Poll: Should the server be fully updated to 1.10?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by PhantomStar, Sep 27, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should the server be upgraded to 1.10?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2016.
  1. Yes

20.9%
  2. No

68.7%
  3. Undecided

10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    Hello.
    Now before you start panicking, no the server is not definitely updating to 1.10 any time soon. I have no idea if or when J&H are even planning on updating.

But I wanted to do a little experiment. In my opinion, the best thing for the server is listening to the community and what the general public wants most. This poll is to see what you want most.

So what do you want?

Do you want to see the server be upgraded to 1.10 or would you rather have it stay 1.8?

Feel free to discuss why or why not upgrading would be a good idea, just keep it civilized. :)

Teamgrumpy, KaiserVenom and Phoenix like this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

Imo, no. It's just that I really don't like 1.9 and up. So yeah.

androo, Flurried, Starixty and 4 others like this.
  3. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    You would kill anyone who loves to pvp, pvp on 1.10 and 1.9 are just awful 1.8 isint as good as 1.7 but its at least some what tolerable to pvp

Xandalf, Smogg, Phoenix and 2 others like this.
  4. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    I think that eventually, it has too happen, but it should be delayed as much as possible and when it is finally out, cooldowns etc should be removed.

5. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    1.8+ is bad so no more updates just compatibility ones thanks

Auxilium and blok like this.
  6. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I'm not a pvper anymore, so whatever direction the community goes, I'll follow :)

TheFlamingDragon likes this.
  7. animelover999

animelover999 Donator

Personally, I don't think we can handle 1.10 right now. Maybe later.

8. RealTDITyler

RealTDITyler Will you love me after all the mistakes I've made?

Minecraft:
    TeamTyler
    Please, no.
    Okay, my reasoning might sound really biased, but I always crash on versions higher than 1.9.4, so 1.10 would give me hell. Sorry.
    Also, the majority of the community does not want this, which is why I voted no.

Teamgrumpy likes this.
  9. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    Gonna be the only "Yes" on this thread lol.

I think we should. 1.10 PVP isn't that bad. It's basically fighting in a game where you actually swing swords, like Skyrim. Infact, Skyrim is a prime example of 1.9+ pvp. It actually takes a second to swing in skyrim. Shields & Bows are just as important as the sword, and there are weapons that hit harder than the sword, but swing slower(In Skyrim, that would be the mace). 1.9 PVP is actually pretty fun when you try it out on a realm with some friends :P

Icy, vipa and jdjfjcnfnck like this.
  10. gippy

gippy DO IT Donator

I'm going to be honest here, I want 1.10. It isn't as good as 1.7 and stuff. It has new blocks and bunch of crap! Anyway, I think there are plugins to stop cooldowns.

11. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I prefer the server to update to 1.10. PvP is not the primary focus of the game, and besides, the new updates provide a new, fresh, experience for PvP. To those complaining about how PvP is "ruined" in the newer updates, it provides more skill, I guess people are against it because they either rely on jitter clicking to win, or they use hacked clients, specifically kill aura, to win over others, 1.10 neutralizes these advantages, while adding more skill.

Sakujo, Braixen and PhantomStar like this.
  12. Jakt

Jakt Former Mod+ |questionable | Donator

If they choose update, goodbye most mini-games that's for pvp (like every single one) as everyone hates it and will quit due to it, as some community has made that mistake and they'll never get back those players as they couldn't pvp correctly, but it's all depends what your looking at, in my own I'm not into pvp mostly building and talking via chat but most of this community is pvpers and trust me, they'll start drama if it happen as 1.10 update in the pvp community hates it fully, but ones again it's all what view you have on it.

13. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I'd rather it stay 1.8 as long as it can, but eventually it will have to update.
    And the problem with waiting to fully update to the recent version, is people who mainly just play IJAH will...well..might be a little behind than everyone else. An example could be like you played your favorite server that runs 1.8 after a year 1.9-1.10 was released, and when your favorite server finally updated to the latest version, you're behind on everything going on. Basically just not caught up to date as everyone else could be.

PhantomStar and Starixty like this.
  14. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Sorry some what relevant question is it possible to just update certain portions of the server to 1.10 ?

Smogg likes this.
  15. Starixty

Starixty Donator

I think so. I've seen other servers (like TheHive) do it.

ForeverDoomed likes this.
  16. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    If its possible we should Leave pvp portions of the server on 1.8 and everything else to 1.10 I believe creative people really want this not sure though

diamond_stiek and Smogg like this.
  17. Blaze_Ghast2

Blaze_Ghast2

I think they should give the option of 1.10 pvp but let people use 1.8 clients if they like

18. bluetrashbag

bluetrashbag hi Donator

Minecraft:
    Cyantifically
    I probably click as fast as an ant (that means I can't click for my life at all), so I'm not exactly the greatest PvPer and 1.9+ PvP would probably suit me better, but I kind of prefer 1.8-. For the sake of the community, I think we should stick to 1.8 for as long as we can. Most PvPers playing the PvP minigames would probably be very pissed if we upgrade fully to 1.10, and we'll lose a lot of players.

19. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    it's going to have to happen eventually, but i don't think the server is ready for it. it would make it harder to pvp, and since most of the server is pvp based, it would make a lot of people mad.

so, i vote no

20. Meluii

Meluii Donator

Minecraft:
    Meluii
    I have lag problems playing 1.9+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.