Peaceful Survival Reset?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GalacticGnome, Mar 21, 2017.

?

Should there be a Peaceful Survival Reset?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2017.
  1. Yes

62.1%
  2. No

37.9%
  1. GalacticGnome

GalacticGnome

Well I am not sure if this is the right place or the right format for one of these but it will get the point out.

So I've been playing this server for awhile now and I've noticed a lot of games that have been reset. Of which have now grown in player count and liking. For example, with the reset of Parkour, there have been many great features added such as, the new spawn, new maps, and Mega Parkour. The same thing happend with Survival Games, Skyblock, and probably other ones that I am forgetting. These rests and/or updates have helped this server out quite a bit and has made it more fun. One game that has not been reset or updated ever is Peaceful Survival. There have been a lot of players leaving most likely because no updates or reset. If you look at the amount of players now versus back when the game was new, you can see it is a huge change. So basically if there is a Pecaeful Survival reset, I do think there will be many more players on and joining the server in general...

If this were to happen, some new things I think should be added would be:
    • A /shop that is organized and easy to buy and sell. (Maybe something like, "Sell/Buy 1, Sell/buy 64 and Sell All).
    • A /ah would be a nice improvement.
    • A new spawn would be a definite upgrade. (Mainly for info or other things that are important).
    • A /wild is probably one of the most important commands that would need to be added, especially for non donators that have to walk for an hour or more.
    • Make /repair cost money, because chances are if you are grinding all day or even a little, you will have plenty of money to /repair. Also seeing that this is not factions (No way of being raided technically), you could go to your AFK farm and grind for days if you wanted to.
    So these are just my thoughts on this, so don't get mad at me if you disagree. Also who is to say that there will ever be a reset. This is just my way of reaching out to the staff to reset and give an upgrade for a game that is long overdue. By no means do I want to spread the word of a Peaceful Survival reset. But if there is... staff get creative because it will pay off. P.S. I'm not trying to be a staff or anything and I cant choose if there will be an update this is just my thoughts on it :).

Smg, SmashCloud, Odilon and 1 other person like this.
  2. Odilon

Odilon Donator

this actually would be good imo- because it's so run down atm and you can't really play after a while without being noticing another base around your area, you spend ages searching for. but i don't think the resets should be as frequent and or scheduled like factions. possibly once when the time has come that it's so run down, blown-up and griefed. then yes.

Smg likes this.
  3. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Former Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    I co-founded a faction named Zambi within a week of this iteration of peaceful going live. That faction is now 2 years and 9 months old. I have long since abandoned it because nothing stays interesting for that long, and the server as a whole is no exception.

There are only so many projects you can start and finish, so many mob farms you can create, so many landscapes you can overhaul to perfection.

There have been numerous major projects undertaken and completed by me and my friends in survival including:
    - 3 guardian farms
    - Mob farms of almost every conceivable type
    - Faction spawn areas that have taken tens of thousands of blocks to build
    - Multiple reiterations of old classics such as SkyCity
    - An attempted cathedral build that covered 216 chunks and a 10,000,000-block volume
    - Claiming an entire biome (Ice Spikes to be specific
    - Creating a wall over 1500 blocks in length to enclose the faction Echo
    - The construction of empires composed of 10+ factions all under 1 banner of leadership
    - An event where 100 withers were spawned and killed in an arena all at once (I still think that's why wither skeleton spawned were disabled :/ )

- And most recently, the worldbreaker slime farm. Echo, the faction I'm currently in, tried to build a slime farm with what was intended to be 500-600 spawners, some hoping it would cause enough lag to cripple the server. Unfortunately, we couldn't get any more than 100 spawners to work before the lag destroyed everything.

Yes, that's right. Some of those who have played in survival the longest have grown so numb to all other ideas that the ideas of murdering the server they love and thus commuting suicide is the only interesting thing left.

We've had our fun, and a new start would be a good change of pace. It's time to wipe the slate clean.

Odilon and Smg like this.
  4. SmashCloud

SmashCloud HOPE Donator

Minecraft:
    SmashCloud
    Agreed. More players will play on Survival if J&H reset Survival.

5. Bearington

Bearington Change your thoughts and you change your world Donator

Minecraft:
    [GOD] Wolfington_
    Agreed. I just want ALL of my spawners back. (THIS MEANS SPAWNERS THAT HAVE BEEN PLACED MORE THAN 30 DAYS AGO.)

6. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Since I've spoken out my opinion on William's thread (which was a long time ago), I have changed perspectives.
    Seeing Survival for myself I have decided that I am pro-reset, but the map shouldn't be completely forgotten. I suggest that, there could possibly be a world download if Survival were to be reset. Therefore, players can still access their items, such and such.

But man, just wandering around a bit..it would be awesome to have a fresh start. I'm actually thinking of playing if a reset were to happen.

TwageTomato and Bearington like this.
  7. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

I agree. :)

Odilon likes this.
  8. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I don't really play Survival here on this server because I don't want to have to claim my own land when in Creative you already get your own land anyways.

It sounds like a plan to me.

9. Snow

Snow Donator

I don't play Survival as often on this server, but I fully support your proposed idea.

10. antibullyranger

antibullyranger ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Donator

I'm pretty sure a survival reset was supposed to happen a while ago but for some reason it hasn't happened yet.
    I even saw a new spawn for it on the build server.
    But yes, I agree.

Xandalf likes this.
  11. DiblyyIsGone

DiblyyIsGone um what happened Donator

Minecraft:
    Diblyy
    William has already stated that they will do this when they want. This thread has already been answered.

12. Bearington

Bearington Change your thoughts and you change your world Donator

Minecraft:
    [GOD] Wolfington_
    Every day Survival doesn't get reset is another player leaving the server.

13. DiblyyIsGone

DiblyyIsGone um what happened Donator

Minecraft:
    Diblyy
    Yes,, but we are already dealing with this issue. @MrDeathWilliam can you give us an answer? Will it ever be reset? A month? Year?

14. ItsWilly

ItsWilly Ex Co-Owner Donator

Minecraft:
    MrDeathWilliam
    Patience my young grasshopper

Sakujo, Sofie, Bearington and 9 others like this.
  15. SixthCoyote

SixthCoyote Donator

Minecraft:
    Ezreul
    It would definitely attract some more people to the server, I'd hope there'd be a way to somehow keep some items for the reset as well; should there be one.

16. Syrian

Syrian Former Mod x2 Donator

Minecraft:
    Syrian_
    I would say yes, reset the server but only if we have a good map submission for a new spawn. To balance out the negativity from every player losing their work, we should at least have an "update" with this reset making game play a lot more fun this time around.

SixthCoyote and Smg like this.
  17. Kaizerroooll

Kaizerroooll Legend Former Sonorant In Echo Donator

Minecraft:
    Kaizerroooll
    I don't know if I want it to reset maybe like @Serayne said an update