Pay To Win ( Rant )

Discussion in 'KitPVP' started by CubeSMP, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CubeSMP

CubeSMP

So before i get on with my little rant, here is my IGN to ban me if you don't like what i have to say - Biiboy

So, the KitPVP server has a few kits, you can either have full leather, full iron, full diamond, or full chain. However, to have the full diamond you have to "Purchase it at the shop" which means; A. ) You will have people who have money purchasing the kit and then team with other people who have also purchased the kit. Or B. ) You will have people who may not have money to buy kits in a "Block game" so they are forced to have full leather or chain/Iron. Either way, If you dont have money the server just says "We dont care about you, you can deal with getting killed OVER and OVER again." I feel like kits need to be nerfed or you should be allowed to have the kits at least one time a day rather than buying them. ( Seems like selling out to me )

Khorndog and Boss3289 like this.
  2. Smogg

Smogg ex-m.o.d Donator

On KitPvP, there aren't any "full diamond kits". Players earn their gear through killing other players, gaining emeralds, and then purchasing item/weapons/armour from the stores around spawn.

Auxilium and n00bhouse like this.
  3. CubeSMP

CubeSMP

4. Smogg

Smogg ex-m.o.d Donator

That kit doesn't give you full diamond, it gives you half iron and half diamond.

Lethalities likes this.
  5. CubeSMP

CubeSMP

Either way its bought from the store to help build your way up to full diamond. The only free kits are full leather and full iron.

6. branj10

branj10 Since Jan 2013 ❤ Donator

Minecraft:
    xZre
    Lol what's the point of this rant? at least you have full iron to help you out, right?

"You will have people who may not have money to buy kits in a "Block game" so they are forced to have full leather or chain/Iron."
    They might not have money, but they can earn emeralds by killing players.
    Kill players -- >Gain emeralds --> Buy armors/swords.

refinnej likes this.
  7. overwatchlover69

overwatchlover69 [Weaboo] [Hanzo Main] [Donator Rank] Donator

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    Really, the only reason you would make this is if your good at pvp, and it isn't that hard to kill player that is on your level. And, you can always just duel players instead of doing FFA. I do not agree with the pay to win, what i do say is that some players abuse their Op kits, by purposefully going after the players with leather armor. Players with OP kits should be fighting other players that are on their level.

Zeph likes this.
  8. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Nah I'm all for this thread, it may not be pay to win but I do think it's unfair new players can't do anything in terms of getting better gear. Ranked people all team with each other and camp the newer players this is why I constantly request getting a kitpvp revamp so we can actually make
    It fair because currently kitpvp is not attracting any new players

Braixen, YFIOTR, Rollz and 1 other person like this.
  9. GalaxyPuffz

GalaxyPuffz rip joergen Donator

Minecraft:
    GalaxyPuffz
    You realize all KitPvP servers are aimed this way. It doesn't matter if you do 100 resets, it's always going to end up a group of people (whether it be donator's or not) banding together to take out the newer people. It isn't fair, and Kit never will be. Go onto any server with KitPvP and tell me what you see because it's the same thing. No use trying to fix something that is bound to happen.

Now with Kit being "unfairly geared towards donators" Yea. Of course it is. You get better gear starting off from being donator because you helped fund the server. Even so, the kits have been lowered to give everyone a more fair chance, but donators still will get the edge each and every single time. And still, no one spawns with diamond armor, you have to work your way up to it, donator or not; too bad if you might get killed a few times, welcome to the gamemode. Figure out a way to gain enough money to get your first set of diamond armor, kill more people, enchant a good set of diamond armor and you're in, voila.

10. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    You don't seem to be very diverse in servers you play on off the top of my head veltpvp,Hcgames,and hcteams have kitpvp servers which are amazing because everyone gets the same kit go play on those serve And tell me how many people play on it it gets 500 people just by that game itself

11. CubeSMP

CubeSMP

You see anything a Donator says will be biased. I am 100% sure if you weren't a donator, and was in mine and many others situation where you are getting 10 teamed on by full diamonds with fire aspect and flame bows, you too would be complaining. Maybe log on an alt without donator and see how it is?

Rollz and MeatBoy0 like this.
  12. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Although I do agree with you the hostility is not needed I do want changes I do feel it's pay to win and I think making the change will make the server better but keep respect

Rollz and branj10 like this.
  13. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    ^^ change pls ;)

14. CubeSMP

CubeSMP

Why is this a thing? ( it was like a team of 10 full diamonds only 2 rendered in ) ganging up on full leathers

http://imgur.com/a/NbreW

15. branj10

branj10 Since Jan 2013 ❤ Donator

Minecraft:
    xZre
    Maybe they're just trying to farm xp?

refinnej likes this.
  16. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    That's the problem the 10 diamonds just sitting their praying upon leather people for xp makes the game unfair

Braixen and branj10 like this.
  17. CubeSMP

CubeSMP

So a mod just pretty much told me if i buy a rank its going to be for nothing. He said and i quote "you will only get shit kits" http://imgur.com/a/CIIru

18. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Those kits aren't good you get some basic diamond gear thats helped when the reset happened but now that that's over it won't do much

19. dynamitefly

dynamitefly Viking Donator

Minecraft:
    dynamitefly
    I'm for no p2w, as it ruins the gameplay for the players that can not afford to purchase those perks. Myself I'm a p2w player and usually never have issues with such things, even though I do not like p2w.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.