Life changes, item ideas, events, etc. Please let me know your opinions on these!

XP Imbalance:
    Around the slime camp, XP grinding because unbearably slow without a booster. What I mean is, in the camps prior, grinding out a camp usually doesn't take longer than an hour, give or take. After the slime camp, it can take upwards of 3. In the end-game camps, it can take DAYS to get through them. I don't think this should be the case. The reason for this is because it makes Prison way less fun and much more repetitive, and the only way to work around it is to use a booster, which aren't always available. Sure, the grinding element of Prison becomes much more prevalent, but the more casual players like me are gonna have a way less fun experience playing because it takes too long to level up. Solution? Just up the XP gain on the later-game camps. Try to balance it out, or at least make the long waits for the end-game camps. This insures that players can have a more smooth, enjoyable experience playing Prison, rather than having to play for hours, days, etc. just to level up to the next camp.

Boosters:
    The way boosters are obtained in the current season is simple; buy keys, wether that be with real money or in-game money, and open chests until you get one. I don't think this concept should change, but what I wish WOULD change is the rarity of said boosters. The way it is now is that Rare crates don't hold any sort of booster, Epic crates only hold 2x's, and Legendary crates hold 2x's, 3x's, and 4x's. I think that we should have 2x's be in Rare crates, 2x's and 3x's in Epics, and Legendary crates can remain as they are, with 2x's, 3x's, and 4x's. This way, 5x's are still only obtainable by purchase, and it gives Rare crates an actual use other than early-game. This would fix the problem of Rare crates being practically useless after level 50, and it would, again, give casual players a more fair experience playing.

The 2 features above are ones that can be changed without affecting gameplay. The following ones are ones that I feel would drastically change gameplay:

Custom Gear/Enchantments:
    At the current point, after level 50, it essentially becomes a ladder of enchantment climbing. You get a sharp 5, then a sharp 10, 15, 20, etc. Sure, this is a fair enough way of grinding for gear, but I think we should focus more on also grinding the gear itself. Instead of stopping at Diamond armour, why not throw in some oddball armour? Emerald armour, Ruby armour, Forged Fire Swords, Genji's Dragonblade, take some inspiration from games like Hypixel's Skyblock. Make it so that there's some interesting gear to go for in the long run so that you don't get bored. After payout, what do you do? Make your number grow bigger. Wow! Fun. What could you do with this? Grind for some sweet ass Spider Death Trap Hacker VPN World Of Warcraft armour (okay, maybe not like that, but you understand). How would you get this armour? Well, you could go the easy way and just put them in crates, or host...

Events/Boss Fights:
    "So I've made it to the end game. Neat! What now...?" is a question I frequently ask myself when I hypothetically get to level 200. Sure, the plot world is there, but that's just building. What could I do instead? Maybe every weekend, we could have some kind of cool event, like a boss fight (i.e. spawn in the Ender Dragon, whoever kills him gets a good enchanted book, etc). This gives players a higher incentive to play more frequently. ATM, the closest thing we have that is similar to this are the crate drops, but those aren't really fun, considering that the people who bought, like, 7 5x boosters and have Sharpness however-many-decibels-there-are-in-pi swords with Protection *insert big number* Diamond armour just call out "Mine!" and everyone goes "Uh oh. I shouldn't go for that crate. How unfortunate." We should have events where people have to work together to defeat some kind of cool boss. More people play more often, more fun, more profit (wink wink hint hint), etc.

These are just ideas that I want people to kick around, if you disagree with any of them, please feel free to tell me. Most of these ideas are supposed to cater to more casual players, as it helps with activity and fun factor (see League of Legends). I think these changes could make Prison a bit more fun. Let me know what you think!

