[Parkour] SewageCanal

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Trevah, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Trevah

Trevah Dude I am so high. Donator

Minecraft:
    trevor9200
    IGN: trevor9200
    Minigame: Parkour
    Description of the map: Again, another sewers map. This is only a medium map(according to me). Hope it looks good! I didn't spend much time into it, so don't judge me.
    Screenshots:
    Credits to: trevor9200

StreakyOrange likes this.
  2. Amandq

Amandq cloud-enthusiast / helper Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Amandq
    I enjoy the map, but it seems very plain. The variety in blocks used is well used, but there is little to no dimension with the map. Adding more outcrops or corrosion in the walls would make this map “pop” a little better. Also, make sure to add the tag [Parkour] to the title of your submission. Keep up the good work!

3. Trevah

Minecraft:
    trevor9200
    I get what you’re saying. Thanks.

Amandq likes this.
  4. Zamorak

Zamorak Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    xZamorak
    Don't get me wrong but I think this is a wonderful map, and I like the simplicity of the parkour jumps. But there are a few things you could improve, and I'm sure you can agree this could use a little more work considering you said didn't put much time into it:
    • Try give the walls, roof and ground some depth, at the moment they're flat
    • Your primary block choice seems to be Stone Brick and its variants, I'd try add in some other colors/blocks
    • Torches never really seem to look too good, so adding in hidden lighting like Glowstone under the water or something as an alternative would look better
    • I may be wrong, but I think you built this map on another server, and if this map submission is accepted you have to send a download link for this parkour, and if you're unable to do that this map can't be implemented
    • Instead of having flat walls fairly close to the jumps, maybe extending them out and creating room for more background decoration would make this map pop out more
    I hope these ideas help you improve your map. Good luck!

hmj, Amandq and Trevah like this.
  5. Trevah

Minecraft:
    trevor9200
    Thank you! I will implement these right away!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Zamorak likes this.