- [ Parkour ] Farming Etiquette

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Stolas, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    IGN(s)
    Expedect, xDeer, Carolyn_Cool, Band_Traash, 66666666666666, DerpyMarta, NRW082501 and ZuastBiatches.
    Minigame
    Parkour.
    Description Of The Map
    Farming etiquette is a hard map that takes you through multiple islands that are farming land and broken plains. This map features 2 visible chickens (for fun), a horse statue and a bunny statue. It includes a small barn that is the main point of the map. There is vines and leaves all over it as it is no longer in use. The biggest feature of the map is a big tree that features a mine that the player will have to go through and glowstone parkour under the tree parkour. After you beat the glowstone; you have to go to the hardest and possibly most challenging part of the map, the tree trunk. You have to go up the tree and features ladder jumps (that isn't frequent) and an uphill battle. You do a dropper; which you can only land on the bee inside. You continue to the outside and finish out the map with more of the islands that are ripped from the ground.
    This entire map is above the void.

Screenshots
    2016-11-29_17.11.27.png 2016-11-29_17.11.01.png 2016-11-29_17.10.52.png 2016-11-29_17.10.40.png 2016-11-29_17.09.15.png 2016-11-29_17.09.26.png 2016-11-29_17.09.35.png
    Credits

SEUS Shaders (Photos) and the EMBT.
    Server supported by Server.pro.

Attached Files:

2. Narnia

Narnia Lets Watch Memes Together! Donator

Minecraft:
    Banarnia
    Exp, you made it look so good :D

3. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    The amount of effort put into this map is very evident. This is a really good map and I hope it gets accepted.

4. Narnia

Minecraft:
    Banarnia
    Tysm :D I was one of the people who helped build this, in fact, it was my idea for the theme, so, it makes me happy for you to say that :D

5. Zackery

Zackery Donator

Minecraft:
    Zackeryy
    Possibly a video run through of the map?

The screenshots given look great, and I hope it does get accepted.
    Once again, great work! c:

6. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    That will be thought it with my EMBT. It is not certain a video will be released however a download link instead. Thank you for the recommendation however, it is very helpful.

Our build team accepts your gratitude. We did indeed pour our hearts and souls into this map; whether they sat around and gave ideas or they worked hard and proved that everything we do here in EMBT & J&H is all worthwhile.

Thank you for the comment.

7. TheFlamingDragon

TheFlamingDragon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    Looks great, but the tree looks very... world edit-ish. Maybe install the plug-in called VoxelSniper and smooth that out. Good luck :)

8. Narnia

Minecraft:
    Banarnia
    It was a plug in we used called GiantTrees, but now thinking about it, it doesn't really look that natural. Thanks for the tip! :D

TheFlamingDragon likes this.
  9. TheFlamingDragon

TheFlamingDragon Resigned, Former M.o.d Donator

Minecraft:
    TheFlamingDragon
    No problem! You may need to look up some videos with VoxelSniper, kinda confusing.

10. rosellavio

rosellavio Donator

The little birch tree area seems a little undetailed. I don't know if you can fix that though.
    Anyway, I love the time and effort you put into this. It's a great map and I'd honestly love to play it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  11. KreoN

KreoN Manager of Something| 9 Year Vet Donator

Minecraft:
    _KreoN_
    Sorry for the negativity, but it should be said if you want this map submission considered to be accepted.
    The scale for this build is extremely off. For example, you have a huge tree, and then you have tiny islands for the parkour. It makes no sense, considering the tree is on one of the islands. Also, why are the chickens in front of the tree almost the same size as the barn? It doesn't make any sense to me. Also for the tree and barn: why is the platform (island) it's on so small (up and down)? There is no logical way that looks even remotely realistic; try adding more to the island bases. On a side note, a tree that big wouldn't be hollow or have a straight shot up to the top. If you are going to keep that parkour inside the trunk, please make it curved and add some stuff to the inside of the trunk to make it remotely realistic. Also, in your first screenshot, make sure your pallet is correct - you could modify the shaping so it's not a perfect sphere.

Again sorry to be negative, but I'd figure I'd say it if you want a shot at this being accepted.

EDIT: Consider these changes for a MUCH greater chance.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.