Other Games Overwatch OBS stream settings

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by poe, Oct 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    So I have been streaming overwatch for a while now on my new pc, Which fully works normal. I get 120 fps on Ultra graphics

But when I stream it Obs just moves it to 30 and lowers the graphics.
    Its watchable but I want it to have the same graphics as my pc, Or just decent 60 fps.

thanks.

2. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    You have to have the same settings on OBS as your Overwatch settings. You said you had 60 fps ingame but only 30 on stream. You probably have your OBS settings set to 30 fps, same with the quality.

TheFlamingDragon likes this.
  3. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    No thats the point it doesn't, My framerate settings is on "60fps" and my resolution is "1280x1080" My screen, Just the same.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  4. Krewlex

Krewlex Donator

Minecraft:
    XenonHD / Krewlex
    I'd assume you have good internet to stream 1080p60, if you don't, you can downscale the 'output' from OBS. You can play at 1080p but make it stream at 720p or 900p. Have a look over those. Are you using the old OBS or OBS Studio?

poe likes this.
  5. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    1. Its alright, Its a lan cable. 2. Yeah idk about those settings I have Zero idea of how it works 3. Obs studio x64

6. Saul1337

Saul1337

Example of my stream
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessBillowingKoupreyKAPOW

Make sure you test your network in order to see how much Bitrate you can use. (The higher number the better)
    I can easily go up to 3500 which would increase the quality by a lot on my 1280x720 scaled resolution but 3500 is a little too much for my computer and causes games to drop below 30 FPS.
    Also make sure you're connected to the server near your area.

If you can handle it, I suggest x264 encoding, CBR Rate control with 3500. (Or higher) Resolution out scale is up to you.
    Also your FPS is based on what your game does during the process of you streaming, I can get max FPS when I don't stream but when I stream the process is a heavy load causing the games to have unstable FPS during streaming. This is why I chose to lock my stream FPS at 30 and try to have my games FPS at 60. 60 Just plays smoother and as long as it's above 30 the stream will get the best experience as well.

And we can all sit here and tell your our stream setting profiles but it's also just a lot of testing, just learn the basics of the program and just go live play the game, go offline and just watch back the VOD to see what the changes do. There's always that sweet spot that works for you but not for others.

I suggest you find the best settings and leave bitrate for last, just start with the basic 1000 bit rate test it out and bump it up to 2000 and test it out.
    When you notice a negative change when bumping up the bit rate use a smaller number like example : 1500. Just do a lot of test and eventually you'll be happy with the result. (Preferably 3000~3500 or higher)

Krewlex and poe like this.
  7. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
  8. Golembyte

Golembyte it’s rare you see me online Donator

Minecraft:
    Golembyte
    I don’t use OBS, mainly because I only record hackers for reporting. I use the Windows Game Recording because it’s quick and easy.

9. poe

poe Dutch Donator

Minecraft:
    Poetur
    Don't wanna sound mean but this is about streaming. xD

Golembyte likes this.
  10. Saul1337

Saul1337

1000 Bitrate is the default, start Overwatch and go into the shooting range and just walk around, move your mouse a lot around and then watch the stream back how it looks.

I think I misinformed you in my last post, I think you should be able to change Bitrate whist you are live. Other settings require you to restart the stream.

So start on 1000, if it looks bad up it to for example 2000, if that looks good and your system is holding well, move it to 3000, if in the same case as me you notice that your game starts to suffer go back to 2900, if that doesn't improve 2800, 2700 etc etc.
    Like I said in my previous post, just a lot of testing.

11. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    every chance to plug his stream, he takes it

12. Saul1337

Saul1337

Hire me for advertisements, I'M SIMPLY THE BEST.

poe likes this.
  13. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    shameless plug