Other Games Pokemon ultra sun & moon

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by noahnoobfax, Jun 6, 2017.

1. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

Nintendo has released a trailer highlighting pokken tournament dx for most of the trailer, but at the very end, this is shown:

(Skip to 3:00)

Basically what this is is a trailer for the new pokemon games that are coming this fall. Contrary to what everyone believed, there wont be diamond and pearl remakes this year. Instead they show what is pokemon ultra sun and ultra moon. What do you guys think this will include? Will gyms make a return? Or will it be a sequel similar to Black and White 2? Or will this possibly open us up to other regions like gold and silver did to red and blue. For now, nobody knows anything, but it's fun to think of all the possibilities as to what this game will include.

EDIT: Necrozma is fused with Solgaleo/Lunaala. Could this mean a similar route to black and white 2? Some people are also speculating this could be a similar route to pokemon platinum in that it may take place in a different universe.

Its only pure speculation as of now, but what do you guys think of the new games? Are you guys sold yet? Leave your opinions & possible theories on the new game below.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    mochi, Mookey, Lethalities and 2 others like this.
  2. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    I honestly think they should stop milking it. I never played Gen 5 and up, so I can't really judge but to be honest they shouldn't try to milk it out. Enough is enough. I'm not hating, it looks interesting, but Imo they should stop.

Sakujo likes this.
  3. momand

momand ex-god Donator

they should've made dp remakes

PopeUrbanII likes this.
  4. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    upload_2017-6-6_20-10-34.png
    This was my reaction tbh, I was so hyped for a new game or sinnoh remake...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Sakujo and momand like this.
  5. Job_

Job_ Banana Donator

Minecraft:
    Sneakin_
    It seems like a nice game to me. I have played moon so I will buy Ultra moon as soon as it comes out.

6. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    They're not going to stop until they stop making money off of it.

7. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    True, unfortunately. People always want money and will never stop, even if the audience is sick of it.

8. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    They'll stop once people stop buying Pokemon games.

Dest likes this.
  9. ItsWilly

ItsWilly Ex Co-Owner Donator

Minecraft:
    MrDeathWilliam
    Pokémon Sun and Moon was pretty fucking good, if UltraSun and UltraMoon follows the same recipe, I'm sure it will be a good game.

Specially with such a vast field of opportunities that Game Freak can explore, such as the whole idea of the Ultra Beasts.

I'd prefer a whole new title but oh well, if it's good..!
    (Yes I play Pokémon, don't judge me)

10. Mookey

Mookey OITC Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    Mookey_
    Let me say this; people are getting their highs up too far. Just because Sun and Moon had little Sinnoh easter eggs referenced in the game, doesn't directly mean that Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming. As badly as I want remakes, it most likely won't happen until after these 2 games or the next generation, because GF almost always follows the same kind of pattern.
    Funny enough, after Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, a lot of people had their judgment on Sinnoh as it's a boring region with not many new fun features and now after Sun & Moon's release almost everyone wants remakes.

Also months ago, through unknown sources, it was hinted that a possible Pokemon ''Stars'' would be set for release on the Switch, but this didn't happen or has yet to in the future. Seeing as Monster Hunter XX will feature a Switch release, it's still not impossible for them to do it for Pokemon.
    To be entirely honest, I'm fine with Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Usually Game Freak tends to go with a third installment, rather than a sequel. In this case, we're probably going to see a Black & White 2 effect and I'm excited about it.

Seeing as Ultra Sun and Ultra moon will offer a new experience in the Alola region, including Pokemon that hadn't been seen in the original I doubt these games will be a huge letdown. What I'm personally most excited for is new Pokemon, possible gyms returning and a geographical change just like in Black & White 2.

Oh, and Pokemon Gold and Silver are set for release on the virtual console this September as well! =D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    John_0696 and PhantomStar like this.
  11. sss

sss Donator

[​IMG]

momand likes this.
  12. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    I'm just hoping the story is different enough from the original Sun and Moon, I don't want to pay 40$ for the same game with a few more features and slight differences.

Also more of my boi Guzma is always appreciated. <3

13. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

I'm actually quite excited to see how these games turn out, The trailers didn't reveal much except that alola looks nicer, The main protagonists look different and that Necrozma is getting the Kyurem treatment by having the ability to fuse with Solgaleo or Lunala which to me looks like they are wearing armor rather than being a mix between the two Pokemon, Still though it looks cool.

Judging from the title of the game I feel the ultra beasts are going to have a bigger role and that were going to see some Pokemon that weren't in the original game. Nonetheless I can't wait to see what Game freak has in store for us. Yeah I was a bit bummed that Diamond and Pearl remakes weren't announced, but that doesn't mean they might come out next year or so :P Anyways yeah, Bring on the Hype!

noahnoobfax likes this.
  14. Kono

Kono Former Staff Donator

I was half expecting dp remakes but I do think USM will tell stories that wasn't meant to be in SM. They say it'll be set in an alternate storyline, so things may have taken an odd turn in Alola that we haven't seen in SM. There will also be more Pokémon featured and I'm guessing Alolan Johto Pokemon because Gold and Silver will be released on Virtual Console, much like how Alolan Kanto Pokémon were featured in SM with the release of Red and Blue on eshop. I'm really excited for these and maybe they'll reintroduce gyms to get us accustomed back to the old Pokémon League system before dp remakes.

I'm glad they're making these games since I think SM deserve a similar Gaiden (side story) treatment. I'm also thinking that this is being made to give more time to a possible gen 4 remake. The engine for SM existed, so they're taking the map, the cutscenes, and character models to make a new story. I would rather have this and wait for the gen 4 remake than have a severely rushed one. To remake gen 4, they need to remake the entire sinnoh map, make character models for the player characters and all the NPCs, and I'm assuming they're not going to let SM be the only games with spectacular cutscenes, and Sinnoh did have one of the best stories for Pokémon. This doesn't include the after game or how Z moves and mega evolution will be incorporated into an already stellar region. It just makes sense to make a sequel or side story game instead of moving to another region, especially when Sun and Moon has one of the more memorable stories and region from that. (Gen 6 was just a test of the 3D for Gen 7)

15. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Excited! I loved the Sun and Moon game, alongside the story-line. Can't wait to get it when it's released.