~Silas

P.S. - I'm aware that I call the different level-things camps. I think they're supposed to be called mines? I don't know lol

Trrevor, Ezzerland and thesaber903 like this.
  2. thesaber903

thesaber903 ~|| Multifandom | ASMR | Relationship Private ||~ Donator

Minecraft:
    thesaber903
    I guess with the XP that's the whole point of Prison, but they should change the XP to be slightly quicker but not too much. I stopped playing 2 seasons ago due to this, it got boring but I stuck around to chat.
    I agree with the boosters, I always have Rare keys but I never know what to do with them. I either have to use them [mainly because I don't want to sell them or there's no use selling them unless it's for early players who aren't past 30+ yet haha.] 2x boosters are cheap in the store but then again I'm broke as hell this winter from buying myself Christmas presents for myself.

For the armour, I don't know how exactly the 'Emerald' or the 'Ruby' would work, [yes I do know that those are ideas]. However, I feel like that would be something to be coded or add a mod in which I'm sure there is one of for both of them.
    For the Events/Boss Fights, I would feel like I'd wait for at least every 2 weeks on Saturday to do that. It's a really cool idea though, however, the question is that, would it be the same event every time or we could do a WOW style for the Stratholme with the rare horse from the boss that doesn't drop often. [Not the same, but the inspiration of it haha.]
    I agree with all of these, but I'm struggling to think of the 3rd one due to the armour in the game.

3. funnychristmasusername

The specifics of said armour, events, etc. aren't massively important. I just want to see how the concepts themselves of the custom gear for example sits with people.

Trrevor and thesaber903 like this.
  4. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    I like these suggestions.

Regarding the XP camp situation, that's intended to slow down, but yes, it could be scaled differently to make it so that it's not such a hard cliff (but gets a little slower earlier and continues).

For the boss fights, I presume dropping Boss Keys (which would just give you a random crate key) would be better/more desirable than any kind of gear?

I'm not sure about the gear suggestion. I'll need time to provide feedback or thoughts on it.

5. Illiteracy_

Illiteracy_ Illiteracy_

Minecraft:
    Illiteracy_
    yeah, boss fights would be a good idea, probs around every 50 levels or so. Instead of boring 20x20 plots that ppl only use to put their stuff in, i think being released freely into a world where raiding other ppl’s bases and pot brewing is a thing would be much more interesting and actually give strategy to the game. Also, there is a ‘grand door’ at the iron golem area that means absolutely nothing, that could be turned into a boss fight of some kind. An increase of xp would definitely allow more players to get to the free world where they could create bases and raid other bases. I also dont think people should be able to buy boosters and them only be in crates so we wouldnt have p2wers like myself dominate the gamemode so easily to get payout. I think variety is key with this server, especially as we see that the same thing over and over again clearly doesnt bring in enough people.

6. Hazza

Hazza

Minecraft:
    hqzzaa
    I agree, the game does get progressively harder and it goes on, and I am on board with the XP idea because even with boosters in some cases, leveling up and moving forward can still take way longer than anticipated. The boss fights would also be interesting, but I don't know how rewards after killing a boss would work, maybe a new crate and a new "Boss Key" as mentioned. Overall, some really nice ideas.

7. Trrevor

Trrevor There's always tomorrow Donator

Minecraft:
    UrAverageEboy
    amazing
    Amazing idea. I lost the top 5 because of this to hazza and birb. Also this one Russian/Turk but who tf cares.
    --- Post merged ---
    I also have an idea that makes the game more off skill and using your time wisely. Add a limit to how many hours you can play a day, my thoughts are maybe about 4-6 because if you don't play for a day, it's a lot less likely that you will lose your spot.

Another idea which I have been wanting since like season 1 is a way to pause your booster or some way to hold it off, kinda like Tetris.

8. funnychristmasusername

I don't agree with this solely from a standpoint of a business. You've heard the argument, "it's for business! How will the Owners make money if it's not for sale?" and I think it's a valid point. Maybe even just keep the 5x's for sale so that everyone has a fair chance at the 4x, 3x, and 2x boosters.

9. Trrevor

Trrevor There's always tomorrow Donator

Minecraft:
    UrAverageEboy
    you can buy money or crate keys. everybody buys legendary keys at the beginning, and that's about 100 dollars that people spend on keys.

10. funnychristmasusername

yes, you can. well done, trevor!