[PK] Flooded Viking (Real Version)

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by goreesha, Nov 10, 2015.

1. goreesha

goreesha kbye

Minecraft:
    goreesha
    IGN: goreesha

Minigame:
    Parkour

Description of the map:

Okay, so the premise of this map, before I get started, is supposed to be constant rain causing a flood among a Viking style house. If this is added, I would like it to be constantly raining. This helps with the environment I have created within the little map.

The description is, it is a small, Viking themed parkour. It was made to be among the easier parkours, while still maintaining a medium amount of difficulty. It's a little short, but it's long jumps and interesting scenery make up for this.

Screenshots:
    All of the screenshots I took are too big to be put here. Therefore, I made a small video, which tours around, and shows the entire parkour. There are many cuts, but that's because I'm not very good at parkour, and I messed up a bunch. (If video isn't working, check back later, it's processing as of 9:22 PM CDT)

Credits to:
    The 18 Build Team
    Official members
    -----0------0-------
    @goreesha ~ HeadBuilder
    buckmaidt ~ SrBuilder
    @SirNugget ~ JrBuilder
    @messi_junior ~ JrBuilder

ZakMuir, nzoslash and SirNugget like this.
  2. nzoslash

nzoslash Donator

Minecraft:
    NzoSlash
    this is nice, good job.
    EDIT: Although, @Ayg is right about it being a bit too simple.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Ayg and goreesha like this.
  3. Ayg

Ayg life is interesting :)

Minecraft:
    N/A
    IMO this is to simple. But good job

goreesha likes this.
  4. ZakMuir

ZakMuir Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    ZakMuir
    I quite like it, good job!

goreesha likes this.
  5. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Okay, I'm going to give my honest opinions on this map.

So starting off, I'd like to talk about a map as a whole. I personally like the entire design and theme of the map but I think it's a bit too short. Also, I personally feel that you could make better use of the viking ship (or at least I think that's what it's supposed to be). At one point in your video, you go to the end only to drop at the cobble-like platform and jump from there going outward. You literally can cheat on that portion for all you need to do is go land on a staircase, and align yourself with one of the cobble platforms and you're good.

Next, the amount of water; specifically at the end of the map. I noticed that shortly after you get out of the ship, there is a mass increase of water making it hard to jump on. I am aware that it is supposed to increase the difficulty of the map but I think it's too much of a jump in terms of the level of difficulty especially since you had a lot of blocks to jump on at first. I'm also not too fond of the one block jump at the end before the final part of the map for if you lag a lot, you're as good as impossible to completing the map.

Lastly the design of the map at the end. It seems rushed in my opinion. The water is placed in an unorganized matter as if you placed random water buckets (not too sure if it's intentional or not) making it look very messy and unprofessional. Also, if you noticed, at the end of most maps, there's quite a lot of detail which yours seems to be lacking.

That's all I have to say as of now, maybe if you edited these things it would possibly look better? I don't know, this is of course all up to you whether you want to do it or not. Good luck though.

6. goreesha

goreesha kbye

Minecraft:
    goreesha
    There is barriers there to keep you from getting down there. You are right, I should lengthen that, I will work on that today.

Netherr likes this.
  7. RealTDITyler

RealTDITyler Will you love me after all the mistakes I've made?

Minecraft:
    TeamTyler
    This is really good

8. mochi

mochi t̶̀h̶e̵ ̷̧͝c̵̨á̢t͘ Donator

Amazing map. However, at the end when you previewed it I noticed there was too much wood in the building (and it was very plain), and too much wheat in that area with the windmill. I like it other than that.

9. goreesha

goreesha kbye

Minecraft:
    goreesha
    That area is supposed to be a farm, but, I will add more plants to it to make it look more diverse, or something along the lines of that.
    The wood inside, is because it's hard to add a lot of items into the house when there is a long parkour section inside. I will see what I can do.

TreeKillerMan and SirNugget like this.
  10. Rob

Rob Donator

Minecraft:
    unpay
    This is a pretty cool map!

11. Dreadlord1

Dreadlord1 Donator

Minecraft:
    notgb
    It's kind of short, but overall this is a good map!

12. Witherman4747_

Witherman4747_

13. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    Personally, I think its amazing, but I think its a bit too short.

14. gaminggoblin

gaminggoblin [Donator] [Ruthless]

Minecraft:
    NekoKingpin/PinkPegasus
    looks way to easy

15. nzoslash

nzoslash Donator

Minecraft:
    NzoSlash
    Actually its not, its kind of unique, and if your going to criticize about something, do it somewhere else.