Poetry

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by Yomc, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

No, it's not a traditional creation. But it's something I like to do, and these poems have been sitting around for a while, so I figured that I'd put them somewhere. (I'm totally not weird for writing poems I swear ;-; )
    If you have your own poetry that you'd like to share, feel free to post it as well. It'd be cool to make this a poetry thread.

Background for these poems:
    So, someone very close to me went through a really bad time with a girl that left him and started treating him pretty badly. Whether she did it on accident or intentionally, neither he nor I know. What I do know is that it made him really sad.
    So depending on the situation he was going through, I wrote three poems in his perspective for him. He really sympathized with the poem's emotions, which was cool.
    That story's only slightly skewed, but the message still remains clear.
    Also, these are in the style of Shakespearean Sonnet. This means that there are three stanzas with a rhyming couplet in the end, all keeping a 10 syllable iambic rhythm.
    Enjoy.

Yeah, if somehow you’re still viewing this, well, I deleted it.
    Aside from the purpose of this thread being really passive-aggressive and mean, I actually really like the poems that came out of it. So I’m posting them to a poetry sharing site that I made, and I don’t exactly want people linking that back to a Minecraft forum.
    Glad to see that you’re here, though.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. Devin610

Devin610 Donator

Minecraft:
    Devin610
    That moment you know who this is for... lol....
    The shade here is too much that I'm just sitting here in amusement.(and in astonishment )
    The past should always be let go, there's some fights you wont win and must give up but ya know.... lols...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    _Magical, Xandalf, Kimme and 3 others like this.
  3. Yomc

Yomc ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

The backstory is irrelevant, to a degree. I only used that part for inspiration. The real part of a poem (if you ask me) comes from the actual part of a poem - the way the emotion is portrayed, namely. One can find it much easier to write a poem when it connects with certain emotions that they feel. It's simply a random spark of inspiration.
    Sure, there's backstory, but I only made sure to include it so that there isn't too much confusion. It's kinda like when a song has questionable material in the words, but you listen to it for the notes. I can't control what emotions contributed to the poems' creation, and it's impossible for anyone to be offended by it, or at least it should be.
    My goal isn't to throw shade - it's to put stuff out there, after all. Any shade that ends up being thrown is purely coincidental.
    And as an edit...
    I agree with you. There's a time for giving up. Some fights can't be won. However, these poems aren't anything recent - they're pieces that I made in the past and aren't representative of any current emotions. It's like a posting a picture of someone six months before they lose heaps of weight. It's a nice window into the past, but doesn't necessarily represent them at that very moment.
    And in this case, it doesn't.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  4. RockoR

RockoR new bagel

Minecraft:
    RockoR
    im not crying its just the rain i swear

SinisterBucky likes this.
  5. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    *clap clap* I like the poems. I'll get some of my poems up here soon.

6. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Former Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    I used to write poems as a pastime, mostly limericks. I've kind of fallen out of doing it now.

7. PyromancerMagic

PyromancerMagic Donator

You know what, I take what I said back. I'm getting way to cynical. I apologize.

Anyways, I like the poems. I only wish I could understand them xD
    (I do, just not easily).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  8. YoshcraftMLG

YoshcraftMLG E.T Sniper~ Actual Sandwich

Minecraft:
    Ezou
    This is actually really good man!

I don't know about the others but it's kind of cool that you based this on a really deep backstory, it adds depth and meaning to it.

9. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    Alright, I found one in my GDrive archive. It's called class, and it's about my experience at school. In five lines. It's more complex than it looks.

Class.
    Plain, small,
    Lacking glass.
    Teacher teaching,
    Focus never flits.

Hope you enjoyed. :D

10. gibbson3

gibbson3 Legend l Gibby

Minecraft:
    KoolKiwi187
    Lol Ikr.