[PK] Abandoned Kingdom

Discussion in 'Accepted Map Submissions' started by Heatdude Da Waffle, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    IGN: Heatdude
    Minigame: Parkour
    Description of the map: I actually built this around 2 years ago at the same time that I built futuristic, prison, and river city, but I never submitted this one because I never was that happy with it. I still don't think it's perfect, but maybe I need to be willing to put something imperfect out there and see if people like it anyway.
    Although the path of Abandoned Kingdom follows a near straight line from the start to finish the jumps are not always so straight forward- some jumps are along the edge of a circle forcing you to flick your mouse from jump to jump, and other jumps are sharp turns that, to speed run, also require quite a flick.
    Featuring few challenging jumps Abandoned Kingdom serves as not only the easiest but also the shortest parkour map I've submitted, but I still think that speed runners will enjoy trying to edge each other out by cutting corners as fast as possible and landing those perfect edge-of-the-block jumps.

I made very few adjustments from the build that has been collecting dust for over two years so I hope you all enjoy the build that I abandoned; Abandoned Kingdom.
    Screenshots: Same deal as normal, for every screenshot with shaders there's also an identical screenshot without. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credits to: Heatdude

This map isn't up to my standards today but I thought maybe it's better to put it out there anyway rather than letting it rust away on my server.
    Thanks for checking out my build, hopefully you weren't repulsed by it.

Enjoy~

2. Negree

Negree Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Infest | Negree
    Looks great Heat.

Heatdude Da Waffle likes this.
  3. Queen_Infinity

Queen_Infinity

This looks awesome. Is it in the easy section, and how many jumps are there?
    Great choice by deciding to submit the map instead of letting it rot. It's nice and straightforward.

4. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    I'd certainly say it's easy. Some jumps are a bit harder when you're doing them quickly because of the sharp turns but if you're not going for speed I'd expect most people to get the whole thing down in their first 4 or 5 tries.

Also good question on the jumps, there's 32 jumps in total.

Stolas likes this.
  5. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    32 jumps ;o that's going to be fun to speedrun

6. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    Looks interesting. PM me the map download if you still want it submitted